Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
22285537

In the keyword search on EDSeeks Home page, enter the following

In the keyword search on EDSeek's Home page, enter the following statement: theor* AND dinosaur* AND extinct*. Based on the results from this search, choose the best answer to this question. 1. Which article title represents a citation under the News results? A. "Princeton Paleontologist Produces Evidence for New Theory on Dinosaur Extinction" B. "Second Crater Points to Killer Comets" C. "Extinctions Tied to Impact from Space" D. "Chunk of Death-Dealing Asteroid Found" 2. Which of the following is a primary source? A. An encyclopedia article citing events from the 1880s and giving a list of works cited B. A newspaper article published in the 1980s that reports on an event in the 1880s C. A recently published history book that cites diaries and letters from the 1880s D. Diaries and letters from the 1880s published in a recent book that is a collection of diaries and letters from the 1880s 3. Which of the following ways of incorporating an idea from a journal article into your research paper is considered best for expressing that entire idea in your own words? A. Paraphrase B. Quote C. Summarize D. Copy and paste Access the Library of Congress library catalog at http://catalog.loc.gov and read the Basic Search Tips. Then, find the information to answer the question. 4. What year was the oldest copy of Ralph Ellison's Going to the Territory published? A. 1995 B. 1952 C. 1987 D. 1986 Using online and print reference sources that have been covered in this study unit, answer the following question. 5. Lady's Slippers belong to what flower family? A. Figwort (Scrophulariaceae) B. Orchid (Orchidaceae) C. Nightshade (Solanaceae) D. Jewelweed (Balsaminaceae) To answer this question, access the Penn Foster student library using the link on your personal student home page. Do not ask the librarian for answers to the question. 6. In which section of the library is the link "Evaluating Information on the Web"? A. Guidebooks and Tips B. EDSeek C. Subject Guides D. Virtual Reference Room Access the Library of Congress library catalog at http://catalog.loc.gov and read the Basic Search Tips. Then, find the information to answer the question. 7. What are the subject headings for the 2002 edition of Invisible Man? A. Ellison, Ralph. Invisible man B. African Americans in literature—Outlines, syllabi, etc. C. African American men—Fiction D. American literature—History and criticism Access the Library of Congress library catalog at http://catalog.loc.gov and read the Basic Search Tips. Then, find the information to answer the question. 8. Identify the publisher and the number of pages for Ellison's 2002 edition of Invisible Man. A. Random House, Inc., 439 pp B. Modern Library, 290 pp C. Gollancz, 439 pp D. Vintage International, 581 pp In the keyword search on EDSeek's Home page, enter the following statement: theor* AND dinosaur* AND extinct*. Based on the results from this search, choose the best answer to this question. 9. In the article, "How Lethal Was the K-T Impact?" by Richard A. Kerr and Virginia Morell, what is listed as part of the related subject matter? A. Mexico B. Asteroids C. Science D. Palentology Using online and print reference sources that have been covered in this study unit, answer the following question. 10. Find the total land area of Belarus. A. 106,700 sq km B. 80,200 sq km C. 207,600 sq km D. 10,322,151 sq km Using the Internet and the search skills you've learned in this study unit, answer the following question. You may wish to use search engines, meta-search engines, or virtual reference collections discussed in the study unit. 11. When did the U.S. purchase Alaska and how much did it cost? A. 1912, $7.2 million B. 1867, $7.2 million C. 1959, $7.2 billion D. 1967, $7.2 billion Using the Internet and the search skills you've learned in this study unit, answer the following question. You may wish to use search engines, meta-search engines, or virtual reference collections discussed in the study unit. 12. According to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service's list of endangered species, the grus Americana belongs to which species group? A. Ferns and fern allies B. Invertebrate animals C. Nonflowering plants D. Birds To answer this question, access the Penn Foster student library using the link on your personal student home page. Do not ask the librarian for answers to the question. 13. Use one of the sources available in the Almanacs and Yearbooks section to identify the approximate time of sunrise in Anchorage, Alaska, on December 25, 2015. (Hint: Check the source's Astronomy section.) A. 11:30 A.M. B. 9:45 A.M. C. 8:10 A.M. D. 10:15 A.M. 14. Utilizing the publication search function on EDSeek's Home page, which of the following companies publishes Pediatric Nursing? A. Jannetti Publications, Inc. B. Elsevier Science Publishers C. Advanstar Communications, Inc. D. Royal College of Nursing Publishing Company
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.

HelloCustomer

Here are the answers for comparison with your own.

1. C. "Extinctions Tied to Impact from Space"

2. D. Diaries and letters from the 1880s published in a recent book that is a collection of diaries and letters from the 1880s

3. A. Paraphrase

4. D. 1986

5. B. Orchid (Orchidaceae)

6. A. Guidebooks and Tips

7. C. African American men-Fiction

8. A. Random House, Inc., 439

9. B. Asteroids

10. C. 207,600 sq km

11. B. 1867, $7.2 million

12. D. Birds

13. D. 10:15 A.M.

14. A. Jannetti Publications, Inc.

Hope this helps!

Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience: Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thank you for answers, can you pleas help me with this last 5 more?

15. Which of the following sets of Dewey Decimal call numbers is in the correct order?
A. 010.1 ABR, 004.15 KWA, 100.01 PRO, 100.1 BLU
B. 004.15 KWA, 010.1 ABR, 100.01 PRO, 100.1 BLU
C. 100.1 BLU, 010.1 ABR, 004.15 KWA, 100.01 PRO
D. 100.01 PRO, 100.1 BLU, 010.1 ABR, 004.15 KWA
Access the Library of Congress library catalog at http://catalog.loc.gov and read the Basic Search
Tips. Then, find the information to answer the question.
16. What is the call number of the oldest copy of Ellison's Shadow and Act?
A. PS3555.L625 E6 1986
B. PS153.N5 E4 1964
C. PS153.N5 E4 1995
D. PS3555.L625 G6 1964
Using the Internet and the search skills you've learned in this study unit, answer the following
question. You may wish to use search engines, meta-search engines, or virtual reference collections
discussed in the study unit.
17. Who said, "It isn't necessary to have relatives in Kansas City in order to be unhappy?"
A. Whoopi Goldberg
B. Woody Allen
C. Groucho Marx
D. Will Rogers
To answer this question, access the Penn Foster student library using the link on your personal
student home page. Do not ask the librarian for answers to the question.
18. Which of the following sections of EDSeek is most helpful in providing possible keywords related to
your topic?
A. Browse Subjects
B. Help
C. Browse Publications
D. Home
19. Using one of the resources in the Library's Subject Guides, find the active ingredient in the prescription
drug Zithromax.
A. Levothyroxine
End of exam
B. Digoxin
C. Amoxicillin
D. Azithromycin
discussed in the study unit.
20. Who was awarded the Ethics in Government Award in 1995?
A. Nelson Mandela
B. Paul Sarbanes
C. John McCain
D. Archibald Cox

Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work