Lisa L. Kawecki
Lisa L. Kawecki, Certified Teacher
Experience:  BA in Eng. & Edu.; 15 yrs. Teaching Exper.
20507158

develop an original 30–40 minute lesson plan

Customer Question

develop an original 30–40 minute lesson plan during which you teach a game-related skill to beginning students (e.g., dribbling a basketball or soccer ball).
Category: Homework
Expert:  Lisa L. Kawecki replied 2 years ago.
Good morning,
I would be happy to provide you with the information that you require. In addition to being an expert on the site, I am also a full time professor.
Please let me know if you have a specific format for your lesson plan, or if you want me to use the standard component,( objective;resources;assessment; etc)
Once I hear back from you I will be happy to do this for you
Thank you kindly
Lisa
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

here is the format we are to follow

http://www.mediafire.com/?y05g78dhd1mcthv

Thank you

Thank you for the information, I have downloaded it to my computer.

I can have this posted for you tomorrow afternoon,(Sunday). Please let me know if that is acceptable.

In addition, to verify, I will be providing you with a lesson plan for fourth grade level, for a game-related skill. Is this correct?

Thanks
Lisa
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

that is perfect and yes thank you

Great! Glad I can do this for you.
I will have it posted for you tomorrow afternoon
LisaSmile
hello,
Just wanted you to know that I am in the process of writing and posting your information and you will have it shortly
LisaSmile
Good afternoon,

Thank you for allowing me to assist you today. The following is the lesson plan that you requested:

LESSON PLAN

Name:
WGU Task Objective Number:

GENERAL INFORMATION

Subject
: Science / Physical Education

Topic or Unit of Study: Introduction to dribbling techniques in the sport of basketball

Grade / Level: 4

Instructional Setting: The group size will consist of the entire class working independently. The activities for this learning objective will take place in either the classroom or preferably, the gym, if available.

STANDARDS AND OBJECTIVES

State Core Curriculum / Student Achievement Standard(s):
* Demonstrate competency in motor skills and movement patterns needed to perform a variety of physical activities
*Participate in physical activity
*Demonstrates understanding of movement concepts, principles as they apply to the learning and performance of physical activities

Lesson Objectives:
The objective of this lesson is to introduce students to the fundamentals of dribbling in the sport of basketball.

The students will watch a short video clip of the fundamentals of dribbling in the sport of basketball

The students will name at least four to six reasons dribbling is used in basketball based on the video clip that they viewed

The students will participate in two five minute drills learning to use fingertips to dribble, not their palms and proper head position with eye focusing skills.

MATERIALS AND RESOURCES

Instructional Materials:
Instructional video on how to dribble basketball
Four basketballs
Cones

RESOURCES:
Videos found on U-tube demonstrating how to dribble a basketball
Videos found on-line on U-tube explaining why dribbling is used and is important

INSTRUCTIONAL PLAN

Sequence of Instructional Procedures / Activities / Events
1.Identification of Students Prerequisite Skills Needed for Lesson:
Students must be able to understand the concepts of motion, gravity, and the connections to previous day's lessons

2. Presentation of New Information or Modeling:
The students will watch a short U-Tube video and then answer the question, "Name four to six reasons that dribbling is used for basketball". Then, the students will learn and practice the basics of dribbling a basketball. Finally, the students will participate in five minutes drills, in groups of two, practicing dribbling under one leg, the front crossover, and front dribbling.

3. Guided Practice:
Teacher directed activity during five minute drill session

4.Independent Student Practice:
Teacher monitoring
Teacher will be checking for understanding by a question and answer period after five minute drill session

5. Culminating or Closing Procedure/Activity/Event:
Review of video and question and answer session after video.
Establish the importance of dribbling and the level of difficulty by question and answer session

PEDAGOGICAL STRATEGY (OR STRATEGIES):
Teacher directed instruction
Small groups work, (partners during the five minute drill session)
Cooperative learning

Differentiated Instruction:
For students who may have mobility issues, they will be given small size basketballs and be able to do the five minute drill activity on their desks or the floor.

STUDENT ASSESSMENT/RUBRIC:
Students will be assessed on the basis on the following techniques:
1. Oral quiz
2. Rubric based on comprehension of concept and participation in drill session

IT WAS A PLEASURE DOING THIS FOR YOU TODAY. PLEASE REMEMBER TO CLICK ONE OF THE TOP THREE ICONS SO THAT I MAY BE PAID.

ALSO, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO REQUEST ME, LISALKAWECKI, FOR ANY FUTURE ASSIGNMENTS AS I AM A FULL TIME PROFESSOR.

HAVE A WONDERFUL SUNDAY
LISA

Kiss

Lisa L. Kawecki, Certified Teacher
Experience: BA in Eng. & Edu.; 15 yrs. Teaching Exper.
I just wanted to let you know that once you accept this answer, if you want me to, I can have this lesson plan locked for your privacy.
LisaSmile
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am so sorry but I have had many personal issues going on and have not had time to handle this. I am checking it over now but it looks pretty good to me. I will let you know if I have any questions but in the mean time I am going to accept the answer. I apologize again for getting back to you so late. I usually check and accept pretty quick because I know you all take your time to do the work and research for us.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes can you please lock this for me. Thank you

Thank you so much for your message and kind words. I hope this are getting better for youKiss

If you need any further assistance with future assignments request me and I will be happy to work with you.

I will send this to be locked right now.

