FiveStarLaw
FiveStarLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer, Accountant and Researcher
9968427

"FiveStarLaw" 21.Youre an attorney representing the plaintiff

Customer Question

"FiveStarLaw"

21.You’re an attorney representing the plaintiff in an automobile accident case. You’ve filed a
complaint with the court and served the complaint to the defendant. The defendant had 30
days to answer the complaint, but it’s now Day 45 and he still hasn’t answered. What would
be the best course of action to resolve the matter quickly?
A. You should file a motion for a summary judgment in your favor.
B. You should request that the court enter a default judgment against the defendant who
failed to respond.
C. You should request that the court order the Answer be filed by the Defendant as soon
as possible.
D. You can’t do anything at this time, but contact the Defendant’s attorney to find out why
the answer hasn’t yet been filed.

22. Douglas is being sued by Peter. Can Peter send interrogatories to Douglas’s employer?
A. Yes.
B Yes, but only as long as Douglas consents to Peter’s use of interrogatories.
C. No, Peter can’t send interrogatories to anyone except Douglas, the other party
to the lawsuit.
D. No, Peter can’t send interrogatories to anyone except Douglas and his
immediate family.

23. Which of the following correctly identifies the steps involved in litigating a civil trial

in the
federal courts in the proper order?

A. (1) The complaint, (2) The answer, (3) Service of process, (4) Discovery, (5)
Motions, (6) Trial, and (7) Post-trial remedies
B. (1) The complaint, (2) The answer, (3) Discovery, (4) Service of process, (5)
C. (1) The complaint, (2) Discovery, (3) Service of process, (4) Motions, (5) The answer,
(6) Trial, and (7) Post-trial remedies
D. (1) The complaint, (2) Service of process, (3) The answer, (4) Discovery, (5)
Scenario for Questions 24 and 25
Paul is a new litigation paralegal in the busy law firm of Jenkins & Hoban. The supervising
attorney tells Paul to take the motion that had previously been prepared in the Lewis matter
and to copy, file, and serve it. Paul isn’t sure what the correct procedure is. Another

paralegaltells him to check the state’s Rules of Civil Procedure.

24. Where should Paul look to find these Rules?
A. To his supervising attorney, because they’re available only to licensed attorneys
B. In the firm’s law library or on the Internet
C. At the local office superstore
D. From the court, as this type of Rule typically isn’t published

25. The Rules may require Paul to file the document electronically. This means that the
document must be
A. in a format that can be scanned, so the Court can save it in a digital file.
B. sent to the Court for filing through the Internet.
C. filed with the Court on a CD or DVD.
D. in a format that can be accessed by individuals with hearing impairments.
Category: Homework
Expert:  FiveStarLaw replied 2 years ago.

Hi!

I am working on your answer. One moment please.

I believe you will do well on this assignment

Here are my answers for comparison with your own:

21 B. You should request that the court enter a default judgment against the defendant who
failed to respond.
22 A. Yes.
23 D. (1) The complaint, (2) Service of process, (3) The answer, (4) Discovery, (5)
24 B. In the firm’s law library or on the Internet
25 B. sent to the Court for filing through the Internet

If you have any further questions, I am happy to assist you. You can start your new question with "for FiveStarLaw" and send it to the appropriate legal, tax or homework category so that the question is directed to me and I can give your question my immediate attention

Thank you very much,
FiveStarLaw
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

GOD BLESS YOU SO MUCH

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
FiveStarLaw, Lawyer
Experience: Lawyer, Accountant and Researcher