Bizhelp
Bizhelp, CPA
Experience:  Bachelors Degree and CPA with Accounting work experience

1. The Incident Command System (ICS) is: a. A standardized

1. The Incident Command System (ICS) is:
a. A standardized approach to incident management that is applicable for use in all
hazards.
b. A relatively new approach created based on the lessons learned from the 9/11
terrorist attacks.
c. A military system used in domestic incidents to ensure command and control of
Federal resources.
d. Most applicable to the management of complex incidents that extend over many
hours or days.
2. The ability to communicate within ICS is absolutely critical. To ensure efficient, clear
communication, ICS requires the use of:
a. Agency-specific codes.
b. Common terminology.
c. Radio codes.
d. Technical language.
3. Command is:
a. Directing, ordering, or controlling by virtue of explicit statutory, regulatory, or delegated
authority.
b. Based on the number of individuals or resources that one supervisor can manage
effectively during an incident.
c. The ability to control information exchange within and across organizations involved in
an incident.
d. Assumed by the individual who is the highest ranking person on the scene regardless of
experience or training level.

4. Span of control refers to:
a. The act of directing, ordering, or controlling by virtue of explicit statutory, regulatory, or
delegated authority.
b. An orderly line of authority that exists within the ranks of the incident management
organization.
c. The process of moving the responsibility for incident command from one Incident
Commander to another.
d. The number of individuals or resources that one supervisor can manage effectively
during an incident.
5. Interoperability means:
a. Surrounding jurisdictions all purchase the same type of communications hardware and
software.
b. Communication equipment, procedures, and systems can operate together during a
response.
c. Personnel from different jurisdictions can all perform the same tasks using the same
protocols.
d. A single plan is used to direct the tactical assignments with the Operations Section.
6. Which incident facility is the location where personnel and equipment are kept while
waiting for tactical assignments?
a. Base
b. Camp
c. Incident Command Post
d. Staging Area

7. Check-in, initial briefing, recordkeeping, and demobilization procedures are all necessary to
ensure:
a. Accountability.
b. Flexibility.
c. Sustainability.
d. Redundancy.
8. After being deployed and arriving on scene at an incident, the first task for response
personnel is to:
a. Check in and receive an assignment.
b. Locate and assist response personnel.
c. Search for potential incident survivors.
d. Record and report resource allocation.
9. Before leaving an incident assignment, you should do all of the following EXCEPT FOR:
a. Complete all tasks and required forms/reports.
b. Brief replacements, subordinates, and supervisor.
c. Self-dispatch to another incident.
d. Return any incident-issued equipment or other nonexpendable supplies.
10. Which ICS function records time accounting and procures needed items?
a. Incident Command
b. Planning
c. Operations
d. Finance/Administration

11. Who has overall responsibility for managing the on-scene incident?
a. Agency Executive
b. Emergency Operations Center Manager
c. Incident Commander
d. Operations Section Chief
12. In ICS, the members of the Command Staff assume the title of:
a. Director.
b. Leader.
c. Officer.
d. Executive.
13. If the Incident Commander designates personnel to provide public information, safety,
and liaison services, the personnel are collectively referred to as the:
a. Incident Staff.
b. Director Staff.
c. Executive Staff.
d. Command Staff.
14. At the incident scene, who handles media inquires?
a. Media Relations Specialist
b. Communications Officer
c. External Affairs Specialist
d. Public Information Officer

15. You are implementing tactical activities to achieve the incident objectives. What is the
correct title of the ICS organizational element to which you are assigned?
a. Operations Section
b. Planning Section
c. Tactics Section
d. Planning Division
16. TRUE OR FALSE: Someone who serves as a Director every day might not hold that title
when deployed under an ICS structure.
a. True
b. False
17. The major activities of the Planning Section include:
a. Setting up and maintaining incident facilities.
b. Preparing and documenting Incident Action Plans.
c. Providing technology to ensure efficient incident communications.
d. Compensating for injury or damage to property.
18. Which Section Chief is responsible for ensuring that assigned incident personnel are fed and
have communications, medical support, and transportation as needed to meet the
operational objectives?
a. Finance/Administration Section Chief
b. Logistics Section Chief
c. Operations Section Chief
d. Planning Section Chief
Category: Homework
Expert:  Bizhelp replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Bizhelp, CPA
Experience: Bachelors Degree and CPA with Accounting work experience