Mijcar
Mijcar, Teacher
Experience:  Taught 40 years College & HS * MS in Math * Published Writer
66358889

Read Tractate Aboth chapte1-3.Which of these do you find particularly

Read Tractate Aboth chapte1-3.Which of these do you find particularly helpful? Which do you find confusingor troubling?
Category: Homework
Expert:  Mijcar replied 2 years ago.

Mijcar :

Same question as usual. :-)

When do you need this by?

Customer:

tomorrow at 11pm, if I can get it before that I will be glad

Customer:

can I send you the link like yesterday

Mijcar :

I will try my best.

Mijcar :

The link didn't work yesterday. I found my own copy.

Mijcar :

You can try pasting it here like you did yesterday. That was helpful.

Mijcar :

I found a copy and downloaded it. If you still want to paste a copy like yesterday, go ahead. I'd like to see how they compare.

Mijcar :

I need a minimal amount of info about you to help apply this to you like the instructions say. Do you mind if I ask you to confirm three or four items?

Customer:

Read Daniel Chapters 1-6: Which speaks of the Legends of Daniel and His Friends.

1. What can you infer from these stories about Jewish customs and moral and religious teachings at the time these stories were told?

1. What were some of the problems confronted by the Jewish community that are reflected in these stories? How does the book suggest that these problems be dealt with? Who confronts similar problems today?

2) Read 1 Maccabees 1-4 (http://bible.oremus.org). NOTE: The book of 1 Maccabees in the Deuterocanon is a work of history, like Samuel and Kings in the former prophets. As in Samuel and Kings, Gods presence and influence are presumed, but God is not a character in the story. 1 Maccabees carries on the tradition of Hebraic historiography. But coming as it does from the early classical period in Judaism, it also reflects the influence of Hellenistic literature. Through the story of the purification and rededication of the Temple, the bias of the Feast of Hannukah is laid.

Compare the accounts of the exploits of Mattathias and Judas and his brothers to stories about Saul, David, Joshua and the Judges that you have read. How it is like those stories?

What features do you note that differ from the narratives in the Former Prophets that may reflect Hellenistic literary influence? What themes and motifs do you note that may remind you of the Ancestor narratives or the Moses tradition?

3) Read Tractate Aboth: Chapters 1-3 (Click here to read it online). NOTE: The Tractate Aboth of the Mishnah is a collection of favorite aphorisms of the great teachers of Rabbinic Judaism from The Men of the Great Synagogue (or Academy), traditional scholars of Persian and Hellenistic times, down to the time of Rabbi Judah the Prince, the high priest Simon the Just, and the charismatic Hanina ben Dosa.

Which of these sayings do you find particularly appealing or potentially helpful? Which do you find confusing or troubling?

It's okay

Mijcar :

That's exactly the copy I have!

Mijcar :

Here is what I need you to confirm. I don't want to get specific - that would violate our privacy rules.

I guess from your name that you're female. Is that right?

I'm guessing that you're young, say less than 25?

Mijcar :

I also guess that you are what other people would call religious?

Mijcar :

And that you are a helpful person?

Mijcar :

I think that is all I need to apply what I read.

Mijcar :

I will not be available for the next half-hour (it is dinner time), but I will check back later. If any of these questions make you uncomfortable, please don't answer them, but I do need some general sense of who you are to answer the question "which of these do you find particularly helpful."

Mijcar :

And "Which do you find confusing or troubling." There are gender specific topics, such as menstrual cycles, and responsibilities of each gender. I wouldn't want to put in something that obviously couldn't apply to you.

Mijcar :

Hi, I haven't heard from you. Do you want to tell me anything I can use, or should I just go with my guesses?

Customer:

Yes I'm a seven- day adventist, I'm a woman of 42 years -old

Mijcar :

That should be enough. I will see you tomorrow.

Customer:

okay good night

Mijcar :

good night

Mijcar :

Hi, I'm back. Here is the answer:

Mijcar :

Please let me know right away if you can't find or get access to the file. And, also, if there is anything that you feel does not fit who you are. This is supposed to be a personal response.

