Lisa L. Kawecki
Lisa L. Kawecki, Certified Teacher
Experience:  BA in Eng. & Edu.; 15 yrs. Teaching Exper.
20507158

Create a Definition Chart that defines learning disabilities

Create a Definition Chart that defines learning disabilities and communication disorders, identifying characteristics and causes, and describing, with examples, effective teaching strategies and placement options. I have never copied anything in my life. I just need an example to follow to create my own. I am really struggling on how to effectively grasp the understanding of this assignment. There is a second part to this as follows: "The second part of the assignment is to write an essay between 1,000-1,250 words, in which you examine, through two of the following activities, the impact of learning disabilities and or communication disorders on student achievement.
a) Visit your local school district and discover how policies, procedures, and programs are implemented for the education of students with learning disabilities and/or communication disorders.
b) Explain learning disability to concerned parents.
c) At a local school, investigate how those policies, procedures, and programs are implemented with individual students with disabilities. Attend an IEP meeting of a student with learning disabilities and/or communication disorders. Visit, observe, and participate in both inclusionary and special education settings serving students with special needs. Interview related service providers and educators who work with students with special needs to ascertain effective practices with students with special needs.
d) Interview a speech-language therapist. Ask what you could do to enhance the therapist's work with a student in your classroom.
e) Interview parents of a child with learning disabilities and/or communication disorders to find out what they would like teachers to do to help their child in school."

Any examples of past charts and or papers concerning this information would get me started on the right path to doing my own work. Thanks! Jay
Category: Homework
Expert:  Lisa L. Kawecki replied 2 years ago.
Good afternoon,
I would be happy to provide you with the information that you require. In addition to being an expert on the site, I am also a full time professor.

Please let me know how I can bet assist you. Since these are two separate assignments, what would you prefer? I could provide you with the information regarding the different types of learning disabilities and communication disorders, along with their characteristics and causes and effective teaching strategies so that you would have all pertinent information broken down for you.

Please let me know how to best assist you and when you need this.

Thank you kindly,
Lisa
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

"I could provide you with the information regarding the different types of learning disabilities and communication disorders, along with their characteristics and causes and effective teaching strategies so that you would have all pertinent information broken down for you."

This would be excellent to start. I think I can handle the second part of the assignment as I have done some interviews locally. I can wing it if I need to. Looking for more examples than anything. Do you have any examples of what a chart like this would should or could look like? Maybe some type of graphic organizer? I am struggling with what I should use for the chart purposes.

I am happy that I will be able to do this for you. Along with all the information that I will provide for you I will include info. and tips regarding charts.

I will have this posted for you tomorrow afternoon.Smile

I just wanted to let you know that I am currently writing and posting your information and you will have it shortly
LisaSmile
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you. I can't wait to see it. I have completed the second part of the assignment and can't wait to start on this. Laughing

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Lisa L. Kawecki, Certified Teacher
Experience: BA in Eng. & Edu.; 15 yrs. Teaching Exper.