akch2002
akch2002, Engineer
Experience:  Home work expert
46493125

1. Find the current in a circuit if the power is 500 W (watts)

1. Find the current in a circuit if the power is 500 W (watts) and the resistance is 25 ohms. Round off your answer to two decimal places. Use the formula I = √p/r.
A. 0.05 A B. 0.22 A C. 20 A D. 4.47 A
2. The expression b/c = b/c is an example of a(n)
A. identity.
B. square root. C. root.
D. reciprocal.
3. The distance h a body will move in a free fall is expressed by the formula h = 1/2 gt 2. If g = 980 cm per
sec per sec and t = 20 sec, the distance h is A. 49,000 cm.
B. 196,000 cm.
C. 9,800 cm.
D. 368,000 cm.
4. Find the value of x in the following equation:
x/2 + 2x/5 = 18 A. x = 255/7
B. x = 2 C. x = 11/2
D. x = 20
5. Which one of the following formulas correctly expresses this statement: The number x is equal to
another number n plus the square root of 3.
A.x =√n+3

B. x = n + 32
C. x = n + √3 D. x = 3n2
6. Find the area of a triangle with a base of 10 in. and an altitude of 14 in. (The formula for the area of a triangle is A = bh ÷ 2.)
A. 70 sq in. B. 140 sq in. C. 24 sq in. D. 280 sq in.
7. The formula for perimeter is p = 2 l + 2 w. If the perimeter p of a rectangle is 200 mm (millimeters) and the width w = 30 mm, what is l?
A. 140 mm B. 60 mm C. 70 mm D. 100 mm
8. What is the reciprocal of the number 2?
A. √2 B. 2/1 C. 22 D. 1/2
9. If the area of a square is represented by the formula A = s2, and the area A = 64 sq cm (square centimeters), what is the side s of the square?
A. 8 cm B. 16 cm C. 4 cm D. 32 cm
10. If the area A of a triangle is 60 sq m (square meters) and the base b is 20 m (meters), what is the altitude h?
A. 3 m B. 6 m
C. 11/2 m D. 2/3 m
11. Solve the following equation for y. √2y + 3 = 11
A. y = 64

B. y = 16 C. y = 32 D. y = 4
12. Which one of the following formulas correctly expresses this statement: A quantity x is equal to the sum of the squares of a and b?
A.x =2a+2b
B. x = √ab
C. x = √a + b D. x = a2 + b2
13. In the equation c2 – 4 = 0, c is equal to A. ±4.
B. ±2.
C. 16.
D. 8.
14. The formula for finding the volume of a pyramid is v = bh/3. What formula should you use to find the
altitude h? A. h = 3v/b B. h = v/3b C. h = 3b/v D. h = 3bv
15. Which of the following is a correct statement about the root of an equation? A. The root of an equation is the letter that occurs most frequently.
B. The root of an equation is the solution of the equation.
C. The root of an equation is the reciprocal of the unknown quantity.
D. The root of an equation is a term that's been moved to the opposite side.
16. Simply put, an equation shows A. the value of an unknown quantity.
B. a rule for finding an unknown quantity. C. a method for finding the value x.
D. that one thing is equal to another.
17. Solve the following equation for y: 2 + √4y – 3 = 11 A. y = 18
B. y = 3
C. y = 36
D. y = 6

18. Find the value of y in the formula y = 5a – 3b + c, if a = 12, b = 4, and c = 8. A. 80
B. 40
C. 56
D. 64
19. Suppose you're given the formula R = s +2t. If you know that s is three times greater than t, how could
you rewrite the formula? A. R = 3(s + 2t)
B. R = 5s
C. R = 5t
D. R = 3(s + t)
20. The expression a = 3b2 + 2 can be written in words as the quantity a is equal to A. three times the square root of b plus two.
B. two more than three times the quantity b squared.
C. two plus the square root of three × b.
D. three times the quantity two plus b squared.
Category: Homework
Expert:  akch2002 replied 2 years ago.
Kindly indicate dead line for replying these questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sometime today, if thats reasonable?

Thanks

Expert:  akch2002 replied 2 years ago.
I will try to reply today itself.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Sounds good.

Expert:  akch2002 replied 2 years ago.
welcome
Expert:  akch2002 replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
akch2002, Engineer
Experience: Home work expert