HelpfulHomework
HelpfulHomework, Teacher
Experience:  Involved in education in the sciences but hoping to help in any way possible
20314402

Genetics

1. A bull was bred to three known carriers of the recessive allele for arthrogryposis multiplex congenital (AMC). Each of the cows produced normal calves. How confident are we now that the bull does not carry the deleterious allele for AMC?

How many matings of this bull would be required with cows that are known carriers to be 95% confident that the bull was not a carrier?

The same bull was bred to three normal cows of unknown genotypes for AMC. Each of the cows producing normal calves. How confident are we that the bull does not carry the deleterious allele for AMC based on these matings?

Hello. I'm happy to assist. When is this due?
DM
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

This is due next Tuesday, Sept 11. I appreciate your help.

My pleasure. I'll get back to you shortly.
DM
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you. I appreciate your detailed answers! I am really trying hard to understand genetics.

It's not easy. I will try to explain all reasoning.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.