Kathy
Kathy, Teacher
Experience:  Elementary teacher for 16 years Bilingual Spanish English and with a Psychology Masters
49749778

Exam Help:ANESTHESIA AND GENERAL SURGERY Questions 1 to 351.

Customer Question

Exam Help:ANESTHESIA AND GENERAL SURGERY Questions 1 to 35
1. The usual global surgery period for a major procedure is __ days.
A. 10 B. 60
C. 90 D. 30
2. Please assign the correct code for a total knee replacement arthroscopic procedure.
A. 01430 B. 01404
C. 01400 D. 01402
3. Please select the correct code for anesthesia for a forearm cast application.
A. 01383 B. 01860
C. 01282 D. 01482
4. When the words "separate procedure" appear after the descriptor of a code, what does that tell you about that code?
A. The procedure is never included with another service.
B. The procedure provided was on a day other than the major procedure.
C. The procedure was a minor one that would be reported only if no other service was provided.
D. The procedure is always bundled into any other service provided.
5. When time is calculated for anesthesia services, when does the time begin?
A. When the anesthesiologist begins preparing the patient for anesthesia
B. When the patient arrives in the operating room
C. When the anesthesiologist begins to administer the anesthesia
D. When the surgeon makes the first incision
6. The physical status Modifier P3 indicates a
A. patient with a severe systemic disease that is a constant threat to life.
B. patient with severe systemic disease.
C. moribund patient who is not expected to survive without the operation.
D. patient who has a mild systemic disease.
7. How is the term intraservice defined?
A. Time begins with the assessment of the patient prior to and during the procedure and throughout the recovery.
B. Time begins with the administration of the sedation agent, requires continuous face-to-face attendance by the physician and ends when the personal contact by the physician ends.
C. Time begins with the assessment of the patient and the establishment of intravenous access.
D. Time begins with the monitoring of the patient's vital signs.
8. Assign a CPT anesthesia code and applicable modifiers for anesthesia services for an 81-year-old patient with mild systemic disease who receives anesthesia for revision of total hip arthroplasty.
A. 01215-P2, 99100 B. 27265-P2, 99100
C. 01214-P2, 99100 D. 01215-P2
9. The correct code for anesthesia for radical hysterectomy is
A. 01962. B. 00846.
C. 01963. D. 00944.
10. ___ is/are placed after some codes in the CPT manual and contains helpful information.
A. Bracketed information B. Guidelines
C. Parenthetical information D. Index locations
11. What type of sedation allows a procedure to be performed without pain to the patient, but the patient isn't completely asleep?
A. Conscious or moderate B. General
C. Block D. Regional
12. What are concurrent modifiers used to describe?
A. Services provided by multiple physicians on the same day
B. Multiple services provided by a single physician on the same day
C. The number of cases an anesthesiologist is directing or supervising at one time
D. Multiple modifiers for a single case
13. When assigning an unlisted code a special report describing the procedure must accompany the claim. All of the following should be included in the special report except
A. cost. B. an adequate definition or description of the nature, extent, and need for the procedure.
C. effort. D. time.
14. Which of the following does the surgical package include?
A. Visiting home nurse care B. Typical follow-up care
C. General anesthesia D. E/M visit requiring decision for surgery
15. Excision including simple closure of benign lesions of the skin includes ___ anesthesia.
A. general B. local
C. conscious sedation D. spinal
16. 99100 is an example of which of the following?
A. Physician modifier B. Physical modifier
C. Qualifying circumstance D. Qualifying modifier
17. Which of the following physical status modifiers would be used to code a patient with a mild systemic disease?
A. P1 B. P3
C. P2 D. P4
18. The correct code for an unlisted procedure for the breast is
A. 99499. B. 11949.
C. 19499. D. 14949.
19. The modifier "-AA" is an example of what type of modifier?
A. HCPCS B. Physical status
C. CPT D. ICD-10-CM/ICD-9-CM
20. What is the correct modifier for coding anesthesia when the anesthesiologist is medically directing one certified registered nurse anesthetist?
A. QY B. AD
C. QK D. QX
21. The CPT manual describes the surgical package to include all of the following except
A. intraoperative services. B. deductibles.
C. complications following surgery. D. preoperative visits.
22. What are the CPT guidelines for coding multiple surgical procedures that are performed during a single anesthetic administration?
A. Code only the highest base value unit.
B. Assign the procedure code of the lowest base value unit.
C. Assign the code for the procedure of highest base value unit. Indicate cumulative start/stop time for all surgical procedures performed.

