Steven, M.Acc.
Steven, M.Acc., Accountant
Experience:  Accountant and instructor with a master's degree in accounting.
24317596

OB/GYN 1. What Surgery subheading has only two codes? A. LaparoscopyB.

OB/GYN 1. What Surgery subheading has only two codes? A. LaparoscopyB. Urinary System C. Delivery D. Intersex Surgery 2. Lysis of adhesions is often performed on either the fallopian tubes or the A. ovaries. B. vagina. C. uterus. D. vulva. 3. Which procedure is most likely to be used for the removal of a hydatiform mole? A. Hysterosalpingography B. Cordocentesis C. Hysterotomy D. Postpartum curettage 4. If a patient has had a previous cesarean delivery and then has a vaginal delivery, the correct code wouldbe A. 59400. B. 59618. C. 59610. D. 59410. 5. What is the difference between an anterior and posterior colporrhaphy? A. Patient age B. Instrumentation C. Time D. Approach 6. A fetal non-stress test is completed on a 36-week pregnancy. What is the correct code for this procedure? A. 59020 B. 59025 C. 59050 D. 59012 7. ___ describes cutting into the vagina to gain access to the pelvic cavity. A. Vulvectomy B. Introitus C. Colpotomy D. Colporrhaphy 8. Which of the following is not included in code 59400? A. Cerclage B. Antepartum care C. Postpartum care D. Delivery 9. Which of the following is the correct CPT code to use when a physician performs a surgical laparoscopy with fimbrioplasty? A. 57462 B. 58760 C. 59898 D. 58672 10. Which of the following structures is included in the internal organs of the female reproductive system? A. Fallopian tubes B. Mons pubis C. Labia majora D. Labia minora 11. Which CPT code would be selected for a vaginal hysterectomy for uterus greater than 250 grams? A. 58290 B. 58275 C. 58260 D. 58285 12. A patient has an IUD inserted. Which of the following statements about coding IUDs is false? A. IUD insertion is reported using an Introduction Category code. B. The cost of the IUD device is included in the code for the insertion of the IUD. C. IUD removal is in the introductory Category. D. The IUD device is coded separately. 13. Which of the following is the appropriate fourth ICD-9 digit to use when an abortion is complicated by septic shock? A. 5 B. 4 C. 0 D. 3 14. In which of the following categories would you locate a code for the removal of an IUD? A. Manipulation B. Introduction C. Excision D. Removal 15. What does antepartum care include? A. Initial and subsequent history, recording of weight, blood pressures, fetal heart tones, and routine UA B. Initial and subsequent history, recording of weight, blood pressures, fetal heart tones, and routine Hgb C. Initial and subsequent history, physical exams, recording of weight, blood pressures, fetal heart tones, and routine UA D. Initial and subsequent history, physical exams, recording of weight, blood pressures, fetal heart tones, and routine Hgb 16. Select the correct CPT code for postpartum curettage performed within the first six weeks after delivery to remove pieces of the placenta or clotted blood. A. 59160 B. 57520 C. 57505 D. 58120 17. Which of the following is the correct code for the treatment of an incomplete abortion that was treated surgically during the second trimester? A. 59812 B. 59830 C. 59821 D. 59820 18. Incision and drainage of the __ glands aren't reported using Female Genital System codes but are instead reported using Surgery section, Urinary System codes. A. Weber's B. Skene's C. Bartholin's D. Virchow's 19. Which of the following procedures is commonly performed to determine the cause of dysfunctional uterine bleeding? A. Oviduct transection B. Cervical capping C. Cervical C/S D. Endometrial sampling 20. Which of the following is the correct ICD-9 code for a contracted pelvis, infant delivered vaginally? A. 653.1 B. 653.11 C. 660.2 D. 763.1 21. Using the vulvectomy notes in the CPT Manual, which of the following describes a complete vulvectomy? A. Skin and superficial tissues B. Less than 80% of the vulvar area C. Skin and deep subcutaneous tissues D. Greater than 80% of the vulvar area 22. What is the ICD-9-CM code for tubal ectopic pregnancy without intrauterine pregnancy? A. 603.1 B. 623.1 C. 613.1 D. 633.10 23. What is a hysterosalpingography? A. A surgical procedure to open an obstructed or narrowed tube. B. Removal of the uterus. C. A diagnostic procedure to test the patency of the fallopian tubes. D. A procedure in which an egg from the female is withdrawn and fertilized with sperm in a laboratory. 24. If coding a cordocentesis with ultrasonic guidance how many CPT codes would be assigned? A. 1 B. 2 C. 3 D. It's included in the global fee. 25. Which of the following is the correct ICD-9 code for a classical hydatidiform mole? A. 236.1 B. 630 C. 631.8 D. 181 26. A spontaneous abortion is an abortion that occurs A. naturally. B. because of an infection of the products of conception and in the endometrial lining of the uterus. C. when parts of the products of conception are retained in the uterus. D. to safeguard the mother's mental or physical health. Question 27 to 35 still need to be posted
Category: Homework
Expert:  traichle replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I would be happy to help you today with your question. THERE IS NO GUARANTEE THAT THESE ARE CORRECT - ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS SHOULD BE POSTED IN ANOTHER QUESTION FOR ADDITIONAL PAYMENT.