Have a great day

Lisa

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Lisa,

Could you help me answer these. she sent it back and I am working on correcting some of it but stuck one these questions.

• Assess the level of success students experienced in acquiring the game-related skill as a direct result of the instruction.

• Explain the thinking process you went through to complete this evaluation.

1. Explain an alternative approach to teaching a game-related skill to beginning students that could positively affect student performance.

2. Justify your choices of recommendations.

I would be happy to assist you with this information
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you so much

I am currently writing a lengthly paper, so the information will be forthcoming later
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok no problem, I appreciate it and will be happy to give you a bonus :)

I am writing the responses for your instructor right now, You will have it shortlySmile
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you so much for your help. Now they have come back with more. They are just being way too picky. This is not the only one they sent back, I am working on 2 other ones I have done that they sent back for revisions :( plus another one that someone else helped me with,,,ugh Here is what they said if you can help me please. I have not done the bonus yet because I like to wait until after it is all done so I can make sure who ever helps me gets a good one especially if it is one that keeps needing revisions.

Lesson Plan Components

(2) Needs revision

(3) Meets standard

(4) Exemplary

The lesson plan does not present information for each component of the lesson plan format.

The lesson plan presents information for each component of the lesson plan format, but some or all of the information is inappropriate.

Not applicable.

The lesson plan presents appropriate information for each component of the lesson plan format.

Criterion Score: 2.00

Comments on this criterion: All components have been addressed in the plan. Please revise the objective to include what students will be expected to do.

B. Lesson Plan Alignment

(2) Needs revision

(3) Meets standard

(4) Exemplary

The lesson plan’s instructional plan/sequence of instruction and student assessment do not align with the standards and objectives.

The lesson plan presents flawed alignment between the instructional plan/sequence of instruction and student assessment and the standards and objectives.

Not applicable.

The lesson plan presents alignment between the instructional plan/sequence of instruction and student assessment and the standards and objectives.

Criterion Score: 2.00

Comments on this criterion: Revisions are needed to lesson components to align the objective and instructional sequence.

B. Lesson Plan Instructional Plan/Sequence of Instruction

(2) Needs revision

(3) Meets standard

(4) Exemplary

The lesson plan presents an instructional plan/sequence of instruction that does not meet the lesson’s objective(s).

The lesson plan presents a flawed and/or inappropriate instructional plan/sequence of instruction to meet the lesson’s objective(s).

The lesson plan presents a workable instructional plan/sequence of instruction that meets the lesson’s objective(s).

The lesson plan presents a consistent and appropriate instructional plan/sequence of instruction that meets the lesson’s objective(s).

Criterion Score: 2.00

Comments on this criterion: The instructional plan is quite brief. Clear descriptions for each area are not evident. Please revise to include a workable instructional sequence with information appropriate to each section.

Pedagogical Strategy and Experiential Learning

(2) Needs revision

(3) Meets standard

(4) Exemplary

The candidate does not connect a pedagogical strategy used in the lesson to experiential learning.

The candidate provides an illogical connection between a pedagogical strategy used in the lesson and experiential learning.

The candidate provides a logical connection between a pedagogical strategy used in the lesson and experiential learning.

The candidate provides a credible and well-supported connection between a pedagogical strategy used in the lesson and experiential learning.

Criterion Score: 1.00

Comments on this criterion: A discussion of strategies used is provided. The reflection does not appear to connect to experiential learning. Please revise to provide a logical connection between the strategy used in the lesson and experiential learning.

D4a. Level of Student Success

(2) Needs revision

(3) Meets standard

(4) Exemplary

The candidate does not assess the level of success students experienced in acquiring the game-related skill as a direct result of the instruction.

The candidate provides an illogical assessment of the level of success students experienced in acquiring the game-related skill as a direct result of the instruction.

The candidate provides a logical assessment of the level of success students experienced in acquiring the game-related skill as a direct result of the instruction.

The candidate provides a credible and well-supported assessment of the level of success students experienced in acquiring the game-related skill as a direct result of the instruction.

Criterion Score: 2.00

Comments on this criterion: A general discussion of student success is provided. Please revise to specifically address the students' success with the game related skill.

Alternative Approach

(2) Needs revision

(3) Meets standard

(4) Exemplary

The candidate does not explain an alternative approach that could positively affect student performance.

The candidate provides an illogical explanation of an alternative approach that could positively affect student performance.

The candidate provides a logical explanation of an alternative approach that could positively affect student performance.

The candidate provides a credible and well-supported explanation of an alternative approach that could positively affect student performance.

Criterion Score: 2.00

Comments on this criterion: The alternative approach described is having students watch a video on the skill. This would be be an alternative approach as this is what students did in the instructional sequence. Please revise to include a different approach that could be used to positively affect student performance.

Sources

(2) Needs revision

(3) Meets standard

(4) Exemplary

If the candidate uses sources, the candidate does not provide in-text citations and/or references for each source used.

If the candidate uses sources, the candidate provides appropriate in-text citations and/or references with major deviations from APA style.

If the candidate uses sources, the candidate provides appropriate in-text citations and/or references with minor deviations from APA style.

If the candidate uses sources, the candidate provides appropriate in-text citations and/or references with no readily detectable deviations from APA style, OR the candidate does not use sources.

Criterion Score: 1.00

Comments on this criterion: The You Tube videos are used in the lesson however, they are not cited in the Resources section. Please revise to include appropriate citations for the resources used.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

HI I was just wondering if you would be able to help me with revisions. I will be happy to send some more money or bonus.