Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP
Not a Homework Question?
How JustAnswer Works:
Ask an Expert
Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
Get a Professional Answer
Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
Ask follow up questions if you need to.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
Rate the answer you receive.
Ask HelpfulHomework Your Own Question
Involved in education in the sciences but hoping to help in any way possible
Type Your Homework Question Here...
HelpfulHomework is online now
Locked - HS - 211
Final Examination Questions – RES 320 Correct Answer
1. Researchers who have strong opinions about the subject of a study are likely to do a better job of conducting the research. T or F
2. Research may be used as a diagnostic tool to provide information about what is happening in the environment. T or F
3. Both basic and applied research are systematic and objective, but only basic research utilizes the scientific method to answer to questions at hand. T or F
4. When a decision must be made about a specific real-life problem, we would conduct ____ research.
5.A Marketing research executive is performing an experiment to determine which of two client ads will draw consumers’ attention better. This is an example of:
A. basic research.
B. general research
C. intuitive research.
D. applied research
6.A home page gets its name because it serves as the “main entrance” to web documents posted by residential users. T or F
7. Information that is not relevant to the decision at hand is called “incomplete.” T or F
8.A hypothesis is a proven proposition that asserts the probable answers to research questions. T or F F
9. Experiments hold the greatest potential for establishing cause-and-effect relationships. T or F T
10. Which of the following statements concerning research design is true?
A. Research design provides a framework that guides data collection.
B. Ideal research design is determined by the research objectives.
C. Research design characteristics are indirectly determined by the information needs of the decision maker.
D. All of the statements are true.
11. If the research question were defined as “will buyers purchase more of a product in a blue colored or silver package?” the most appropriate type of research would be
E. none of the above
12. An ethical researcher would inform respondents of deceptions used in a research project after the project was completed. T or F
13. The right to privacy is absolute and cannot be waived by anyone under any circumstances. T or F
14. According to the textbook, which of the following is least likely to be considered unethical?
A. A telemarketer selling carpeting begins the telephone sales call by saying he or she is conducting a survey about carpeting.
B. A researcher does not tell his or her client that the sampling procedure in the proposal was considered too expensive, so an alternative sampling technique was used.
C. Researchers do not tell respondents to a survey sponsoring the survey; that is they maintain a discreet silence about the sponsor of a survey by avoiding the issue.
D. The researcher who identifies the most likely prospects for a new photocopying machine passes the names of these people to the sales manager. C
15. Which of the following should be considered before a researcher decides to use deception in a study?
A. importance of the study
B. availability of alternative methods
C. physical danger of psychological harm to subjects
D. all of the above
16. When the results of exploratory research are extremely positive, they can take the place of a quantitative research study and save a great deal of money. T or F
17. In exploratory research, the term pilot studies refers to a collective group of diverse techniques that will be conducted on a small scale. T or F
18. In a focus group, the moderator’s job is to prepare a standard set of questions to ask each group member. T or F
19. The purpose of the case study method is to obtain information from as many similar case situations as possible. T or F
20. An experience survey is classified as exploratory research. T or F
21. The ideal focus group size is
A. less than 5 people.
B. 6-10 people.
C. approximately 25 people.
D. more than 100 people.
22. Which of the following is an advantage of a depth interview?
A. high degree of structure
B. valuable insights into motivation
C. need for a skilled interviewer
E. quickly and easily completed.
23. A term for research procedures that test some sort of stimulus as a proxy for a new, revised, or remarketed product or service.
A. experience survey
B. situational analysis
C. thematic apperception test
D. concept test
24. Which of the following is not a reason exploratory research is conducted?
A. prospecting for clients
B. screening alternatives
C. discovering new ideas
D. diagnosing a situation
E. All of the above are reasons exploratory research is conducted.
25. Researchers should be willing to do cross-checks of data from multiple sources to determine the similarity of independent projects. T or F
4 years ago.
Share this conversation
replied 4 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You need to spend $3 to view this post.
to your account and buy credits.
Ask Your Own Homework Question
Share this conversation
Related Homework Questions
I see the answer was posted a year ago on the site. how do
Can you help me with these to questions? If all possible
Astronomy Project HELP PLEASE!!! Deadline is 26 February EST
Are you available for help on this program again??? I am not
Questions1. The process of random sampling guarantees that
I have an assignment on english the last duchess, actually,
I need the following Questions below answered before Ten
I am currently taking an online paralegal certification
Debbie owned and operated a party supply compa ny called
Statistic 1. Review the levels of measurement terms in the
Ask a Tutor
Get a Professional Answer. 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed.
54 Tutors are Online Now
Type Your Homework Question Here...
Terms of Service
Privacy & Security
© 2003-2017 JustAnswer LLC