David L.
David L., Engineer
Experience:  20 years experience writing white papers, tech publications

1. Describe the purpose of a serial interface on a router.2.

1. Describe the purpose of a serial interface on a router.

2. Explain and provide examples of four commands that may be used to configure a serial
interface on a Cisco 2621 router

3. Discuss the methods available to verify a router configuration. How can you save the router configuration? Give examples of each method.

4. Propose how you would secure a router. Provide a list of commands and their functions.

5. Using the CCNA Virtual Lab simulator, click on the Net Visualizer Screen. Select Labs from View on the menu bar.

Select Standard Labs and complete the following labs:

a. Setting Passwords
b. Saving Your Configurations
c. Encrypting Your Passwords
d. Setting Router Banners
e. Configuring Router Interfaces
f. Bringing Up An Interface
g. Configuring an IP Address on an Interface
h. Serial Interface Commands
i. Setting The Router Hostname
j. Setting Interface Descriptions
k. Verifying Your Configuration

After you have completed the labs, write a half-page summary of the various router passwords,

1. Explain and provide an example of how to define a static route. Explain when static routes would be used.

2. How do routers use the routing table to determine the best path to a destination network?

3. Explain how distance vector routing protocols update their routing table and the methods used to ensure that the information is correct.

4. Explain the importance of administrative distance in determining path selection.

5. Using the CCNA Virtual Lab simulator, click on Net Visualizer Screen. Select Labs from View on the menu bar. Select Standard Labs and then Standard Labs 5.

Complete the following labs:
a. Introduction to IP Routing with RIP
b. Configuring RIP Routing
c. Verifying RIP Routing After you have completed the labs, write a half-page summary of how to configure RIP on a router. Provide samples of the commands used to configure the router.

6. Using the CCNA Virtual Lab simulator, click on Net Visualizer Screen. Select Labs from View on the menu bar. Select Standard Labs and then Standard Labs 5.

Complete the following labs:
a. Configuring IGRP Routing

b. Verifying IGRP Routing

After you have completed the labs, write a half-page summary of how to configure IGRP on a router. Provide samples of the commands used to configure the router.

Write a short answer for each of the following topics:
1. Review a Cisco 2950 Catalyst Switch found at:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps628/prod_presentation0900aecd8
00b1dbd.html After you have reviewed the components of a catalyst switch, write a half-page
summary describing four switch components and their importance.
2. There are two primary methods of switching: layer 2 and layer 3 switching. Compare both
switching methods.
3. There are four steps necessary for a LAN design methodology to be effective. List and explain each
step.

The headquarters for your company, Acme, Inc., is located in a three-story building in New York City.
MIS and the computer room are located on the first floor. There are three file servers, an email server,
and web server. There are 10 workstations and two printers in the computer room. On the second
floor are the sales department (with 30 computers and 10 printers) and marketing department (with
25 computers and seven printers, two of which are color). On the third floor are collections (five
computers), human resources (12 computers and five printers), accounting (15 computers and three
printers), and research (14 computers and two printers).
Design a network diagram consisting of switches, servers, workstations, and printers. Use Microsoft
Visio to create your network diagram. This diagram should represent the physical layout of the
network. Please check Doc Sharing for a sample Visio diagram.

1. Why would you implement half-duplex on an Ethernet network?
2. How many collision domains are there on an Ethernet switch?
3. What are some switch commands that you can use to troubleshoot?
4. List and explain the five different spanning-tree port states.
5. Describe the purpose of STP.
6. Using the CCNA Virtual Lab simulator, click on Net Visualizer Screen. Double-click on a 3550 switch
to add it to the simulator. Double-click the switch to open a console session. Configure the switch
as follows:
a. Change the name of the switch to your first name
b. Configure a banner on the switch; create a happy message
c. Configure an enable password XXXXX the switch to Hello
d. Configure the default gateway to IP address 192.168.18.10
e. Configure the description for port fastEthernet 0/2 to say “Going to Kaplan” (no quotes on
the command)
f. Issue a show run command
g. From the menu bar select Edit, then Copy. Create a Word document called
SwitchConfig_yourname. Be sure to include this file with your assignment.

1. Your current company network includes 14 hubs (a mix of 8 and 12 ports), 2 routers, and 3 servers
to support 10 departments. Management has asked you to recommend upgrading the hubs to
switches. Which manufacturer and model switch would you recommend? What features are
available with the switch you selected? How many switches would you purchase? Discuss the
configuration needed on the switch.
2. Explain VLAN Trunking Protocol (VTP). Your answer should include the benefits of VTP, modes of
operation, and a sample switch configuration that enables VTP.
3. When planning VLANs, what information would you need to create a successful plan?
4. List and describe four commands used to create or manage a VLAN.
5. Over the weekend your company implemented VLANs in the network. The following departments
have a separate VLAN: MIS, Payroll, HR, and Research. All other departments are on the default
VLAN.
This morning there are several problems:
 Half of the Payroll department could not logon to the Payroll server.
 Bob in HR cannot see anyone else on the network.
 The Research department cannot access information from Marketing.
How would your troubleshoot each problem? What could be a solution for each problem?
6. Using the CCNA Virtual Lab simulator, click on Net Visualizer Screen. Select Labs from View on the
menu bar. Select Extended Labs and then Extended Lab 8. Complete the following labs:
a. Configuring VLANS on a 2950 Switch
b. Configuring Trunk Ports on a 2950 Switch
c. Configuring VTP Domain on a 2950 Switch

