Kathy
Kathy, Teacher
Experience:  Elementary teacher for 16 years Bilingual Spanish English and with a Psychology Masters

1.Which of the following did reformers first try to end in

1.Which of the following did reformers first try to end in the slave industry?
A.the trade in slaves itself
B.liberation and compensation
C.slavery in Caribbean agriculture
D.the culture of slavery in North America

2. The San hunters of southern Africa weren't overwhelmed during the nineteenth century because they
A.were moved to reservation where they could be protected
B.were protected by a treaty
C.live in a harsh environment
D.manage to effectively fight off Western colonist

3.Comte de Gobineau, a french anthropologist, argue that human beings
A.could be classified by race, with the whites at the top and blacks at the bottom
B.could be classified by race, with the french at the top and Asians at the bottom
C.could be classified by the race, but non-European culture could evolve to a higher state of being.
D.were all the same, regardless of race

4.Even greater than their use for human food, fish are a vital source of
A.industrial lubricants
B.lotions and creams
C.fertilizer
D.lamp oil

5.The main goal of the Habsburg Empire in World War 1 was
A.expanding its territories
B.preserving its overseas colonies
C.forcing the British to allow it more freedom of the seas
D.containing its national minorities

6.The greatest extension of the frontier of food production in the 1800s occurred in what areas?
A.the rice paddies of China, Japan, and Vietnam
B.the sub-Saharan areas of Africa
C.the open lands of South America, and Australia
D.the steppes in Asia

7.With regards XXXXX XXXXX mining and agriculture industry, in the nineteenth century, which of the following statements is False?
A.reliance on export crops provided peasants a more reliable source of income
B.specialization became more common
C.private investments grew
D.large companies tried to be paternalistic to keep workers from rebelling

8.Constitutionalism is best defined as
A.the creation of a specific document or Constitution
B.a document that outlines democratic principle
C.a doctrine that the state is founded on rules establish by citizens and rulers to which all are bound
D.a set of beliefs that guaranteed equal rights to all the citizen of a state

9.Which of the following was only Africans state that increase in size and power in the 1800s?
A.Ethiopia
B.Zimbabwe
C.south Africa
D.Sumatra

10.By 1890, United States factories produced____________ as those of Britain.
A.three-quarters as much
B.twice as much
C.one-quarter as much
D.half as much

11.During the nineteenth century, which of the following countries experienced a decrease in industrial production?
A.Britain
B.India
C.China
D.Japan

12.Which is the following was a Chinese school of thought during the fourth century B.C.E. that denounced ethics in flavor of obedience?
A.Confucianism
B.Buddhism
C.Daoism
D.Legalism

13.Which emperor declared Christianity to be the official religion of the Roman empire?
A.Charlemagne
B.Constantine
C.Eusebius
D.Theodosius

14.The economic success of the Mughals in India was dependent upon
A.success of exporters
B.economic success of subjects under their rule
C.Low levels of taxation
D.the success of external markets

15.Ignatius Loyola was a
A.soldier who founded the Jesuits
B.wandering ascetic who founded the Franciscans
C.disillusioned monk who founded the Dominican Order
D.priest who became the leader of the Inquisition in Spain

16.Which of the following were the most important staple products introduced from the New World into Eurasia?
A.Maize,potatoes,and sweet potatoes
B.Tobacco,potatoes, and quinine
C.Maize,banana, and rice
D.wheat,potatoes, and tobacco

17.The Dutch and the French succeeded in overtaking Arabia in the production of
A.cloves
B.coffee
C.pepper
D.silk

18.At the end of the eighteenth century,_________________had the largest economy in the world.
A.China
B.Britain
C.Spain
D.India

19.Peter the Great's decision to move the capital of Russia to St.Petersburg reflects the shift of power in Europe to the
A.east
B.west
C.south
D.north

20.What was the key discovery during the early sixteenth century that made regular trade possible across the Atlantic Ocean?
A.Monsoonal winds
B.Longitude
C.the gulf Stream
D.Square sails

21.What was the main motivating factor for European maritime expansion in the sixteenth and early seventeenth and early centuries?
A.to conquer other empires or nation and take away local control
B.to spread Christians values
C.to seek out new lands for increasing populations
D.to increase economic opportunity

22. Which of the following Europeans land empire expanded its territory most aggressively in the sixteenth centuries
A.Russia
B.Ottoman
C.Mughal India
D.China

23.What Old World product became widely popular in Eurasia only once it was cultivated in the New world?
A.potatoes
B.sugar
C.Cacao
D.Tobacco

Please help me.these are some of the questions from the from World history from Penn Foster.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Kathy replied 1 year ago.
I am working on your questions I will post your answers promptly. Thanks
Expert:  Kathy replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Kathy, Teacher
Experience: Elementary teacher for 16 years Bilingual Spanish English and with a Psychology Masters