FiveStarLaw
FiveStarLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer, Accountant and Researcher
9968427

1. The Chinese character for listening includes the following: A)

1.
The Chinese character for listening includes the following:
A) The eyes
B) The heart
C) Undivided attention
D) The ears
E) All of the above
2.
Maria says, “I am really bummed out about not getting any job offers.” Her roommate, Jaunita, responds, “Sounds as if you’re feeling pretty low about the response so far.” Juanita is:
A) paraphrasing
B) pseudo listening
C) evaluative listening
D) ambushing
3.
Evidence suggests that
A) As we get to know more about people and like them, we start to regard them as better looking
B) We view others as attractive or unattractive not just on the basis of their appearance
C) Posture, gestures, facial expressions, and other behaviors can increase attractiveness of an otherwise unremarkable person
D) All of the above
4.
Professor Rumrill Teece thinks her student Jacob is always listening to her lectures because of his eye contact, nods, alert expression. In reality Jacob is sending and receiving text messages most of the class. Jacob is guilty of:
A) Defensive listening
B) Psuedolistening
C) Filling in the gaps
D) Insulated listening
E) None of the above
5.
Homer listens very carefully when Marge is talking about what she did last weekend. As soon as Marge finishes speaking, Homer jumps in and says, “Ha! I knew that’s what you’d do on your weekend off, you were trying to meet someone else!” He then proceeds to attack much of what Marge said. Homer has engaged in
A) Defensive listening
B) Pseudolistening
C) Selective listening
D) Ambushing
E) Mindful listening
6.
Which of the following is the most accurate example of an empathizing response?
A) “Don’t worry about it.”
B) “Hey, it’s only a game.”
C) “You’ll feel better tomorrow.”
D) All of the above
E) None of the above
7.
In committed relationships, listening to personal information in everyday conversation is considered an important ingredient of satisfaction.
A) True
B) False
8.
Which of the following is NOT a misconception about listening?
A) Listening is a skill that can be taught.
B) Listening and hearing are the same thing.
C) Listening is easy.
D) All listeners receive the same message.
E) None of the above
9.
Which of the following is not one of the five components of listening mentioned in your text?
A) Hearing
B) Attending
C) Understanding
D) Advising
E) Responding
10.
Which statement about the conversation below is accurate?Speaker: Trent is such a jerk; he always takes me for granted.Listener: You sound annoyed that Trent has been taking advantage of you.
A) The listener used pseudolistening.
B) The listener gave a poor periphrases because it doesn't use the speaker's words.
C) The listener shout have used a question before trying to paraphrase.
D) The listener used a paraphrase to try and understand the speaker's message.
11.
Fatigue or other forms of discomfort can be which barrier to listening?
A) Hearing problems.
B) Information overload
C) Personal concerns
D) Rapid thought
E) Noise
12.
When approached with another's problem, the most common reaction is advising.
A) True
B) False
13.
Research on listening reveals that people remember only about half of what they hear immediately after hearing it.
A) True
B) False
14.
While most people recall very few details of their conversations, they do retain an overall impression about the speaker, especially in important relationships.
A) True
B) False
15.
Despite the frequency that we use listening, listening skills tend NOT to be recognized as important by business leaders.
A) True
B) False
Emotions
16.
All of the following are guidelines for expressing emotions except:
A) Recognizing your feelings
B) Recognizing the difference between feeling and acting
C) Accepting responsibility for your feelings
D) Choosing the best time and place to express your feelings
E) Share only one feeling at a time
17.
“You’re a wonderful person” and “I feel we should work as a team” are examples of:
A) counterfeit emotional language
B) irrational beliefs
C) concretely identifying emotions
D) emotional investments
18.
Jose has refused to teach Interpersonal Communication because he sometimes has conflicts in his own relationships and isn’t always a great listener. Jose may be a victim of the fallacy of :
A) Overgeneralization
B) Perfection
C) Causation
D) Shoulds
E) Catastrophic expectations
19.
Which of the following is NOT an emotion?
A) Happy
B) Sad
C) Angry
D) Feeling Blue
E) All of the above are emotions
20.
Anger is generally considered a secondary emotion.
A) True
B) False
21.
“I must be loved, liked and approved of by everyone all the time or I will not be happy.” This statement reflects the Fallacy of Catastrophic Expectations.
A) True
B) False
22.
There are some situations where you may (correctly) choose never to express your feelings.
A) True
B) False
23.
Being rushed, tired, or disturbed by some other matters is NOT an adequate reason for postponing the sharing of a feeling.
A) True
B) False
24.
The concept of emotional contagion suggest that students can 'catch' the m
Category: Homework
Expert:  FiveStarLaw replied 2 years ago.

Thank you so much for requesting me.

I am working on the questions now. I will post your answers shortly
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
FiveStarLaw, Lawyer
Experience: Lawyer, Accountant and Researcher