Write a half-page summary describing the configuration and the use of specific commands for these
switches.
Category: Homework
Expert:  amit.gzp786 replied 2 years ago.

amit.gzp786 :

Hi,Greeting!Thanks for contacting JustAnswer. Are you still looking for help? Contact me with details and deadline so that I can start working on this and deliver it to you within you deadline.Waiting for response.Thanks

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I dont see any answers to my questions?? All I see are the questions with no answers that i have posted? How do I view your answers to my questions?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I still need these answered ?? I need them by 7-13

Anbody here??? Did I make someone mad? LOL I need some answers =)

Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find another Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes i am waiting and need the answers as soon as possible, Ive been through this with two other moderators already LOL
Expert:  Lindie-mod replied 1 year ago.
Sometimes, finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly
Expert:  David L. replied 1 year ago.

My name is David.

I am looking through the various assignments you have posted above and it does not mention posting the lab virtualizer files. You will need those as well once completed correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks David and yes if you could provide the virtualizer files that would be great.
Expert:  David L. replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks. And just to clarify, you need it by Friday?

Also, do you still need the other question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes by friday and what other question??

Expert:  David L. replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry but I will not be able to complete both the questions and the labs by tomorrow as I will not have enough time to complete both. So I will open up this question to other experts that may be able to complete it within that time frame.

The other question to which I was referring is at the link below:

http://www.justanswer.com/expert/qa.aspx?T=11559525

It was open this morning and now appears closed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its ok can u do some of it by tomorrow and the rest over the weekend ?
Expert:  Rachel-Mod replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic. Your Professional has opted out and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find another Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For the fourth time yesSSS I am waiting on someone to answer these questions!!! WTF is this website for LOL I mean come on I have spent a week waiting for someone to take my money and answer these questions. All David had to do was answer some and then finish the rest over the weekend. I dunno if I dont get these questions answered by Sunday the 22 its gonna be really hard for me to refer this service to anyone else.
Expert:  Rachel-Mod replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the professional with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I really need these questions answered =) why doesnt anyone want to get paid and answer these ??
Expert:  David L. replied 1 year ago.

The additional time should help.

Can you tell which Unit number is XXXXX with each group of questions above?

Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it starts with unit 4 and goes through unit 8 Thanks for your help and I hope you can answer them soon =)
Expert:  David L. replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks. I will let you know if I have additional questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks so much David
Expert:  David L. replied 1 year ago.
Your welcome Smile
Expert:  David L. replied 1 year ago.

Just letting you know I am still working on finishing this up.

Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks so much, how much longer do you estimate?
Expert:  David L. replied 1 year ago.
Not sure. The labs take awhile. I will let you know as I approach the finish line.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It would be really nice if I could have some or all of these by tuesday afternoon =) I dont know if thats possible but it would be nice
Expert:  David L. replied 1 year ago.
Understood. It's a lot of work however I will have a good portion (aiming for all) done by then.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just please understand that its not that im rushing you, its just if I cant get it in by tomorrow night I am not gonna get credit for it. =)
Expert:  David L. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for letting me know and understood. Working to complete all by then.
Expert:  David L. replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
David L., Engineer
Experience: 20 years experience writing white papers, tech publications
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I go about paying you now ? its says click accept but I dont see an accept to click ? Did you give up on my other question??
Expert:  David L. replied 1 year ago.
Still working on your other question now.

To accept there is a new format using a rating structure. So if you give me a positive rating (smiley face) then I will receive credit. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
oh cause I got an email saying that they were sorry but that you couldnt answer it in time and that they would look for other experts to assist me. so I got kinda worried LOL
Expert:  David L. replied 1 year ago.
Oh ok. I will respond to that question again so they know I am still working on it. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Are you working on the 120 dollar question of mine? if you need any other info like the template for unit 10 let me know

Expert:  David L. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, and thanks. I will let you know if I need additional information.

Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is a the unit 10 template its a RSM file ??? not sure how to open it? maybe though the analyzer tool ? cant send it through here? anyway that I can email it to you ?
Expert:  David L. replied 1 year ago.

Yes, the rsm file is for the analyzer tool. Please post it at http://www.wikisend.com and then post the download link here so I can access it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Couldnt get Wiki Send to work for some reason so here is a link to another similar service.

http://www.filedropper.com/finalprojectrsmtemplate

Let me know if it works?

Expert:  David L. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, I got it.