4) Only about half of all American voters identify with the political party of their parents. One explanation for this is that c. Parties do little or nothing to reinforce children’s inherited party identification12) Western Europe’s experience with democratic socialism demonstrates thatc. Socialism can be practiced along with personal freedoms and democratic participation13) The notion of pay equity – equal pay for jobs of equal value – is an example of b. Social equity 14) A restraint b. Is the right of local governments to make their own rules without state interference18) President George W. Bush issues an order to mobilize state National Guard units to action in the war in Iraq. This power is not written down specifically in the constitution’s language detailing commander-in0chief responsibilities. What type of powers is Bush exercising?e. Implied34) When the Florida Supreme Court ordered a recount of popular votes cast in certain counties and the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that no recount of Florida votes would take place, which of the following concepts was affected?a. Home rule37) A government policy that promotes social equality without redistributing income is d. Defense spending45) The Constitution requires which of the following to “take care that the laws be faithfully executed” under what type of power?a. The supreme court; implied54) Donald Rumsfeld’s quote “Freedom is Unitidy” illustrates the concept ofb. Freedom from59) New Federalism is a modern form ofa. Cooperative federalism60) What constitutional crisis emerged from Shays’ Rebellion?a. The conflict between farming and manufacturing interests could no longer be controlled65) Questions about how students should dress or the conditions under which people should have sexual relations raise conflicts between the values ofd. Pluralistic and majoritarian democracy67) In the current American context, a communitarian would tend to promotee. Liberty and quality over fairness69) The ancient Greek philosophers were skeptical about democracy becausec. Democratic processes were slow and unwieldy72) A public opinion polling company surveying public attitudes on the issue of the U.S. going to war to prevent terrorism expects the public will be almost evenly divided. Such a distribution would be characterized asb. Skewed
Please be advised these are attempts and not guaranteed. Please let me know if you have more questions.
I missed the below numbered questions. I have provided the correct answers.
13) Correct answer: equality of outcome
34) Correct answer: sovereignty
54) Correct answer: freedom of
60) Correct answer: Congress under the Articles of Confederation lacked power to confront significant national emergencies
65) Correct answer: freedom and order
72) Correct answer: bimodal
Hello helping hands,
I am sorry that you didn't get all the answers correct. It looks like only three of my answers were incorrect, but you may have already submitted your answers before I posted mine. If you would want to submit a question to my attention, you may do so by beginning your post with "for Chris M.." The text you are using is The Challenge of Democracy, Essentials: American Government in Global Politics, correct?
That is correct. eighth edition. when i posted these questions I clicked on the ask this expert a question from my previous questions. Does that not go directly to you?
It does, but only provides a 15 minute personal lock. If I am offline or away from the computer the question is available for all homework experts after this time. If you begin your post with the name of a specific expert, your question will normally remain open for that expert.
just sorry I can't afford more. thanks
The amount is fine. No problem at all.