1. Who ruled over Babylon’s last era of greatness?
C. Nebuchadnezzar II
2. Of the four river valleys that supported major early civilizations, which one lost one of its major rivers?
C. Indus Valley
D. Yellow River
3. The Harappan writing that survives
A. Was used for religious texts.
B. Recorded law codes.
C. Can’t be deciphered
D. Relates to stories of heroes
4. The root causes of the crisis that many states faced at the end of the second millennium B.C.E were
A. Migrations of foreigners and ecological fragility
B. External invasions and unstable governments.
C. Unstable governments and ecological fragility
D. Natural disasters and external invasions
5. Much of the direct written evidence for the early period of Zhou dynasty comes from inscriptions
B. Bamboo strips
C. Oracle bones
D. The walls of the kings’ palace
6. What major problems did the roman empire face in the mid to late Fourth Century?
A. Weak leadership
B. Poor infrastructure
C. Lack of education within the empire
D. Immigration and invasion
7. What strategy did Buddhist and Christian missionaries employ to spread their faith that Muslims didn’t?
A. Forceful conversion of others
B. Conversion of kings and other elite figures
C. Use of artifacts
D. Conversion of merchant
Thats only 7 questions
well i cant submit the the answer untill i have them all
1. Which of the following combinations of food did the Polynesians introduce to the islands they colonized?
A. Sugar cane, chickens, and kava
B. Bananas, Breadfruit, and cattle
C. Sugar cane, pigs, and breadfruit
D. Pigs, taro, and coconuts
2. The division between Shia and Sunni Muslims originally arose over
A. How Christians and Jews should be treated.
B. Who could be a caliph.
C. An understanding of the nature of Allah.
D. How one should pray.
3. Within the Islamic Empire, the Turkic people
A. Acted as a powerful military shield
B. Were educated people who administered the realm
C. Were mainly concerned with trade and commerce.
D. Were completely integrated into the Arabic world
4. All of the following were a result of the Crusades except
A. A proclamation, by Zangi, calling for Jihad against the infidels
B. Destruction of peaceful relations between Muslims and Christians.
C. Increased hostility in Europe between Christians and jews.
D. Establishment of a large ChristXXXXX XXXXXdom in the middle east.
5. Which of the following practices did the ottomans use to strengthen their state
A. Gifts were given to those who converted to islam.
B. Missionaries were sent to remote areas to generate wealth
C. The practice of religions other that islam was forbidden
D. Christina children were enslaved and brought up as muslims to become janissaries
6. In the mongol empire, the plague
A. Ended further expansion
B. Had no effect, because it mainly skipped over mongol lands
C. Provided new opportunities for territorial expansion
D. Slowed the rise of the ottoman state
7. The most important contribution the mongols made to encouraging trade along the silk roads was
A. Lowering taxes for merchants
B. Building permanent inns for travelers
C. Providing security
D. Building a permanent road.
8. The most important single source of long range commercial maritime enterprise was
9. Although Chinese emperors were theoretically unlimited in their authority, during the reign of the emperor zhengde his administration
A. Deposed him
B. Joined a violent rebellion against him
C. Went on strike
D. Insisted that he go on a military campaign
10. The French philosopher Voltaire was attracted to Confucianism because he
A. Felt that it pointed to an alternative to absolute monarchy
B. Believed it promoted universal access to education
C. Regarded it as substitute for organized religion
D. Found it full of material he could ridicule in his satirical writings
11. Ignatius Loyola was a
A. Disillusioned monk who founded the Dominican order
B. Wandering ascetic who founded the Franciscans
C. Soldier who founded the Jesuits
D. Priest who became a leader of the inquisition in spain
12. The greatest extension of the frontier of food production in the 1800s occurred in what areas?
A. The rice paddies of china, japan, and Vietnam
B. The sub-saharan areas of Africa
C. The steppes in asia
D. The open lands of south America, north America, and australia