David L.
David L., Engineer
Experience:  20 years experience writing white papers, tech publications
13852270

***For David L. ONLY*** 1/ Discuss the hypothesis that some

Customer Question

***For David L. ONLY***

1/ Discuss the hypothesis that some religions make it more difficult for a society to democratize.

2/Review and summarize the chapter 2 readings from “SOC300_The_Challenge_of_Third_World_Development.pdf” Present in one-two paragraphs per each article the main ideas and findings of the article.

Here is the link to the reading material:
http://wikisend.com/download/507072/SOC300_The_Challenge_of_Third_World_Development.pdf

Please have all done by Tuesday. Thanks!
Category: Homework
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I am a Moderator for this topic. I sent your requested Professional a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online. If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.
Expert:  David L. replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for requesting me.

So does "article" refer to each section in the chapter?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
For question #2, Just reading chapter 2, then summarize it in 2 paragraphs.
Expert:  David L. replied 2 years ago.
Ok thanks. I will start work on it and post it tomorrow.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the question #1 has been added a little bit detail, please read the question #1 is as follows:

1/ Handelman discusses the hypothesis according to which some religions make it more difficult for a society to democratize. Are some religions more conducive to democracy than others?

HINT: Handelman posts the following question relevant for the discussion: "Are some religions...such as Christianity, more conducive to democracy than, say, Confucianism?" (p. 45)
Expert:  David L. replied 2 years ago.
Ok thanks.

Also, is there a length requirement for each answer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
For question #1, this is a discussion question. Just express your ideas as much as possible to present all what you know about that.
For question #2, please try to do 02 paragraphs in order to summarize whole point of views of writer in chapter 2.

As usual, please help me to response to what my 2 classmates did in the discussion question #1. I will give you these information in tomorrow.
Thanks!
Expert:  David L. replied 2 years ago.
Ok thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Another hint for question #1:

While discussing this issue, it is important to keep in mind that cultural stereotypes "are inherently controversial and often prejudiced" (Handelman, 45).
Expert:  David L. replied 2 years ago.
I apologize for the delay. I will be posting it shortly.

Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

2 friends of mine did the discussion question #1 are follows:
- Discuss the hypothesis that some religions make it more difficult for a society to democratize.The hypothesis that some religion makes it difficult for a society to democratize because of their beliefs, culture or favoritism of a society that is absolutely obedient to an authoritative figure or rule. Therefore, the low level democracy in Islamic countries is steadfast in maintaining that the Islamic beliefs do not support the democratic institution because of the failure to separate religion and politics (Handelman, p.45).
Are some religions more conducive to democracy than others? Some religions are favorable to democracy than others because certain religions or cultural traditions are more likely to support democratic values and countries with high levels of mutual tolerance and a politically informed population are more hospitable to democracy than those who are a less tolerant or less knowledgeable society (Handelman, p.45).

- I think its apparent that some religions are against a democracy as it feels it impedes with the teachings of their religion. In Afghanistan, a democracy means that women may have rights they would have not been afforded had a democracy been established. It's clear that a democracy is a conflict of interest as it relates to a lot of non-western, non English based religions.

Please let me have your ideas/comments.
Thanks!
Expert:  David L. replied 2 years ago.

Please click the link below to download the answer document:

click here

Please let me know when you have downloaded it successfully.

Thanks.
David L., Engineer
Experience: 20 years experience writing white papers, tech publications
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi my friend,

I had a problem with question # XXXXX I gave you incorrectly the reading materials to summarize.

So, If possible, please kindly read the other materials and give me your summarizing.

Please read the article #2, #27, and #35:

#2, How development leads to democracy

#27, Crying for freedom

#35, The return of continuismo?

Here is the link to reading material:

http://wikisend.com/download/231248/Chaper_2_Reading.pdf

Then summarize and present a paragraph for each article. Actually please do 03 paragraphs for 3 article readings.

Please let me have them on Saturday.

Thanks!

Expert:  David L. replied 2 years ago.
Ok, I will start work on it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please kindly try your best to have it done before 10 PM EST on Saturday July 14th. After that time, I can not submit it to my professor any more. So please do your best to help me out. Thanks!

Besides, I need your help deeply. I need a summary for chapter 1 that It does the same way with the summary chapter 2. Please help me out. I am willing to give you a bonus for this extra work.

Please read the article #1, #4, and #12:

#1, The new face of development

#4, The ideology of development

#12, The new colonialists

Here is the link to reading material:

http://wikisend.com/download/345610/Chaper_1_Reading.pdf

Please let me have them on Saturday also.

Again I really need both summaries done by 10 PM EST Sat July 14th.

Thanks!

Expert:  David L. replied 2 years ago.
Ok thanks. I will work to get them done tomorrow.
Expert:  David L. replied 2 years ago.

I am still working on them.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

For Chaper_1_Reading.pdf, please give me solution within 1/2 hour from now. I have to submit it at that time, if not, the system doesn't allow me to submit it any more.
For Chaper_2_Reading.pdf, please try your best to finish it by Sunday at noon.
please!
Expert:  David L. replied 2 years ago.

Please click the link below for the chapter 1 summary:

click here

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please keep working on chapter 2 summary and finish it soonest possible.

Please let me have it before noon of Sunday July 15th. Thanks!
Expert:  David L. replied 2 years ago.
Ok I will keep working on it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
For chapter 1 summary, my professor did response as follows:

"

Phuoc,

The weekly summaries should be based on the following book: Developing World by Robert J. Griffiths. The week 1 articles to be reviewed are:

#1, The new face of development

#4, The ideology of development

#12, The new colonialists

Please check with the syllabus and submit the correct week 1 assignment today, July 15, by 6 P.M. (EST)."

I don't know which material you use for summary. I did send you a link with the file "Chaper_1_Reading.pdf". In this file, you will see :

"the week 1 articles to be reviewed are:

#1, The new face of development

#4, The ideology of development

#12, The new colonialists"

Please read the file"Chaper_1_Reading.pdf", and help me out! Thanks!

Expert:  David L. replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.