Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
22285537

4) Only about half of all American voters identify with the

Customer Question

4) Only about half of all American voters identify with the political party of their parents. One explanation for this is that

a. Parents rarely attempt to transmit party affiliations to their children
b. The ideologies of the political parties have changed greatly over time
c. Parties do little or nothing to reinforce children’s inherited party identification
d. The family is not important to political socialization
e. Adolescents reject their parent’s opinions

12) Western Europe’s experience with democratic socialism demonstrates that

a. Government control of the economy is incompatible with freedom and participation
b. Socialism and freedom can be combined in theory but not in practice
c. Socialism can be practiced along with personal freedoms and democratic participation
d. Socialism can exist only where it is imposed by military force
e. Equality of opportunity cannot be realized

13) The notion of pay equity – equal pay for jobs of equal value – is an example of

a. Affirmative action
b. Social equity
c. Equality of outcome
d. Equality of opportunity
e. Due process

14) A restraint

a. Is the power of congress to enact laws that give the national government responsibility for functions that were previously state of local responsibilities
b. Is the right of local governments to make their own rules without state interference
c. Is crime control emphasizing prevention rather than punishment
d. Forbids state governments from exercising a certain power
e. Temporarily allows federal control of a state program

18) President George W. Bush issues an order to mobilize state National Guard units to action in the war in Iraq. This power is not written down specifically in the constitution’s language detailing commander-in0chief responsibilities. What type of powers is Bush exercising?

a. Judicial
b. Negotiated
c. Distributed
d. Enumerated
e. Implied

34) When the Florida Supreme Court ordered a recount of popular votes cast in certain counties and the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that no recount of Florida votes would take place, which of the following concepts was affected?

a. Home rule
b. Pluralism
c. Democracy
d. Redistricting
e. Sovereignty

37) A government policy that promotes social equality without redistributing income is

a. Vermont’s civil unions
b. Raising the minimum wage
c. Redefining welfare eligibility cut-off-income
d. Defense spending
e. Financial aid determinations

45) The Constitution requires which of the following to “take care that the laws be faithfully executed” under what type of power?

a. The supreme court; implied
b. The president; enumerated
c. Police officers; express
d. Congress; incorporated
e. The bureaucracy; superseding

54) Donald Rumsfeld’s quote “Freedom is Unitidy” illustrates the concept of

a. Freedom of
b. Freedom from
c. Social equality
d. National identity
e. Communalism

59) New Federalism is a modern form of

a. Cooperative federalism
b. Nationalist federalism
c. Marble-cake federalism
d. Fruitcake federalism
e. Dual federalism

60) What constitutional crisis emerged from Shays’ Rebellion?

a. The conflict between farming and manufacturing interests could no longer be controlled
b. The national government intruded too easily into the states’ affairs
c. Congress under the Articles of Confederation lacked power to confront significant national emergencies
d. The national government under the Articles of Confederation was equipped only to meet naval attacks
e. The colonists already had created a new , more effective structure of government

65) Questions about how students should dress or the conditions under which people should have sexual relations raise conflicts between the values of

a. Freedom and equality
b. Freedom and order
c. Equality and order
d. Pluralistic and majoritarian democracy
e. Liberty and democracy

67) In the current American context, a communitarian would tend to promote

a. Both order and equality over freedom
b. Order over freedom and freedom over equality
c. Freedom over both order and equality
d. Equality over freedom and freedom over order
e. Liberty and quality over fairness

69) The ancient Greek philosophers were skeptical about democracy because

a. They believed the common people were susceptible to being misled and manipulated
b. They were wealthy aristocrats who did not wish to lose their privileges
c. Democratic processes were slow and unwieldy
d. Democracy tended to fragment the community into competing groups
e. They feared majority rule

72) A public opinion polling company surveying public attitudes on the issue of the U.S. going to war to prevent terrorism expects the public will be almost evenly divided. Such a distribution would be characterized as

a. Normal
b. Skewed
c. Reversed
d. Modal
e. Bimodal
Category: Homework
Expert:  HelpfulHomework replied 2 years ago.

b. Social equity

14) A restraint

e. Implied

a. Home rule

d. Defense spending

a. The supreme court; implied

b. Freedom from

59) New Federalism is a modern form of
a. Cooperative federalism

e. Liberty and quality over fairness

b. Skewed

Please be advised these are attempts and not guaranteed. Please let me know if you have more questions.

DM

Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I missed the below numbered questions. I have provided the correct answers.

13) Correct answer: equality of outcome

34) Correct answer: sovereignty

54) Correct answer: freedom of

60) Correct answer: Congress under the Articles of Confederation lacked power to confront significant national emergencies

65) Correct answer: freedom and order

72) Correct answer: bimodal

Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.

Hello helping hands,

I am sorry that you didn't get all the answers correct. It looks like only three of my answers were incorrect, but you may have already submitted your answers before I posted mine. If you would want to submit a question to my attention, you may do so by beginning your post with "for Chris M.." The text you are using is The Challenge of Democracy, Essentials: American Government in Global Politics, correct?

Thanks!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

That is correct. eighth edition. when i posted these questions I clicked on the ask this expert a question from my previous questions. Does that not go directly to you?

Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.

Hello, again.

It does, but only provides a 15 minute personal lock. If I am offline or away from the computer the question is available for all homework experts after this time. If you begin your post with the name of a specific expert, your question will normally remain open for that expert.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Ok thanks!

Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.
You're welcome and thanks for your "accept" and bonus!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

just sorry I can't afford more. thanks

Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.

The amount is fine. No problem at all.

Thanks!