Mijcar :

Best wishes,

Michael

Mijcar :

I will be checking back here between 4pm and 6pm MST

Customer:

Thanks so much I'm going to check it

Mijcar :

Good. I'm picking up my kid from a friend's. I'll be back soon to see if you have any questions or comments.

Customer:

hello thanks

Customer:

okay

Mijcar :

I'm back.

Mijcar :

Are you there?

Customer:

It's okay! it fit who am I

Mijcar :

I am so glad. I was trying to get a feeling for who you are -- I'm pleased it worked out.

Customer:

sure you know already who am I?

Mijcar :

You mean literally, like your name? Or do you mean psychologically and emotionally, like your feelings?

Customer:

literally like my name

Mijcar :

We only get one name for our clients. More than that, no.

Customer:

I know

Mijcar :

So that would be all I know.

Customer:

absolutely

Mijcar :

This is good that we don't know more than that. It's not fair to you.

Customer:

it's okay

Mijcar :

Do you have any last questions on the essay?

Customer:

No thanks, XXXXX XXXXX an exam at 8 I'm

preparing for that

Mijcar :

Okay, then. You know how to find me if you need me.

Customer:

tell me please

Mijcar :

Begin the question with "for mijcar only", then you'll need to be patient until I show up. :-)

Customer:

okay I will

Customer:

thanks sososo much blessings!

Mijcar :

you're welcome

Mijcar :

You might want to rate my answer before you leave. And will it be okay for me to check back and find out how you did on your test?

Mijcar :

Jalmrdag, hi

Mijcar, Teacher
Experience: Taught 40 years College & HS * MS in Math * Published Writer
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello good morning!

Expert:  Mijcar replied 2 years ago.

Was just going to remind you to let me know how you did on your test.

Best wishes,

Michael

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How are you I did well on the test. Thans to ask me.

Blessings,

Cerenne

Expert:  Mijcar replied 2 years ago.

Congratulations. Thanks for letting me know.

=

Think of us the next time you need more help.

=

Best,

Michael

Expert:  Mijcar replied 2 years ago.

Hi, Cerenne.

=

I accidentally got myself locked out of the other question by changing the category, but if you still want my contribution, you can get it here. Just let me know.

=

Michael

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I dont see anything

Expert:  Mijcar replied 2 years ago.
Still working on it.
Expert:  Mijcar replied 2 years ago.

Here's the first set:

=

Attachment: 2012-09-14_043655_thessolonia_1.docx

=

More on the way.

=

Best wishes,

Michael

Expert:  Mijcar replied 2 years ago.

Here's the second set

=

Attachment: 2012-09-14_052338_corinthians.docx

=

PLEASE NOTE: Question 2 is a personal question related to music you know. You will have to answer that on your own. I am not familiar with contemporary music and know nothing that reflects Paul's comments on love.

=

I will finish this in the morning after getting my kids of to school. I also might have time to help you with the essay a bit if you need it. Look for me tomorrow.

Mijcar, Teacher
Expert:  Mijcar replied 2 years ago.

Okay, finishing up. One more essay after this one.

=

Attachment: 2012-09-14_155100_romans.docx

=

Please let me know if you have any questions about this or want to re-direct what I am saying. I know that you can re-write as you feel necessary and make corrections for yourself; but I would still like your opinion. Remember, that helps me to understand you and to get your opinions woven into this.

=

My best to you,

Michael

Expert:  Mijcar replied 2 years ago.

I will post the rest of the answers on the other question thread you just openned.

=

Michael

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks so much Michael. May God bless you! I try to rate you it said I did it already. Thanks so much! I'm waiting for the essay

Expert:  Mijcar replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Mijcar, Teacher
Expert:  Mijcar replied 2 years ago.
And you can go to the other question for the rest of the answers.
=
Here is a link:
http://www.justanswer.com/homework/74wzm-mijcar-please-send-answers.html
=
Thanks again,
Michael
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I can't go through the link. Thanks for everything

Expert:  Mijcar replied 2 years ago.

I see you got there. I will close to question to keep it from being confusing.

=

Michael

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What do you mean?

Expert:  Mijcar replied 2 years ago.

Don't worry about it. It just means I won't be using this "thread" to answer any more questions. All the rest of my answers will be on the thread we're now using for communication.

=

Michael