Ray Atkinson
Ray Atkinson, Graduate Student
Experience:  Inner-city high school substitute teacher. Degrees in mathemetics, accounting, and education. Years and years of tutoring.

Customer Question

Discuss in detail the healthcare applications of chemical reactions.
Which chemical reactions would you consider to be of importance to healthcare professionals?
In which situations are these chemical reactions useful to healthcare professionals?
Category: Homework
Expert:  Ray Atkinson replied 4 years ago.

Ray Atkinson :

Is there a length requirement? If so, I will need to move this to the writing category.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Have you posted a resource? If so I cannot see out how to open the answer.

I did not post anything. I asked you a question about your assignment. Please let me know about any length requirement.
In the future, do not accept an answer until you actually get one. If I have to move this question, I will need to get you to customer service to fix it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am new to this site, and the learning curve is still developing.

I would think that in order to answer the questions adequately there would be at least three paragraphs.

Well, welcome to our service. I hope I can make you happy with your experience here.

I'll work on getting something written up. I'll try to get it done this morning. If not, is there a deadline for this soon?
Let me know if this is the kind of thing you are needing. I am listing this as an info request, since you already accepted the answer.

Chemical reactions are of prime importance to health care professionals. The human body is chemical and electrical in nature. Everything that is not run by the nervous system is run by chemical reactions. Some are beneficial and some are not.
The digestive system is all about chemical reactions. The food is broken down by the interactions of hydrochloric acid while in the stomach and enzymes while in the intestines. If there is too much acid in the stomach, an antacid such as calcium carbonate will react with the excess to neutralize it to a proper level. The B-vitamins work as catalysts with the enzymes to aid in digestion.
Free radicals are molecules that are short on elections, making them highly chemically active. These radicals cause damage to cellular structure and are being researched as a cause of cancer from the reaction between radicals and the structure of DNA. Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) is one of a type of chemical, called an antioxidant, which fights against this damage.
Chemical reactions are even needed for the electrical system. Pure water will not carry an electrical charge. It needs ions, called electrolytes, to allow it to do so. Without the chemical reactions of the water with salt and potassium to form these ions, the nerves would be unable to function and the body would die.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your attempt to answer the question. However, the response is generic at best and of no real use to me. You also made several errors in your responce.