Mijcar
Mijcar, Teacher
Experience:  Taught 40 years College & HS * MS in Math * Published Writer
66358889

Some researchers were concerned with what they believed to

Customer Question

Some researchers were concerned with what they believed to be an increasing polarization in the political attitudes of Americans. They wondered if people who are extreme conservatives and people who are extreme liberals might become less extreme if they could spend some time imagining themselves taking the opposite position. They speculated that such role playing might enable people to understand arguments they had previously refused to consider and to empathize with the fears and hopes of people they had previously rejected as ignorant or selfish.

To test this idea the researchers asked 500 adults to complete a questionnaire that measured their political attitudes. From this group, they then selected 60 people who scored very high on conservatism and 60 people who scored very high on liberalism to participate in the role-playing tasks. One of these tasks consisted of asking the conservatives to write a good, logical, and impassioned essay arguing in favor of some liberal policies, and asking the liberals to do the same for some conservative policies. Four weeks later, these 120 participants were given the same questionnaire that they had been given initially. The researchers found that, on average, the conservatives had become more liberal and the liberals had become more conservative. The researchers concluded that role playing causes extreme conservatives and liberals to become more moderate in their positions and more understanding of the other side.
Category: Homework
Expert:  asciandwildlifebio replied 4 years ago.
Hello, I see the post you have made, but do not see a question. Can you please post the question that is relevant to the above post?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

oh i totally forgot!

For each of the studies described below, what conclusions can be reached? Are the researchers’ conclusions valid? Why or why not? What alternative explanations, if any, can there be for the research findings? Is the study high or low in internal validity? If you think there are problems with the study or the conclusions reached, how can the study be improved so that there are no flaws or so that alternative explanations can be ruled out? (Note: Some of these studies may not have any serious methodological flaws or alternative explanations.)

In addition to addressing these issues, evaluate each study in terms of its experimental realism, mundane realism, and ethics.

Expert:  Mijcar replied 4 years ago.

I would be delighted to answer this question.

==

What are the word-count requirements and when is it due?

==

Michael (mijcar)

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
it is due in a few hours and at least 200! thank you so much
Expert:  Mijcar replied 4 years ago.

A few hours?! Gasp!

==

Okay, I'll start on it now.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you so much!
Expert:  Mijcar replied 4 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Mijcar, Teacher
Experience: Taught 40 years College & HS * MS in Math * Published Writer
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
this is great! thank you so much
Expert:  Mijcar replied 4 years ago.

You're welcome. I hope to see you again. To request me in particular, write "for mijcar only" before you write your question.

==

Michael