Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
22285537

Question 25 West Germany, between 1948 and 1965

Question 25
West Germany, between 1948 and 1965

was led by Erich Honecker.
developed a topantigroup known as the Stasi.
saw real wages double between 1950 and 1965, though work hours were cut twenty percent.
was divided by the Berlin Wall.
continued to pay World War I reparations to France.

Question 26
The Reagan Revolution included all of the following except

strong support for labor unions and war on poverty programs.
a decrease in spending on social welfare programs.
tax reduction, especially for the wealthy.
an increase in military expenditures.
a resultant huge growth in federal budget deficits.

Question 27
Which of the following programs was not a part of LynXXXXX XXXXX's reform program?

packing the Supreme Court
expanded health care for the elderly
federal aid to education
food stamps
a Job Corps

Question 28
After 1946, higher education in Western Europe

continued to drew its students from the wealthier classes until the 1990s.
saw fees increased in a number of universities and enrollment grew dramatically.
experienced an influx of students from the middle and lower classes.
declined because of a severe economic recession.
heavily emphasized vocational education rather than the traditional curriculum.

Question 29
Charles de Gaulle did not

support the increase of American and Soviet influence in France and Western Europe.
create the Fifth Republic.
increase the power of the office of president.
come to power because of the Algerian crisis.
endeavor to make France a major nuclear power.

Question 30
The most famous student revolt of the second half of the twentieth century occurred at

the University of California in Berkeley.
the Sorbonne in Paris.
Oxford University.
Columbia University, New York.
the University of Mexico.

Question 31
As a result of Franklin Roosevelt's New Deal, all of the following became part of a new pattern of American development except

a significant increase in the authority and importance of the national government.
a growing importance of organized labor in the economics and politics of the nation.
a wholehearted commitment to all aspects of the socialist welfare state.
a policy of employing budget deficits for the purpose of stimulating economic growth.
an increased feeling of optimism among the American people.

Question 32
Which statement about permissiveness in Western society is accurate?

Permissiveness dropped significantly after 1955.
Sexual habits have not been affected by the new attitudes.
Increased drug consumption became a part of modern permissiveness for many.
No relationship can be discovered between pornography, prostitution, and modern attitudes of permissiveness.
Political consciousness and youth protest has shown no relationship to rising permissiveness.

Question 33
Which of the following is a true statement about postwar Canadian political development?

Lester Pearson advocated political union with the United States.
Quebec voters have defeated independence referenda since 1970, but the issue continues to draw attention.
Brian Mulroney opposed a free trades agreement with the United States that was very well received by all Canadians.
Quebec will be granted independence in 2006, as a result of the national referendum.
Vast oil reserves were discovered off the coast of British Columbia.

Question 34
Major developments in Latin America since 1955 have included

large increases in the incomes of peasants and industrial workers.
sharp reductions in foreign debt in the 1970s, as governments worked to reduce outsiders' control of their economies.
an end to the cultivation of coca and marijuana in the region by 1990.
an increase in the number of democratic regimes in the 1980s.
the outbreak of serious interracial conflict, often sparking large urban riots and frightening outbreaks of savage "ethnic cleansing."
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.

Hello, and thanks for the question.

When is your deadline for submitting the answers to these questions?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Saturday night

Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.

OK, I should have these completed later today (8/15).

Thanks!

Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)