Question 23 to 35 following
Category: Homework
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 2 years ago.

Hi, it will be a pleasure to help you with your homework today.

Can you post the remainder of the questions and then advise the deadline for submission of these answers to you? Is it timed or do you have a period of time to complete.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry it took so long here they are

23. The __ section of the CPT manual and the Anesthesia Guidelines both contain the codes forqualifying circumstances.

A. Medicine B. Radiology

C. Surgery D. Cardiology

24. Which of the following CPT codes is used to report materials and supplies used by the physician forwhich no other more specific CPT code exists?

A. 99080 B. 99070

C. 99071 D. 99000

25. A triangle before a code indicates that the code description

A. is partial. B. has been discontinued.

C. has been revised. D. is major.

26. Which codes begin with the number 99 and are used to indicate anesthesia services provided duringsituations that make the administration of the anesthesia more difficult?

A. Adjunct services B. Physical status modifiers

C. Special circumstances D. Qualifying circumstances

27. Select the correct anesthesia code for a tympanotomy of the left ear performed on an 11-month-oldfemale

.A. 00126, 99100 B. 00120, 99100

C. 00125, 99135 D. 00124, 99116

28. What is the correct code assignment for anesthesia for second and third degree burn debridementwithout skin grafting; 15% of the total body surface?

A. 01951, 01952, 01953 B. 01952, 01953, 01953

C. 01951, 01952 D. 01952, 01953

29. The American Society of Anesthesiologists defines the practice of anesthesiology as dealing with (butnot limited to) all of the following except the

A. clinical management of various fluids, electrolyte, and metabolic disturbances.

B. application of specific methods of non-respiratory therapy.

C. evaluation and management of acute and chronic pain.

D. clinical management of the patient unconscious from whatever cause.

30. Which of the following is the correct anesthesia formula?

A. B + T + M B. D + P + M

C. T + B + M D. P + T + M

31. Anesthesia procedure codes are grouped according to

A. procedure used. B. anatomic site.

C. time required. D. patient status.

32. Which of the following represents the contents of a surgical package?

A. Intraoperative and postoperative services

B. Preoperative, intraoperative, and postoperative services

C. Preoperative and intraoperative services

D. Preoperative and postoperative services

33. The correct code for anesthesia for diagnostic arthroscopic procedure of the knee joint is

A. 01402. B. 01202.

C. 01382. D. 01464.

34. __ is used to withdraw fluid that contains individual cells.

A. Image guidance B. Needle core

C. Fine-needle aspiration D. Percutaneous biopsy

35. The correct code for debridement of third-degree burns of right arm, 6% of body surface area, is

A. 01951. B. 01953.

C. 15852. D. 01952.
How soon do you need returned?

:-)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When can you get it to me?
Expert:  Angela--Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I’m a Moderator for this topic and I notice your Professional has opted out. I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find another Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Am I going to get any help on this or do I need to go to another site?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This question was asked of a medical profession not just a normal teacher. I want someone helping me that knows the medical stuff.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I posted the question yesterday and I have still yet to receive an answer. I want help from a medical professional.

Sometimes, finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Okay
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Expert:  Kathy replied 2 years ago.
Hi! I notice you have a new question open I am familiar with the questions. I can have them ready for you this evening. Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes Kathy, I believe you are the one that helped me with my exam last time. I was not sure how to send you the new question. But yes please I accept.
Expert:  Kathy replied 2 years ago.

A couple of more questions and ready. Thanks

Expert:  Kathy replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Kathy, Teacher
Experience: Elementary teacher for 16 years Bilingual Spanish English and with a Psychology Masters
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Kathy you are the bomb. I printed out all my questions and made my choices before I sent them to you. I would have missed 4 questions but thanks to you I got a 100% right. My husband also showed me how to contact you next time instead of waiting for 3 days for someone to help me. Thanks again
Expert:  Kathy replied 2 years ago.
I am glad I was able to assist. Thanks for the positive rating and the bonus. Looking forward to work with you in the near future, :)