OB/GYN
1. What Surgery subheading has only two codes?
D. Intersex Surgery (best guess - not sure)

2. Lysis of adhesions is often performed on either the fallopian tubes or the
A. ovaries.

3. Which procedure is most likely to be used for the removal of a hydatiform mole?
D. Postpartum curettage

4. If a patient has had a previous cesarean delivery and then has a vaginal delivery, the correct code wouldbe
C. 59610.

5. What is the difference between an anterior and posterior colporrhaphy?
D. Approach

6. A fetal non-stress test is completed on a 36-week pregnancy. What is the correct code for this procedure?
B. 59025

7. ___ describes cutting into the vagina to gain access to the pelvic cavity.
C. Colpotomy

8. Which of the following is not included in code 59400?
A. Cerclage

9. Which of the following is the correct CPT code to use when a physician performs a surgical laparoscopy with fimbrioplasty?
B. 58760

10. Which of the following structures is included in the internal organs of the female reproductive system?
A. Fallopian tubes

11. Which CPT code would be selected for a vaginal hysterectomy for uterus greater than 250 grams?
A. 58290

12. A patient has an IUD inserted. Which of the following statements about coding IUDs is false?
B. The cost of the IUD device is included in the code for the insertion of the IUD.

13. Which of the following is the appropriate fourth ICD-9 digit to use when an abortion is complicated by septic shock?
A. 5

14. In which of the following categories would you locate a code for the removal of an IUD?
D. Removal

15. What does antepartum care include?
C. Initial and subsequent history, physical exams, recording of weight, blood pressures, fetal heart tones, and routine UA

16. Select the correct CPT code for postpartum curettage performed within the first six weeks after delivery to remove pieces of the placenta or clotted blood.
A. 59160

17. Which of the following is the correct code for the treatment of an incomplete abortion that was treated surgically during the second trimester?
C. 59821

18. Incision and drainage of the __ glands aren't reported using Female Genital System codes but are instead reported using Surgery section, Urinary System codes.
B. Skene's

19. Which of the following procedures is commonly performed to determine the cause of dysfunctional uterine bleeding?
D. Endometrial sampling

20. Which of the following is the correct ICD-9 code for a contracted pelvis, infant delivered vaginally?
A. 653.1

21. Using the vulvectomy notes in the CPT Manual, which of the following describes a complete vulvectomy?
D. Greater than 80% of the vulvar area (not certain, hard to find answer)

22. What is the ICD-9-CM code for tubal ectopic pregnancy without intrauterine pregnancy?
C. 613.1

23. What is a hysterosalpingography?
C. A diagnostic procedure to test the patency of the fallopian tubes.

24. If coding a cordocentesis with ultrasonic guidance how many CPT codes would be assigned?
A. 1 (not 100% sure, pretty sure)

25. Which of the following is the correct ICD-9 code for a classical hydatidiform mole?
B. 630

26. A spontaneous abortion is an abortion that occurs
A. naturally.

Thank you. Please provide a POSITIVE RATING for these answers!!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am not paying additional amount for the 8 more questions. The site states that I do not pay till I am done so would you like to answer the other questions or should I put not satisfied with the expert. If you are not sure that you know the answers then why did you accept.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I was told to post the other question by your cutomer service department. If you do not want to answer the rest then you need to opt out of this they said.

27. The anatomy in the Female Genital System subsection starts with the vulva and progresses upward tothe

A. perineum. B. fallopian tube.

C. ovary. D. uterus.

28. Which of the following terms describes an incision of the vagina to gain access to the peritoneal cul-desacto explore or to drain an abscess?

A. Perineoplasty B. Oophorectomy

C. Colpocleisis D. Colpocentesis

29. If a medical record states "an incision and drainage of an abscess of Bartholin's gland," under whichsubheading will you locate this code in the CPT Manual?

A. Corpus Uteri B. Vulva, Perineum, and Introitus.

C. Vagina D. Cervix Uteri

30. Which of the following is the correct code for intrauterine artificial insemination?

A. 58322 B. 58350

C. 58323 D. 58321

31. Which of the following is the correct CPT code for vaginal delivery with episiotomy and use offorceps?

A. 59400 B. 59610

C. 59410 D. 59409

32. Which of the following is the correct ICD-9 code for a corpus luteum cyst of the ovary?

A. 183.0 B. 620.1

C. 620.0 D. 256.4

33. A/an ___occurs when the fertilized ovum has become implanted outside of the uterus

.A. Chromotubation B. In vitro fertilization

C. Ectopic pregnancy D. Hydatiform mole

34. Which of the following is the correct ICD-9 code for postmenopausal atrophic vaginitis?

A. 615.9 B. 616.10

C. 670.8 D. 627.3

35. Which CPT code will be assigned for a 29-year-old woman, 20 weeks' gestation, with cervical cerclageby vaginal approach?

A. 59899 B. 59320

C. 59160 D.59325
Expert:  traichle replied 2 years ago.
Good luck
I am going to opt out
Expert:  Steven, M.Acc. replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,

I'd be happy to take a look at all of your questions. What is your deadline?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My exam is due August 15th
Great! I'll have something for you soon.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Steven, M.Acc., Accountant
Experience: Accountant and instructor with a master's degree in accounting.
Hi there,

What do you think?
Thank you for the positive rating!