Cher
Cher, Teacher
Experience:  Teacher, Tutor--35+ yrs. Masters Degree. Senior Internet Researcher

8. Jayden is new in town and wants to make friends, so he

8.
Jayden is new in town and wants to make friends, so he talks to some classmates and arranges to go out one night. Jayden’s communication is an effort to meet which kind of needs?
A) Physical needs
B) Social needs
C) Practical needs
D) all of the above
E) none of the above
9.
Samir tries to concentrate during a class lecture, but he can’t because he is distracted by a cell phone. His preoccupation with his cell phone is an example of:
A) feedback
B) context
C) noise
D) channel
10.
Which of the following are outlined in your text as important characteristics of communication?
A) Meanings exist in and among people.
B) Environment and noise affect communication.
C) Sending and receiving are usually simultaneous.
D) Channels make a difference
E) All of the above
11.
A response to a message is called
A) encoding
B) channel
C) noise
D) feedback
E) none of the above
Culture and Communication
12.
Low-context cultures tend to value and emphasize
A) straight talk and assertiveness
B) face-saving and social harmony
C) nonverbal cues
D) all of the above
E) none of the above
13.
Give a brief example that describes the following term: Collectivism

14.
Give a brief example that describes the following term: Individualism

18.
Give a brief example that describes the following term: High Power Distance

19.
Give a brief example that describes the following term: Low Uncertainty Avoidance

20.
Give a brief example that describes the following term: Nurturing Culture

21.
Co-cultures in North America may include:
A) age
B) race/ethnicity
C) sexual orientation
D) religion
E) all of the above
22.
Give a brief example that describes the following term: Low Power Distance

23.
Give a brief example that describes the following term: High Uncertainty Avoidance

24.
Give a brief example that describes the following term: Achievement Culture

25.
Which phrase would most likely come from a collective (group oriented) culture?
A) The phrase “the squeaky wheel gets the oil”
B) The phrase “an apple a day keeps the doctor away”
C) The Japanese proverb “the nail that stands up gets hammered down”
D) All of the above
E) None of the above
Category: Homework
Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hello again,Customerand thanks for requesting me to answer your questions.

What course is this for and what textbook are you using?

By when do you need this completed?

Thanks,
Cher
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
interpersonal communication/
Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hi again, and thanks for your additional information.

I will be able to help you with these questions and I will send the answers asap.

Best regards,
Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hi again,

After reading the questions over more carefully, I see that they are not all multiple choice, so this will take longer than I had originally thought. Also, I had answered another question for you recently, here: http://www.justanswer.com/homework/6ul4o-question-34-as-listen-dr-hegel-s-lecture.html and you never rated/accepted it. It would be appreciated if you could please rate that answer positively so I am compensated for my work, before I begin to work on your present question. Thanks!

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
can you just answer the multiple choice questions
Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hi again,

Yes I can; no problem!

Best regards,
Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Cher, Teacher
Experience: Teacher, Tutor--35+ yrs. Masters Degree. Senior Internet Researcher