Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
22285537

You must type all of the answers to the quiz questions and

You must type all of the answers to the quiz questions and save them in a word-processing
document. Include your name, address, and student number on the top of the first page of
your answers. Use the quiz number 40958800. Be certain to indicate the proper question
number before each of your answers.
Part A: Complete the following multiple-choice questions. Choose the best answer for each
question.
1. The physical presence or existence of a condition that can be observed by the physician is a/an
A. lesion. C. injury.
B. sign. D. symptom.
2. One of the reasons E codes are used is to indicate which of the following?
A. Specific disease processes C. Myocardial infarctions
B. Birth details D. Where an accident occurred
3. Which of the following best describes late effects?
A. Residual effects that remain after the acute phase of an injury or illness
B. Effects that are always coded alone
C. Effects categorized according to the nature and time of the disease, condition, or injury
D. E codes that describe where the injury, illness, or condition occurred
4. When two or more diagnoses equally meet the criteria for principal diagnosis, what action
should the coder take?
A. Code both diagnoses with either of the diagnoses sequenced first.
B. Code both of the diagnoses, sequencing the codes based on which diagnosis the physician
listed first on the discharge sheet.
C. Code only the diagnosis most closely related to the treatment.
D. Code only the diagnosis that’s the most resource-intensive.
5. In an acute care hospital, when is it appropriate to assign a code such as 794.31—nonspecific
abnormal electrocardiogram?
A. When the laboratory or testing report shows that the abnormal finding meets Uniform
Hospital Discharge Data Set (UHDDS) criteria
B. When the physician has documented the abnormal finding in the Progress Notes
C. When the physician hasn’t been able to arrive at a diagnosis, and the condition meets the
guidelines for that particular code
D. It’s never appropriate to assign codes of this type for an acute care setting.
6. Which of the following would not be a valid principal diagnosis?
A. 873.42 C. 496
B. E880.9 D. V25.12
7. Which of the following codes fall under the category of providing codes for reporting factors
influencing health status and health service?
A. V67.4 C. 47.09
B. E884.2 D. A4510
8. Unknown causes of morbidity or mortality should be coded only when
A. the physician documents them on laboratory reports.
B. a more definitive diagnosis isn’t available.
C. reporting acute care hospital codes.
D. they meet UHDDS guidelines.
9. Which of the following scenarios could be classified within code ranges 960–979?
A. Patient has lethargy for unintentionally taking too much of her prescribed sleeping pill.
B. Patient had an allergic reaction to her normal dose of antihistamine.
C. Patient experienced lightheadedness due to the interaction of two drugs prescribed by her
family doctor.
D. Patient is experiencing increased heart rate due to daily dose of Valium that has been
taken as prescribed.
10. A patient was admitted to the hospital with a deep burn to the dermis of the arm. For coding
purposes, you would classify this condition as
A. a first-degree burn.
B. a second-degree burn.
C. a third-degree burn.
D. undeterminable until the physician clarified with more information.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.
HelloCustomer

Here are the answers for comparison with your own.

1. B. sign.
2. D. Where an accident occurred
3. A. Residual effects that remain after the acute phase of an injury or illness
4. A. Code both diagnoses with either of the diagnoses sequenced first.
5. B. When the physician has documented the abnormal finding in the Progress Notes
6. B. E884.2
7. D. A4510
8. B. a more definitive diagnosis isn’t available.
9. A. Patient has lethargy for unintentionally taking too much of her prescribed sleeping pill.
10. D. undeterminable until the physician clarified with more information.

Hope this helps!
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.

The answer to #7 should be A. V67.4. Sorry about that.Embarassed

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

chris I have more question do you have time to answer them???

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hello chris a set of question I pay the same price if willing to answer them.

Assignment 2 Graded Quiz

Books Needed:

Clinical Coding Workout: Practice Exercises for Skill Development

ICD-9-CM coding manual

Directions: Each assignment quiz is divided into two parts. Part A is composed of multiplechoice coding questions, and Part B requires you to code the information from a coding

scenario found in your Clinical Coding Workout: Practice Exercises for Skill Development

book. Complete all required and relevant codes for each given scenario. When you’re comfortable with your answers for both parts, submit this quiz to your instructor for grading

following the instructions at the end of the quiz.

your answers. Use the quiz number 40958900. Be certain to indicate the proper question

number before each of your answers.

Part A: Complete the following multiple-choice questions.

1. Which of the following code categories should be chosen over codes from other chapters for

the same condition?

A. Complications of pregnancy C. Blood disorders

B. Neoplasms D. Metabolic and nutritional diseases

2. Pyuria or bacteria in the urine should be coded to

A. 790.7. C. 599.0.

B. 038.8. D. 112.5.

3. A patient returns to learn the results of an HIV test, which are negative. Which code is listed

as the reason for the encounter?

