The answer to #7 should be A. V67.4. Sorry about that.
chris I have more question do you have time to answer them???
Hello chris a set of question I pay the same price if willing to answer them.
Assignment 2 Graded Quiz
Clinical Coding Workout: Practice Exercises for Skill Development
ICD-9-CM coding manual
Directions: Each assignment quiz is divided into two parts. Part A is composed of multiplechoice coding questions, and Part B requires you to code the information from a coding
scenario found in your Clinical Coding Workout: Practice Exercises for Skill Development
book. Complete all required and relevant codes for each given scenario. When you’re comfortable with your answers for both parts, submit this quiz to your instructor for grading
following the instructions at the end of the quiz.
You must type all of the answers to the quiz questions and save them in a word-processing
document. Include your name, address, and student number on the top of the first page of
your answers. Use the quiz number 40958900. Be certain to indicate the proper question
number before each of your answers.
Part A: Complete the following multiple-choice questions.
1. Which of the following code categories should be chosen over codes from other chapters for
the same condition?
A. Complications of pregnancy C. Blood disorders
B. Neoplasms D. Metabolic and nutritional diseases
2. Pyuria or bacteria in the urine should be coded to
A. 790.7. C. 599.0.
B. 038.8. D. 112.5.
3. A patient returns to learn the results of an HIV test, which are negative. Which code is listed
as the reason for the encounter?
A. V65.44 C. 042
B. 795.71 D. V08
4. A patient has a condition wherein the body fails to produce insulin. She requires daily insulin
shots for control that seem to stabilize the condition. She isn’t experiencing any significant
health issues. This condition is coded as
A. 250.01. C. 250.02.
B. 250.00. D. 250.03.
5. A patient is experiencing diabetic nephropathy with hypertensive chronic renal disease and
chronic renal failure. How many codes would be assigned for this patient?
A. 1 C. 3
B. 2 D. 4
6. Hypopotassemia is coded as
A. 266.5. C. 276.8.
B. 244.0. D. 251.2.
7. Conditions that have a decrease in hemoglobin levels in the blood can be coded to Chapter
A. 2. C. 4.
B. 3. D. Need more information
8. When should acute blood loss anemia following surgery be coded as a complication of the
A. Whenever there’s a large amount of blood loss following a surgery
B. When the physician states that the large amount of blood loss is due to the surgery and
causing the anemia
C. When anemia follows surgery and hemoglobin levels are elevated beyond the normal
D. Never. Anemia is never considered a complication; instead, it’s considered a disease
9. Which of the following should be used as a guideline when coding diabetes as uncontrolled
A. Blood glucose levels outside of the normal range as documented in the patient’s medical
B. Physician documentation stating uncontrolled or controlled
C. The need for daily insulin injections
D. Any of the above
10. When coding infectious and parasitic diseases,
A. a second code is assigned to indicate the causative organism.
B. fourth digits or additional codes may indicate the causative organism(s).
C. code categories 041–079 as principal, with a fourth digit indicating the causative
D. optional E codes are used to indicate the causative organism.
ok chris where is the link for me to pay for answer the question on quiz two??????????
Chris I can you pay by paypal ???? but i need you email address??
pay 60 dollars if I am satisfied lower the and i will post 42 dollar like promise.
No i already for the question quiz two which you already. we are done for now.
Chris same deal ?42 dollars
Assignment 3 Graded Quiz
1. Conditions such as myocardial infarction and angina pectoris are included in which code
A. 410–414 C. 400–410
B. 434–497 D. 417–427
2. A myocardial infarction that occurred three weeks ago should be coded to category
A. 413. C. 411.
B. 412. D. 410.
3. Don’t assign code 412 as a secondary code when
A. current ischemic heart disease is present.
B. the physician documents “healed MI.”
C. a previous heart attack is indicated by an electrocardiogram (EKG) and physician
D. a past MI is causing no problems for the current admission.
4. Which of the following is the appropriate coding and sequencing (if applicable) for a diagnosis
of dementia without behavioral disturbance due to Alzheimer’s disease?
A. 294.1 C. 294.1, 331.0
B. 331.0, 294.10 D. 331.0
5. One of the patient’s diagnoses is listed as alcoholism in remission. Which of the following
codes should be reported for this condition?
A. 303.03 C. 303.93
B. 305.0 D. V11.3
6. A right-handed patient has right-sided hemiplegia from a current, unspecified CVA that clears
before patient discharge. Which of the following could be the correct code assignment(s) and
sequencing (if applicable)?
A. 436 C. 438.21
B. 436, 342.91 D. 438.21, 342.91
7. Bacterial meningitis due to pneumococcus infection should be categorized to
A. one code.
B. two codes.
C. three codes.
D. no codes until the physician is queried for more information.
8. Code seizures and convulsions to category
A. 345. C. 436.
B. 780. D. Need more information
9. Which of the following are examples of codes that can be assigned to the same patient for the
A. 507.0 and 480.9 C. 496 and 493.2
B. 491.20 and 491.21 D. 506.0 and 506.9
10. When a patient is admitted in respiratory failure due to an acute, nonrespiratory condition,
which of the following actions should the coder take?
A. Code respiratory failure as the principal diagnosis and sequenced first.
B. Code acute, nonrespiratory condition as the principal diagnosis and sequenced first.
C. Code respiratory condition causing the respiratory failure as the principal diagnosis and
D. Query the physician for appropriate sequencing
Please make a new post for these questions to avoid any difficulties in rating and "accepting" the answer. This is also a site policy--one question per post.