David L.
David L., Engineer
Experience:  20 years experience writing white papers, tech publications
13852270

Determine what type of physical and logical topology will be

Customer Question

Determine what type of physical and logical topology will be used for each scenario. Substantively explain the reasoning for your answer.

Create a visual representation of each chosen topology by copying and pasting the shapes provided in Appendix D—such as a bus, ring, star, or mesh—into a Microsoft® Word document. Note that you will need to use the Draw feature in Microsoft® Word to create lines between the shapes, and you may have to use some shapes more than once. Refer to the Figures 3-1 through 3-4 of Guide to Networking Essentials for examples.
Category: Homework
Expert:  David L. replied 2 years ago.

My name is David.

By when do you need this completed?

Do you just need an example of a bus, ring, star, and mesh included in the document?

Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i need to know if you are familiar with this particular problem, and it is 2-1 through 2-4 instead of 3-1 through 3-4
Expert:  David L. replied 2 years ago.
I have the Microsoft Guide to Networking Essentials and understand the topologies however am not sure I have dealt with this exact problem.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what more do you need to know then
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
do you need me to send the problems to you?,what more do you need to know then
Expert:  David L. replied 2 years ago.
Yes, please post a link to them here - that should be all I need.

Also, please let me know when you need this completed. Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Network Hardware Essentials of Guide to Networking Essentials ,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  David L. replied 2 years ago.
By when do you need this completed?

Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i need it by monday please.
Expert:  David L. replied 2 years ago.
Ok thanks. I will start work on it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
oh ok then
thanks
Expert:  David L. replied 2 years ago.
Smile
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is it ready yet David L.
Expert:  David L. replied 2 years ago.

Still working on it and will then post for you today.

Thanks for checking in.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok that's cool then.

Thanks,

Marty
Expert:  David L. replied 2 years ago.
Ok thanks Smile
Expert:  David L. replied 2 years ago.

While working on this I noticed that there is more than one version of the book. Can you please post the questions as I need to compare with what I am using. Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hands-On Project 2-2: Using Wireshark with a Hub
Time Required: 20 minutes
Objective: Use Wireshark on a computer connected to other computers via a
hub to see that all data is repeated to all stations.
Required Tools/Equipment: Three computers (minimum) with Ethernet NICs installed;
10/100 or 10/100/1000 NICs are preferable, but 10 Mbps NICs will also work. Computers
can be configured with static IP addresses or can use Automatic Private IP Addressing
(APIPA). Three patch cables and a 10/100 hub, although a single-speed hub will also work.
Description: In this project, you run Wireshark on a group of computers connected via a
hub. This project shows that a hub repeats all data to all stations so that Wireshark can capture
packets generated by all stations. In the next project, you compare this behavior with a
switch.
This is project 2-2
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
is this what you wanted David
Expert:  David L. replied 2 years ago.
Ok so what you really need is diagrams of the hands on projects and not the questions at the end of the chapter?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
YES I DO
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
YOU MUST EXPLAIN THE REASONING ALSO
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
rEAD THE ORIGINAL ASSIGNMENT THAT I SENT YOU PLEASE
Expert:  David L. replied 2 years ago.
Yes, I understand. So for each of the hands on projects 2-1 through 2-4 and not the end of chapter questions, draw the topology of the project and explain the reasoning for the topology and what happens in the project correct?
Also, what does your version of the book have for question 2-1 (my version has wireshark installation and test run) 2-3?
Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes mine does also
Expert:  David L. replied 2 years ago.
Ok thanks. Also, can you please post 2-3 here as well?

Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i need to fax it to you tomorrow
Expert:  David L. replied 2 years ago.
Do you have an image of it scanned in that you could post at the link below?

http://www.wikisend.com
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
do you have a fax that i can send it to?
Expert:  David L. replied 2 years ago.
Just Answer does not have a fax service so we may have to use a fax to image converter service. Do you have an image of it scanned in that you could post at the link below? http://www.wikisend.com
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes but it is very long though
Expert:  David L. replied 2 years ago.
That's ok. Please post it at that site and then post the download link here and I will then download and let you know when I have it.

Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
how do i do that ,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
how do i do that please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it want let me copy and paste it
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it will not allow me to copy and paste it either
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i can give you my log in information and you can see it that way ok
Expert:  David L. replied 2 years ago.
If you have it in digital format but cannot copy it, and if you are using a Windows computer, open the page to question 2-3 and press the ALT and PrtScrn or Print Screen keys at the same time and then click the Windows Start button then All Programs, Accessories then Paint and then click the Edit menu in Paint and click Paste and a screenshot of the page should appear. Then click File then Save As and save it as a JPEG or JPG file. Then upload it to Wikisend and post the download link here so I can download. Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i will have to give it to you tomorrow
that when i can get to a windows operating system
Expert:  David L. replied 2 years ago.
You can do this as well with a Mac if that is what you are using. To do this with a Mac press the Command and Shift and 4 keys at the same time and drag a square around the area you wish to screen shot then when you release the mouse button it will take a screen shot of the area and place it on your computer desktop. You can then upload it to Wikisend and post the download link here so I can download and view it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no i donot have a mac. can i give you my log in information please and get it like that please
Expert:  David L. replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately I cannot login to your computer through the Just Answer system.

What is the name of the operating system on your computer that you are using to view the document?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ZUNE
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
can't you go into my school web site and get it please, i will give you the information you need to access it, ok?
Expert:  David L. replied 2 years ago.
Ok please do.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is https://axiaecampus.phoenix.edu, my log in information is mateen1211
and 1955moo, and go to the material section and you should be there, it is under week 1 materials
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
let me know please that you have found the information you need please
Expert:  David L. replied 2 years ago.
Ok I have the information and have logged out. Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
oh ok cool then, thanks
Expert:  David L. replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. Working on it now.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
oh ok then i will be up late tonight then so when ever you finish, just let me know please. and thanks buddy
Expert:  David L. replied 2 years ago.
Ok will do.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
cool then
Expert:  David L. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, Please click the link to download the answer document: click here
Also, please let me know when you have downloaded it successfully. Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
can not check it out until i get home at 1:30 ok
Expert:  David L. replied 2 years ago.
Ok, thanks for letting me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
David it will not let me download. Check it out again please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it keeps saying the web page cannot be found
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
get with me please David
Expert:  David L. replied 2 years ago.

I apologize for the delay. Since the download is not working let me upload to a different site. I will then post a new link here for you shortly. Thank you for your patience.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok then
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi, David hows its going now buddy? I really need this project like right now. Please get back to me asap please
Expert:  David L. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, Thank you for your patience. I have uploaded the document to a different site and tested the download which seems to work with Firefox and Safari. Please click this link to download: click here Please let me know when you have successfully downloaded the document.
David L., Engineer
Experience: 20 years experience writing white papers, tech publications
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hi, i got it and it looks good to me thanks so much david. where do i click on accept at please?
Expert:  David L. replied 2 years ago.
Very good. Also, the positive rating is the Accept.

Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i wanted to know can you answer another question for me please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Complete Case Projects 3-1, 3-2, & 3-3 of Guide to Networking Essentials. After determining if a client-based or client/server model will be used, substantively justify your choice in 200 to 300 words.

Read the “Fiber Distributed Data Interface Technology” section through the end of the chapter in Ch. 3, “Network Topologies and Technologies,” of Guide to Networking Essentials.

Read Ch. 5, “Network Protocols,” of Guide to Networking Essentials

Expert:  David L. replied 2 years ago.

By when do you need it completed?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
by tomorrow if possible
Expert:  David L. replied 2 years ago.
Ok thanks.

Can you provide the informtion from the book like you did earlier (since we have different editions of the book)?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i can give you my log in info: it is mateen1211
1955moo
Expert:  David L. replied 2 years ago.
Ok thanks. I will take a look and let you know if I have any questions.

Thanks.
Expert:  David L. replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes i do need help with that also
Expert:  David L. replied 2 years ago.
Ok so to what does the question "After determining if a client-based or client/server model will be used, substantively justify your choice in 200 to 300 words" refer to? Please provide more information. Thanks.