Here are the answers for comparison with your own.
9. C. 12
10. B. ensure independence of the legal process both politically and judicially.
11. A. Bail bonding
12. A. Capital murder
13. D. arrest warrant.
14. C. mandatory sentencing.
15. D. An intermediate appeals court
16. B. The venire
17. D. reduce disparity in death penalty sentencing.
18. D. they produce an unusually harsh prison system.
19. B. by granting a writ of certiorari.
20. A. Herrera v. Collins.
1. A. Making a copy of a three-page journal article to use in researching your research paper
3. C. Lemonick, Michael D., David Bjerklie, Andrew Goldstein. "Keeper of the Stem Cells." Time 27 Aug. 2001: 57.
4. B. C201 .G37 1910 CR 209 .D97 1991 CL207 .K256 1976 CA203 .P39 1992
5. B. you must evaluate Web sites for accuracy, authority, and objectivity.
6. C. Statistics about Web usage you found in the Journal of Computer Science
8. A. A historical date or the source of a quote
10. A. Beta OR blockers
11. B. provides documented information.
12. A. A bibliography or a list of works cited.
13. B. Is this information being used to advocate a point of view?
Hope this helps!