Bizhelp
Bizhelp, CPA
Experience:  Bachelors Degree and CPA with Accounting work experience
23848519

INFORMATION LITERACY: EXAM ON RESEARCH TECHNIQUES1. Which

INFORMATION LITERACY: EXAM ON RESEARCH TECHNIQUES 1. Which of the following sets of Dewey Decimal call numbers is in the correct order? A. 813.54 C782A, 813.54 C78A, 813.54 C780B, 813.54 C781D B. 813.54 C78A, 813.54 C782A, 813.54 C780B, 813.54 C781D C. 813.54 C781D, 813.54 C78A, 813.54 C782A, 813.54 C780B D. 813.54 C78A, 813.54 C780B, 813.54 C781D, 813.54 C782A To answer this question, access the Penn Foster student library using the link on your personal student home page. Do not ask the librarian for answers to the question. 2. Which of the following sections of EDSeek is most helpful in providing possible keywords related to your topic? A. Help B. Home C. Browse Subjects D. Browse Publications 3. Which of the following is a primary source? A. An encyclopedia article citing events from the 1880s and giving a list of works cited B. Diaries and letters from the 1880s published in a recent book that is a collection of diaries and letters from the 1880s C. A recently published history book that cites diaries and letters from the 1880s D. A newspaper article published in the 1980s that reports on an event in the 1880s Access the Library of Congress library catalog at http://catalog.loc.gov and read the Basic Search Tips. Then, find the information to answer the question. 4. What year was the oldest copy of Ralph Ellison's Going to the Territory published? A. 1952 B. 1987 C. 1986 D. 1995 5. Scholarly journal articles are written: A. For a general audience B. By experts in a subject field C. By lower division college students D. By reporters Using online and print reference sources that have been covered in this study unit, answer the following question. 6. Lady's Slippers belong to what flower family? A. Nightshade (Solanaceae) B. Figwort (Scrophulariaceae) C. Orchid (Orchidaceae) D. Jewelweed (Balsaminaceae) 7. Which of the following sets of Dewey Decimal call numbers is in the correct order? A. 010.1 ABR, 004.15 KWA, 100.01 PRO, 100.1 BLU B. 100.1 BLU, 010.1 ABR, 004.15 KWA, 100.01 PRO C. 004.15 KWA, 010.1 ABR, 100.01 PRO, 100.1 BLU D. 100.01 PRO, 100.1 BLU, 010.1 ABR, 004.15 KWA 8. A strong search strategy for a search engine would include which of the following? A. Using quotation marks, hyphens, and unique words B. Entering one or two related words C. Using several synonymous terms in the search D. Reading all the hits from your first search 9. Which search engine would be best to use when you want to know if your local library carries a particular journal? A. Google Scholar B. All the Web C. Webarchive D. Worldcat 10. Which of the following ways of incorporating an idea from a journal article into your research paper is considered best for expressing that entire idea in your own words? A. Quote B. Copy and paste C. Paraphrase D. Summarize Using online and print reference sources that have been covered in this study unit, answer the following question. 11. Find the total land area of Belarus. A. 10,322,151 sq km B. 80,200 sq km C. 207,600 sq km D. 106,700 sq km 12. A quick way to get the definition of "mensa" when working on the Internet would be to type A. "info:mensa" into the search engine. B. "allintitle:mensa" into the search engine. C. "define:mensa" into the search engine. D. an e-mail to the librarian. 13. Which of the following is the most direct tool to find books owned by a library you are visiting? A. Wikipedia B. Catalog C. Search engines like Google or Yahoo D. Periodical database Using the Internet and the search skills you've learned in this study unit, answer the following question. You may wish to use search engines, meta-search engines, or virtual reference collections discussed in the study unit. 14. Who said, "It isn't necessary to have relatives in Kansas City in order to be unhappy?" A. Will Rogers B. Whoopi Goldberg C. Woody Allen D. Groucho Marx Access the Library of Congress library catalog at http://catalog.loc.gov and read the Basic Search Tips. Then, find the information to answer the question. 15. What is the call number of the oldest copy of Ellison's Shadow and Act? A. PS153.N5 E4 1995 B. PS153.N5 E4 1964 C. PS3555.L625 G6 1964 D. PS3555.L625 E6 1986 Using the Internet and the search skills you've learned in this study unit, answer the following question. You may wish to use search engines, meta-search engines, or virtual reference collections discussed in the study unit. 16. When did the U.S. purchase Alaska and how much did it cost? A. 1867, $7.2 million B. 1967, $7.2 billion C. 1959, $7.2 billion D. 1912, $7.2 million End of exam To answer this question, access the Penn Foster student library using the link on your personal student home page. Do not ask the librarian for answers to the question. 17. Use one of the sources available in the Almanacs and Yearbooks section to identify the approximate time of sunrise in Anchorage, Alaska, on December 25, 2025, 2015. (Hint: Check the source's Astronomy section.) A. 8:10 A.M. B. 10:15 A.M. C. 11:30 A.M. D. 9:45 A.M. To answer this question, access the Penn Foster student library

17.

Use one of the sources available in the Almanacs and Yearbooks section to identify the approximate

time of sunrise in Anchorage, Alaska, on December 25, 2015. (

Hint: Check the source's Astronomy

section.)

A.

8:10 A.M.

B.

10:15 A.M.

C.

11:30 A.M.

D.

9:45 A.M.

To answer this question, access the Penn Foster student library using the link on your personal

student home page.

Do not ask the librarian for answers to the question.

18.

In which section of the library is the link "Evaluating Information on the Web"?

A.

Virtual Reference Room

B.

Subject Guides

C.

Guidebooks and Tips

D.

EDSeek

In the keyword search on EDSeek's Home page, enter the following statement:

theor* AND

dinosaur* AND extinct*.

Based on the results from this search, choose the best answer to this

question.

19.

Which article title represents a citation under the News results?

A.

"Chunk of Death-Dealing Asteroid Found"

B.

"Extinctions Tied to Impact from Space"

C.

"Second Crater Points to Killer Comets"

D.

"Princeton Paleontologist Produces Evidence for New Theory on Dinosaur Extinction"

Using online and print reference sources that have been covered in this study unit, answer the

following question.

20.

At www.pennfoster.edu, locate the Web site for the school's accrediting body, which is listed by the

U.S. Department of Education as a nationally recognized accrediting agency.

A.

www.css-msa.org/

B.

www.iacet.org/

C.

www.pde.state.pa.us/pde_internet/site/default.asp

D.

www.detc.org

Category: Homework
Expert:  Bizhelp replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for the questions.

Please click here to download the answers.

Hope this helps!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

scored below average

Expert:  Bizhelp replied 2 years ago.

I'm sorry but I am very surprised to hear this. I believed the answers I gave were 100% correct. Which ones were considered incorrect?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

7,8,9,13,15,19.Wrong

Expert:  Bizhelp replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Bizhelp, CPA
Experience: Bachelors Degree and CPA with Accounting work experience
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I will resubmit this to the school and see if they can change my grades.Will let you know

Expert:  Bizhelp replied 2 years ago.
ok