Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)

Assignment 6 Graded Quiz Part A:

Assignment 6 Graded Quiz Part A: Complete the following multiple-choice questions. 1. Which of the following is an example of a HCPCS Level I code? A. 81.52 C. 96410 B. 011.60 D. Q0084 2. Hospital inpatient procedures and interventions are reported using A. Volume 3 of ICD-9-CM. B. Volume 3 of ICD-9-CM and HCPCS Level I. C. HCPCS Level I. D. HCPCS Level II. 3. For outpatient procedures, the CMS requires reporting codes using A. Volume 3 of ICD-9-CM. B. Volume 3 of ICD-9-CM and HCPCS Level I. C. HCPCS Level I. D. . The UHDDS definition for principal diagnosis applies to A. inpatients. C. inpatients and outpatients. B. outpatients. D. all coded information. 5. Which rule is correct when an outpatient is seen for chemotherapy? A. List first the diagnosis, followed by the chemotherapy V code. B. List first the chemotherapy V code, followed by the diagnoses. C. List only the V code for chemotherapy. D. List only the code for the diagnosis. 6. Review the following ICD-9-CM coding instruction excerpt: Cardiotomy and pericardiotomy— Code also cardiopulmonary bypass [extracorporeal circulation][heart-lung machine] (39.61) According to this excerpt, how many ICD-9-CM procedure codes should be assigned? A. 0 C. 2 B. 1 D. Need more information 7. For an outpatient with gallstones who had a laparoscopic cholecystectomy performed, how many codes are required for reporting? A. 1 C. 3 B. 2 D. 4 8. What happens when an inpatient procedure is canceled after a patient has been admitted? A. Code V64.X as the secondary diagnosis with no procedure code assigned B. Code V64.X as the principal diagnosis with no procedure code assigned C. Code V64.X as secondary diagnosis with the procedure coded as completed D. Code V64.X as principal diagnosis with the procedure coded as completed 9. If you were looking for corneal reconstruction in the CPT Index, what term gets you to the right code? A. Cornea C. Revision B. Eye D. Reconstruction 10. CPT Category III codes A. identify emerging technology, services, and procedures for which there are no codes yet. B. are those local codes that have been phased out. C. list frequently unused procedures. D. require AMA approval for use and assignment.

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.