Susan Athena
Susan Athena, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience:  10+ yrs teaching & tutoring. AP essay grader. 2 masters degrees. English, IT, business.
12809769

050222RR

1. Suppose that you're going to interview someone in preparation for writing a research paper on teachingtechniques for macroeconomics. For this topic, who would be the best person to interview?A. An economistB. A professor of macroeconomicsC. The president of a universityD. A student in a macroeconomics course2. What should you do if you can't find all the needed elements for an MLA citation of an Internet source?A. Omit a citation for the source.B. Contact the Web site to get the missing information.C. Make up the missing information.D. List the information that you do find in the normal order and format.3. Which of the following is a correct example of an MLA-style citation?A. Henley, Patty, the Hummingbird house. Denver, Colorado: MacMurray Press, 1999B. Henley, Patricia. The Hummingbird House. Denver: MacMurray, 1999. Print.C. 1999. Henley, Patricia. The Hummingbird House. Denver, MacMurray, 1999.D. Henley, P. (1999). The hummingbird house. Denver, CO: MacMurray.4. Why is it helpful to search for a bibliography on a topic?A. Once you complete the basic bibliography search, you're finished finding sources.B. A bibliography provides only books you can use as sources.C. A bibliography search normally isn't helpful.D. A bibliography can provide you with a list of various sources on your topic.5. Which of the following is an example of a secondary source?A. XXXXX XXXXX's letters to his editorB. An interview with XXXXX XXXXXC. A biography of XXXXX XXXXXD. A novel by XXXXX XXXXX6. Which of the following is a true statement about an MLA Works Cited page?A. The Works Cited page requires no special formatting.B. The Works Cited page should immediately follow the conclusion and be on the same page.C. The Works Cited page should contain any information you found when completing research.D. The Works Cited page should be alphabetized.7. In which of the following situations would paraphrasing be useful and ethical?A. You don't fully understand what the author is saying.B. You want to change the author's meaning.C. You want to use an author's idea but don't wish to quote the author directly.D. You wish to make it seem as if the author's ideas are yours.8. What should you include in a keyword search when you wish broaden the search and find anydocuments containing at least one of a list of two or more terms?A. ORB. NOTC. ANDD. *9. In the Web address http://www.pennfoster.edu/career-services.html, what is the server name?A. http:B. .htmlC. www.pennfoster.eduD. career-services10. Which of the following is a false statement about an APA References page?A. You should put the list on a separate page at the end of your paper.B. You should organize the list according to publication date, with the oldest date first.C. You should double-space the entire list.D. You should italicize titles of books and names of journals.11. Why should academic writers use the third-person point of view for a research paper?A. This point of view allows you to be more objective in your writing.B. This point of view limits your credibility.C. When using this point of view, you can easily switch to a different point of view.D. This point of view keeps your writing simple.12. What is the difference between a bibliography and an annotated bibliography?A. An annotated bibliography includes handwritten notes in the margins.B. An annotated bibliography doesn't need to be in any special format.C. An annotated bibliography includes a brief summary of each source's content and focus.D. It's easier and faster to complete an annotated bibliography.13. Which of the following is an example of opinion?A. The Canadian men's hockey team won the gold medal in the 2010 Winter Olympics.B. Organic food should be made more affordable.C. Abraham Lincoln presented the Gettysburg Address on November 19, 1863.D. The color blue sometimes signifies sadness or depression.14. Which of the following would not be considered plagiarism?A. Summarizing source information and including a citation on the Works Cited pageB. Using graphs, tables, diagrams that someone else created, without citing themC. Submitting an essay that a friend submitted several years agoD. Acknowledging a source when directly quoting but not including quotation marks15. Why is it better to rely on information from scholarly journals, not magazines, in academic writing?A. Authors in scholarly journals are generally specialists in their field.B. Magazines are entertaining, which means they can't be educational.C. Scholarly journals are more difficult to find.D. Scholarly journals are more entertaining, magazines are more reliable16. What can an assumption do to an essay?A. An assumption can strengthen a thesis.B. An assumption can give a writer something to base the rest of the essay on.C. An assumption can cause an essay to present incorrect information and ideas.D. An assumption can make an argument more valid.17. It is helpful to use keywords when searching for ideas related to your subject because doing soA. provides exact results.B. can lead you to other, more refined topics within your subject.C. allows you to finish your research after one single search.D. enables you to avoid plagiarism.18. Which of the following do you not normally need to take into consideration when determining if anauthor is biased?A. The tone of the writingB. The author's background and its effects on the writingC. The descriptive and connotative language used in the writingD. Your age as a reader19. Of the following, which system of note-taking would be the most appropriate to use while doingresearch for a paper?A. Copying and pasting source text to use, without citation, within the final paperB. Memorizing information for each sourceC. Highlighting all unfamiliar terms within each sourceD. Making a notecard for each sourceEnd of exam20. Which of the following does not need to be included when citing a nonperiodical source from the Webin MLA style?A. The title of the cited workB. The time of day the site was accessedC. The publisher or sponsor of the siteD. The date the site was accessed
Category: Homework
Expert:  Susan Athena replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Experience: 10+ yrs teaching & tutoring. AP essay grader. 2 masters degrees. English, IT, business.