FiveStarLaw
FiveStarLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer, Accountant and Researcher

1. As of the year 2009, how many people around the globe lived

1. As of the year 2009, how many people around the globe lived outside their country of birth?
A. 100 million
B. 50 million
C. 700 million
D. 200 million
2. Serbian nationalists adopted which of the following terms to rationalize their actions during the war in
Bosnia-Herzegovina?
A. Depopulation
B. Holocaust
C. Ethnic cleansing
D. Ethnic diversity
3. Which of the following is the only global city in the region of Russia and its neighboring countries?
A. St. Petersburg
B. Moscow
C. Kiev
D. Tashkent
4. Which of the following is the dominant country of the Central Asian subregion?
A. Uzbekistan
B. Turkmenistan
C. Kyrgyzstan
D. Tajikistan
5. The EU modified its Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) in an effort to reduce expensive and unwanted
surpluses. This is an example of
A. intensification.
B. concentration.
C. extensification.
D. specialization.
6. Which of the following countries has the highest number of Fortune 500 companies?
A. Germany
B. United States
C. France
D. Japan
7. In the Northern Europe subregion, which country, famous for its mobile phones, was ruled under the
Swedish monarchy until 1809?
A. Norway
B. Finland
C. Estonia
D. Denmark
8. Which of the following best facilitates the building of ports?
A. Estuaries
B. Fjords
C. Wetlands
D. Bays
9. In general, the most materially advanced and developed countries are focused on extensive development
of the _______ sector of their economy.
A. tertiary
B. quaternary
C. primary
D. secondary
10. The nation-state concept originated in which of the following countries?
A. Japan
B. France
C. England
D. United States
11. Which of the following was true of life in the USSR?
A. Women were a small minority among industrial and construction workers.
B. Although women were allowed to fly fighter planes during World War II, they were banned from ground combat.
C. Most physicians were women.
D. Women achieved equality at home, and husbands were expected to share domestic duties.
12. Atmosphere-ocean environments related to climate are produced by interactions of which of the
following?
A. The atmosphere and hydrosphere
B. Tectonic plate interactions with the lithosphere and hydrosphere
C. The atmosphere, meteorology, and volcanic sub zero temperatures.
D. The lithosphere and hydrosphere
13. Which of the follow is a Slavic language?
A. Polish
B. Romanian
C. Gaelic
D. Flemish
14. Economic growth that assures basic resources for future generations is associated with _______ human
development.
A. sustainable
B. modern
C. "growth pole"
D. ecological
15. In Russia, which of the following occurred after the global financial crisis in 1998?
A. Russia became a major exporter of grain after 2001.
B. Russian farmers abandoned their farms in large numbers.
C. The Russian ruble declined in value against the dollar by about 12 percent.
D. Large areas of farmland were bought back from foreign investors.
16. In 2005, which two European groups rejected an EU treaty that would have provided for an EU
constitution?
A. The Danes and the Irish
B. The French and the Irish
C. The French and the Dutch
D. The Germans and the Dutch
17. With respect to industrial practices, the most polluted region of Russia is located around
A. Moscow.
B. Volgorad.
C. Norlisk.
D. Lake Baikal.
18. Upon the fall of Constantinople to the Ottoman Empire in 1453, _______ was seen as the true inheritor
of the Christian realm.
A. Catherine the Great
B. Mikhail Romanov
C. Peter the Great
D. Ivan III (The Great)
19. Which of the following rivers is the world's busiest waterway?
A. Rhone
B. Seine
C. Danube
D. Rhine
20. After Stalin died in 1953, the number of people sent to the gulag
A. remained about the same.
B. decreased slightly.
C. actually increased.
D. decreased dramatically.
Category: Homework
Expert:  FiveStarLaw replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question

I am working on your answer. One moment please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok thank you

About 15 min. longer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sounds great

Here are my answers for comparison with your own:

D. 200 million

Bosnia-Herzegovina?

C. Ethnic cleansing

B. Moscow

B. Turkmenistan

surpluses. This is an example of

C. extensification.

B. United States

Swedish monarchy until 1809?

B. Finland

D. Bays

of the _______ sector of their economy.

D. secondary

B. France

C. Most physicians were women.

following?
A. The atmosphere and hydrosphere

A. Polish

development.
A. sustainable

constitution?

D. The Germans and the Dutch

C. Norlisk.

of the Christian realm.

D. Ivan III (The Great)

D. Rhine

D. decreased dramatically.

If you have any further questions, I am happy to assist you. You can start your new question with "for FiveStarLaw" and send it to the appropriate legal, tax or homework category so that the question is directed to me and I can give your question my immediate attention

If you would take a moment to click the rating tab to rate my work, I would appreciate it. My goal is EXCELLENT and I hope your rating reflects that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

missed 3. thanks though! could you answer my other question?

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
FiveStarLaw, Lawyer
Experience: Lawyer, Accountant and Researcher
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i could after they are answered.

of course – I shall do it now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

awesome thank you much