akch2002
akch2002, Engineer
Experience:  Home work expert
46493125

Tolerance and packaging. A dog food manufacturer has a tolerance

Tolerance and packaging. A dog food manufacturer has a tolerance of 0.2 lbs per bag on dog food bags weighing 5.0 lbs (Ideal weight). The equation to represent the difference is f(x) = |Actual weight – Ideal weight| where x is the actual weight. So, we can write this as f(x) = | x – 5|

(a) Write and solve an absolute value inequality to describe the acceptable weights of “5 lb” bags , given that the tolerance is + 0.2 lbs.
(b) Write and solve an absolute value inequality to describe the unacceptable weights of “5 lb” bags, given that the tolerance is + 0.2 lbs.
(c) Graph the absolute value equation. (To graph an absolute value in geogebra.org you enter absolute value as abs. Therefore if you are graphing f(x) = |x+2| you would enter it as f(x) = abs(x+2) )
(d) Explain how your answers to (a) and (b) relate to the graph in part (c).
(e) Think about your area of study. Explain how a related absolute value inequality might be used in your discipline.
Kindly indicate dead line for replying these questions.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I need to turn in my homework by midnight tonight, and this is my last problem for this assignment, so if you could have them answered by 11:30 central time that would be great! Thank you!
How many hours from now? I am asking time in hours as I am in different time zone.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
That would be about an hour from now.
I can reply in 2 hours.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
You can have an answer for me in 2 hours? That will be fine! Thank you!
OK. Thanks.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.