Kathy
Kathy, Teacher
Experience:  Elementary teacher for 16 years Bilingual Spanish English and with a Psychology Masters
49749778

Exam: Help - CPT & HCPCS BASICS; Evaluation & Management Questions

Customer Question

Exam: Help - CPT & HCPCS BASICS; Evaluation & Management Questions 1 to 35: Student ID: XXXXX 1. J codes in the HCPCS Level II system are used to indicate A. durable medical equipment. B. medications and dosages. C. ambulance services. D. bandages. 2. Physician must consider multiple diagnoses and management options. There is a moderate amount of data to be reviewed and the risk of complications or death is moderate. What is the level of MDM? A. High B. Moderate C. Straightforward D. Low 3. Which CPT appendix would additions, deletions, and revisions be found? A. Appendix C. B. Appendix B C. Appendix D. D. Appendix A 4. To qualify for a given level of multi-specialty examination, how many content and documentation requirements should be met? A. 3 B. 2 C. 4 D. 1 5. Chief complaint, a brief history of present illness, and a problem-specific review of systems are documented in what type of history level for E/M coding? A. Detailed. B. Expanded problem focused C. Brief. D. Comprehensive 6. A physician performs a preventive care service, the extent of the exam is determined by the A. patient's gender. B. length of time elapsed since last exam. C. patient's gender and age. D. patient's age. 7. Procedures that are experimental, newly approved, or seldom used are reported with what type of code? A. Modified. B. Variable C. Technical. D. Unlisted/Category III 8. In the index of the CPT manual, which punctuation mark between codes indicates a range of codes is available? A. Semicolon. B. Period C. Hyphen. D. Comma 9. A procedure or service not found in the CPT manual can be coded as an unlisted procedure if no category I or II exists to describe the procedure/service provided. Unlisted Service or Procedure codes end in number A. 22. B. 78. C. 21. D. 99. 10. Which of the following code sets would be used to report Evaluation and Management codes for a patient seen in the emergency room? A. 99241–99245. B. 99455–99456 C. 99251–99255. D. 99281–99288 11. What type of code includes all the words that describe the procedure the code represents? A. Stand-alone. B. Isolated C. Complete. D. Developed 12. CPT stands for which of the following? A. Current Procedural Terms. B. Current Procedure Terminology C. Current Physician Terminology. D. Current Procedural Terminology 13. The letter __ designates a temporary HCPCS Level II code for durable medical equipment only. A. K. B. G C. Q. D. J 14. List of all CPT modifiers used to alter or modify codes may be found in which CPT Appendix? A. Appendix E. B. Appendix A C. Appendix C. D. Appendix D 15. Mr. Smith presents to the Emergency Department at the local hospital for chest pain and is seen by the ED physician on duty. The physician obtains an extended HPI, an extended ROS, and a pertinent PFSH. What is the level of history? A. Problem-focused. B. Comprehensive C. Expanded problem-focused. D. Detailed 16. A __ is a hospital-based physician who only sees patients in the hospital and assumes the responsibility of the primary care physician for hospitalized patients. A. specialty care physician. B. PA C. internist. D. hospitalist 17. What does a modifier do? A. Subtracts from the definition of the code. B. Adds to the CPT code number C. Increases third-party payer reimbursement. D. Provides additional information to the third-party payer 18. Which of the following range of codes is located in the Evaluation and Management section of the CPT manual? A. 99201–99450. B. 80600–88999 C. 89000–89999. D. 90001–90699 19. An attending physician asks a specialist to see a patient about a specific problem and to advise him regarding treatment. This situation is called a A. referral. B. confirmatory consultation. C. transfer of care. D. consultation. 20. Surgical assistant provides service (an extra set of hands) to the primary surgeon during a surgical procedure. The assistant surgeon's services are reported using the same codes as the primary surgeon's, but with modifier A. 82. B. 80. C. 59. D. 78. 21. Modifier -58, staged or related procedure or service by the same physician during the postoperative period, is used to indicate that A. services that are usually bundled into one payment were provided as separate services. B. a subsequent surgery was planned at the time of the first surgery. C. a service was repeated. D. a patient was taken back to the operating room for surgical treatment of a complication resulting from a previous surgery. 22. The ___ medical decision-making category includes minimal diagnoses, minimal complexity of data, and minimal risk of complications. A. simple. B. straightforward C. uncomplex. D. low complexity 23. Modifier -51, Multiple Procedure, is used on what type of services? A. E/M. B. Radiology C. Surgery. D. Anesthesia 24. What year was CPT first developed and published? A. 1967. B. 1983 C. 1966. D. 1970 25. Who publishes CPT? A. AMA. B. HHS C. CMS. D. WHO Question 16 thru 35 later
Category: Homework
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I’m a Moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I am still waiting for an answer and I still have other questions to post.
Expert:  Kathy replied 2 years ago.
Your answers are attached for your comparison. Please let me know if you have any further questions related to your posting before rating my answer. Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Rest of my exam questions

26. When a neonate or infant is not considered critically ill but still needs intensive observation and other

intensive care services, the initial and continuing intensive care services codes are

A. 99466–99467.

B. 99499, unlisted evaluation and management services.

C. 99477–99480.

D. 99468–99476.

27. How many main sections are in the CPT manual?

A. 10

B. 6

C. 7

D. 9

28. Which category number or level codes represent services and procedures that have been approved by

the FDA and have been proven to have clinical effectiveness?

A. Category III

B. Category IV

C. Category II

D. Category I

29. In which CPT appendix would all modifiers be found?

A. Appendix D

B. Appendix C

C. Appendix B

D. Appendix A

30. What is Modifier -52, reduced services, used for?

A. To indicate that the procedure was terminated at the request of the patient.

B. It changes the description of the code.

C. To indicate that a service was discontinued.

D. To indicate that a service was reduced without changing the definition of the code.

31. When a range of CPT codes are given in the index, this range is indicated by which symbol?

A. Hyphen

B. Colon

C. Brackets

D. Comma

32.Which of the following types of examination is limited to an affected body area or organ system and other related organ systems?

A. Comprehensive

B. Detailed

C.Expanded problem focused

D. Problem focused

33. Modifier -59, distinct procedure service, is used to indicate that

A. a service was repeated.

B. a patient was taken back to the operating room for surgical treatment of a complication resulting from a previous surgery.

C. a subsequent surgery was planned or staged at the time of the first surgery.

D. services that are usually bundled into one payment were provided as separate services.

34. Which of the following modifiers would be used to indicate the same procedure was performed on both hands?

A. -51

D. -59

35. The reason given by a patient for seeking health care is referred to as the

A. brief history.

B. primary diagnosis.

C. morbidity factor.

D. chief complaint.

B. -50C. -76

Expert:  Kathy replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you very much for your help Kathy. I did a self exam on all the questions I sent to you. I missed 5 of them so once again thank you for your help. I would like to contact you again before my next test. Would that be okay.
Expert:  Kathy replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Kathy, Teacher
Experience: Elementary teacher for 16 years Bilingual Spanish English and with a Psychology Masters
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Kathy, are you the same person that helped me with my last exam. If so yes please. I was not sure how to send these new questions to you.
Expert:  Kathy replied 2 years ago.
Yes, I did assist with your previous exam. I am almost done with your questions. I will post your answers within the next 15 minutes. Thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry replied to you on the wrong question
Expert:  Kathy replied 2 years ago.
No problem ready. Posting the answers under the correct link. Thanks