Ellen, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer, Accountant and Researcher
9968427

1. Alex axes Betty to death believing she is a tree trunk that

1. Alex axes Betty to death believing she is a tree trunk that he is splitting for firewood. A. Alex has committed the crime of murder. C. In most states, Alex would be found not guilty by reason of insanity. D. Alex would probably not meet the definition of insanity under the ALI Model Penal Code. E. Alex will be executed. 2. Big Bucks, Inc. has been convicted of bribing public officials. It is now about to be sentenced for the crime. Possible sentences include A. putting the president of the corporation in jail. C. fining the corporation. D. A corporation cannot commit a crime. E. all of the above. 7. at common law, John, a five-year old child who had burned a neightbor's home to the ground, A. would be absolutely liable. B. would be presumed incompetent. However, state could rebut. C. would be presumed competent. However, a child could rebut. D. would have a conclusive presumption in his favor of not having been responsible. 8. Jim and Jack are college students. To pay their way through college they started selling cocaine. They made six sales over a one-year period. Jim and Jack purchased a pizza parlor with the extra money their drug trading activities generated. Jim and Jack A. have engaged in a pattern of racketeering activity in violation of the RICO Act. B. cannot lose their pizza parlor even if it was acquired with funds generated by a pattern of racketeering activity. C. are not guilty of violating the RICO Act because they were engaged in trafficking narcotics, which is an illegitimate activity. D. have not engaged in a pattern of racketeering activity because they made only six sales. 9. In a criminal case if there has been a violation of the Fourth Amendment, A. the defendant's statements cannot be admitted as evidence. C. the defendant is entitled to another trial. D. the contraband seized will be returned to the defendant. E. the defendant will get a medal.

Thank you for your questions

My name is FiveStarLaw. Although I am a lawyer, my answers are information only and do not form an attorney/client relationship.

I am working on your answers. One moment please.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

appreciate it

Here are my answers for comparison with your own:

1 C. In most states, Alex would be found not guilty by reason of insanity.
2 C. fining the corporation
7. D. would have a conclusive presumption in his favor of not having been responsible
8. A. have engaged in a pattern of racketeering activity in violation of the RICO Act.
9. A. the defendant's statements cannot be admitted as evidence.

If you have any further questions, I am happy to assist you. You can start your new question with "for FiveStarLaw" and send it to the appropriate legal, tax or homework category so that the question is directed to me and I can give your question my immediate attention

Thank you very much,
FiveStarLaw
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I'll reply to you in 5 minutes thank you

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.