asciandwildlifebio, Graduate Student
Experience:  M.S. Bio, B.S. in Animal Science and Wildlife Biology. Comprehensive Spanish Written and Oral Skills

Whether it was volcanic activity that spewed sulfur dioxide

Whether it was volcanic activity that spewed sulfur dioxide and ash into the atmosphere, or a giant meteor that crashed into the Earth blasting dust and debris into the sky, both theories of what caused the dinosaurs to become extinct share one critical similarity -- light from the sun was obliterated. The result of the months' long darkness was the mass extinction of nearly 70% of all creatures on Earth.

Like the dinosaurs, humans cannot live without the sun. Not only does it provide light and warmth, it is also the energy source for arguably the most important chemical reaction on Earth: photosynthesis.

Answer the following assignment questions:

1. Explain how photosynthesis and respiration are linked in order to provide you with energy from the food you eat.

Include in your essay:

•Complete descriptions of photosynthesis and aerobic respiration.
•Describe how these two processes are linked between plants and animals based on the reactants and products (water, carbon dioxide, glucose and oxygen) of both pathways.
•Include a description of how energy is transferred from sunlight to ATP, from ATP to sugars, and from sugars to your cells.
2. In the absence of oxygen some cells and organisms can use glycolysis coupled to fermentation to produce energy from the sugar created by photosynthesis.

•Explain the role of fermentation in allowing an organism to generate energy for its cell(s) in the absence of oxygen.
•Include any reactions required for this process, and explain how the energy from the sun ends up as chemical energy for the anaerobic organism or cell.
3. Cells use enzymes as biological catalysts to increase or accelerate the rate of reactions, such as those in photosynthesis or glycolysis. This allows reactions to occur under conditions that sustain life.

•Explain how an enzyme catalyzes a reaction. Include in your essay the three main steps of the cycle of enzyme-substrate interactions.
•How is enzyme activity regulated by the cell?

Audesirk, T., Audesirk, G., and Byers, B. (2008). Biology – Life on earth with physiology (8th Ed.). San Francisco, CA: Benjamin Cummings.

Your essays should be several paragraphs in length for each question, be thoroughly paraphrased, and include appropriate in-text citations and a reference list in APA format.
Hello longa,
I would like to assist you with this assignment, however I feel the value of the question is under priced. I would be willing to answer each essay as a separate $30 value. This way, I would post the first essay first and you rate it, then the second and rate it, and so on. Please let me know if you are okay with this, and then I will get started on answering your essays promptly. :)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

please proceed

Photosynthesis and aerobic respiration are two processes that provide homeostasis to plants and humans, respectively. Because photosynthesis aids in the production of plant products that we consume for energy, and that energy is used to aid in respiration, both these processes are linked to where we derive our energy.

Photosynthesis is one of the most important biological processes that sustain life. It is the process by which autotrophs construct carbohydrates using the equation 6CO2 +6H2O yields C6H12O6 + 6O2. Photosynthesis consists of 2 different stages, the light dependent reactions and the dark dependent reactions. Light dependent reactions occur in the grana of chloroplasts. The photosynthetic pigments absorb light energy that is then used to split a water molecule. The electrons released for the split water molecule are transferred to NADP+ forming NADPH and ATP. The oxygen left over from the split water molecule is released as a byproduct. NADPH and ATP pass to the next stage for photosynthesis, the dark reactions. The dark reactions (also called the Calvin cycle) occur in the stroma of the chloroplast. During this stage carbon dioxide is fixed into glucose molecules using the NADPH and ATP from the light dependent reactions.

Cellular respiration is the process by which cells use the energy stored in glucose to produce ATP. Cellular respiration has 2 pathways: aerobic respiration and alcoholic fermentation. Aerobic respiration requires oxygen and the later does not. Aerobic respiration produces the most ATP per glucose molecule. Alcoholic fermentation produces less ATP and ethanol as a byproduct. The equations/pathways for the 2 are below:

Aerobic respiration:

Glucose +water yields 6 Carbon dioxide + 6 water +36ATP

Alcoholic fermentation:

Glucose+water yields 2 ethanol + 2 carbon dioxide + 2 ATP

ATP is key to human metabolic function. It allows our body to perform all of its necessary functions and to exert energy as move and carryout our day. Without photosynthesis and cellular respiration, we would not be able to exist.

Mayer, G. 2008. Biological Principles. Cache House. 167p.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

unable to accomodate tip at this time...sorry

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Longa, I have your third answer complete. Please rate the second question, and I will post your 3rd answer :)
Hi Longa,
I hope you found the first answer 'excellent'. Please rate the second question or if something is not to your liking, please let me know. I have also completed your third question which about the same length as the first :)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

assignment is completed -no further action requested,please disregard. all answers are excellent--no further.

thank you.

Okay, I will not post question 3. Please do not forget to rate question/answer 2 :)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

question 2 was already rated excellent

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no f,urther assistance needed,thank you