Chris12
Chris12, Teacher
Experience:  Resource Center Assistant, Researcher, Tutor

How do I view this essay?"Figurative Language versus Literal

• "Figurative Language versus Literal Language"

TERMS:

1. idiom

6. amphiboly

2. analogy

7. “flame word”

3. metaphor

8. hyperbole

4. simile

9. euphemism

5. cliché

10. colloquialism

Write a three to four (3–4) page (approximately 750–1000 word) paper that discusses these different types of figurative language.
    1. Define the meaning and function of each term.
    2. Provide an example for each term. (The example may be created by you or taken from another source. Cite your sources using APA Style.)
    3. Describe the appropriate circumstances for using the example for each term and when it might lead to misunderstanding.
    4. Use at least two (2) quality resources in this assignment.
    The paper should follow these guidelines for effectively organized writing:
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris12 replied 1 year ago.

Chris12 :

Hello. May I be of assistance? What day and time is the assignment due? How many references are required? Is there additional information needed to complete the assignment?

Customer:

hi, I can't see the essay. How do i view that?

Customer:

oh, I would need about 5 references

Chris12 :

Once I get all the information I need then I'll begin the assignment. When it is completed I'll post a link.

Customer:

i have seen the post on this assignment before on this web side. it is pretty much the same information

Chris12 :

Can you tell me the day and time the assignment is due and any other information I need to complete it?

Customer:

ok then let me se

Customer:

Using and misusing figurative language may make it more difficult for others to engage in productive thinking. Listed below are ten (10) types of figurative language. (If you are unfamiliar with these terms, you may research the definitions. Cite your sources using APA Style.)

TERMS:

1. idiom

6. amphiboly

2. analogy

7. “flame word”

3. metaphor

8. hyperbole

4. simile

9. euphemism

5. cliché

10. colloquialism

• Include an introductory paragraph and concluding paragraph for the essay.

• Each of the terms should be addressed in a single paragraph with a topic sentence and supporting sentences.

• Adhere to standard rules of grammar, punctuation, and mechanics.

The format of the paper is to be as follows:

• Typed, double-spaced, Times New Roman font (size 12), one-inch margins on all sides, APA format.

• In addition to the three to four (3–4) pages assigned, a title page with the title of the assignment, your name, the instructor’s name, the course title, and the date is to be included, as well as a Reference Page.

• Sources documented using APA style for in-text citations and listed on the References Page using APA style format.

Customer:

that is pretty much all the information I will need.

Customer:

Please let me know when I will be able to see them. Thank you very much

Customer:

are we still chating?

Chris12 :

Yes. Working on another project and chatting.

Customer:

ok. then

Customer:

could you please finish it by tomorrow before 6 pm?

Chris12 :

Yes, I can do that.

Customer:

it is about 15 hours from now on

Customer:

would you send it to my e-mail?

Customer: XXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Chris12 :

Understood.

Customer:

is there anything that you would like to know, sir?

Chris12 :

What type of format do you need? doc or docx...does it matter?

Customer:

only "doc"

Chris12 :

Okay, thank you for the information. I'm on it.

Customer:

thank you very much

Chris12 :

You're welcome.

Chris12 :
Chris12 :

Here's the assignment as promised: https://www.box.com/s/38d92f2d6013e9451b7e. Have a good week.

Customer:

LOVELY. THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Chris12 :

You're welcome.

Customer:

i don't know why I can't give u a rate. but I would love to say that you are the excellent one. I will see you again.

Chris12 :

Okay, try refreshing the page, rating and then accepting. That should work.

Customer:

I can click on it but it won't let me like the other one.

Chris12 :

Okay, I'll report the problem to tech support.

Customer: Ok then. You're the best
Chris12 :

You're welcome, thank you. I'd try again in about 2 hours or so.

Customer:

sure, sir. I wil

Chris12 :

Okay.

Chris12 :

Hello, how's it going? Have you been back to the post yet to attempt another rating and acceptance? The problem should be fixed by now. Have a great day.

Customer: Yes. Sir. I can click on the excellent face and it turn green. You have a nice day too sir^^
Chris12 :

Thank you. Could you try it one more time, it has not yet indicated that it was accepted. My apologies about this. I will have a nice day and you to. :^)

Chris12, Teacher
Experience: Resource Center Assistant, Researcher, Tutor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is already rated as excellent. sir. Thanks again. I will ask for your service again. ^^
Expert:  Chris12 replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome. I look forward to working with you again. Have a great day.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here