A. V65.44 C. 042

B. 795.71 D. V08

4. A patient has a condition wherein the body fails to produce insulin. She requires daily insulin

shots for control that seem to stabilize the condition. She isn’t experiencing any significant

health issues. This condition is coded as

A. 250.01. C. 250.02.

B. 250.00. D. 250.03.

5. A patient is experiencing diabetic nephropathy with hypertensive chronic renal disease and

chronic renal failure. How many codes would be assigned for this patient?

A. 1 C. 3

B. 2 D. 4

6. Hypopotassemia is coded as

A. 266.5. C. 276.8.

B. 244.0. D. 251.2.

7. Conditions that have a decrease in hemoglobin levels in the blood can be coded to Chapter

A. 2. C. 4.

B. 3. D. Need more information

8. When should acute blood loss anemia following surgery be coded as a complication of the

surgery?

A. Whenever there’s a large amount of blood loss following a surgery

B. When the physician states that the large amount of blood loss is due to the surgery and

causing the anemia

C. When anemia follows surgery and hemoglobin levels are elevated beyond the normal

range

D. Never. Anemia is never considered a complication; instead, it’s considered a disease

or disorder.

9. Which of the following should be used as a guideline when coding diabetes as uncontrolled

versus controlled?

A. Blood glucose levels outside of the normal range as documented in the patient’s medical

record

B. Physician documentation stating uncontrolled or controlled

C. The need for daily insulin injections

D. Any of the above

10. When coding infectious and parasitic diseases,

A. a second code is assigned to indicate the causative organism.

B. fourth digits or additional codes may indicate the causative organism(s).

C. code categories 041–079 as principal, with a fourth digit indicating the causative

organism.

D. optional E codes are used to indicate the causative organism.

Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Excellent services

Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.
HiCustomer

Are you given the smiley faces to rate the answer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok chris where is the link for me to pay for answer the question on quiz two??????????

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Cool

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Cool excellent services

Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.
Apparently you are not able to "accept" a second answer in this post. Please make a new post that begins with "For Chris M.-Quiz #2" and I will post an "answer" so you can "accept."

Thanks!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Chris I can you pay by paypal ???? but i need you email address??

Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.
Sorry, we can't do it that way (personal information exchange). If you have funds in your account just make a new post.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

pay 60 dollars if I am satisfied lower the and i will post 42 dollar like promise.

Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.
Are you having trouble posting a question with the same value ($42) as the original question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No i already for the question quiz two which you already. we are done for now.

Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you very much. Glad to assist you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Chris same deal ?42 dollars

Assignment 3 Graded Quiz

1. Conditions such as myocardial infarction and angina pectoris are included in which code

category range?

A. 410–414 C. 400–410

B. 434–497 D. 417–427

2. A myocardial infarction that occurred three weeks ago should be coded to category

A. 413. C. 411.

B. 412. D. 410.

3. Don’t assign code 412 as a secondary code when

A. current ischemic heart disease is present.

B. the physician documents “healed MI.”

C. a previous heart attack is indicated by an electrocardiogram (EKG) and physician

documentation.

D. a past MI is causing no problems for the current admission.

4. Which of the following is the appropriate coding and sequencing (if applicable) for a diagnosis

of dementia without behavioral disturbance due to Alzheimer’s disease?

A. 294.1 C. 294.1, 331.0

B. 331.0, 294.10 D. 331.0

5. One of the patient’s diagnoses is listed as alcoholism in remission. Which of the following

codes should be reported for this condition?

A. 303.03 C. 303.93

B. 305.0 D. V11.3

6. A right-handed patient has right-sided hemiplegia from a current, unspecified CVA that clears

before patient discharge. Which of the following could be the correct code assignment(s) and

sequencing (if applicable)?

A. 436 C. 438.21

B. 436, 342.91 D. 438.21, 342.91

7. Bacterial meningitis due to pneumococcus infection should be categorized to

A. one code.

B. two codes.

C. three codes.

D. no codes until the physician is queried for more information.

8. Code seizures and convulsions to category

A. 345. C. 436.

B. 780. D. Need more information

9. Which of the following are examples of codes that can be assigned to the same patient for the

same encounter?

A. 507.0 and 480.9 C. 496 and 493.2

B. 491.20 and 491.21 D. 506.0 and 506.9

10. When a patient is admitted in respiratory failure due to an acute, nonrespiratory condition,

which of the following actions should the coder take?

A. Code respiratory failure as the principal diagnosis and sequenced first.

B. Code acute, nonrespiratory condition as the principal diagnosis and sequenced first.

C. Code respiratory condition causing the respiratory failure as the principal diagnosis and

sequenced first.

D. Query the physician for appropriate sequencing

Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.

Hello Customer,

Please make a new post for these questions to avoid any difficulties in rating and "accepting" the answer. This is also a site policy--one question per post.

Thanks!