Bizhelp
Bizhelp, CPA
Experience:  Bachelors Degree and CPA with Accounting work experience

1. (TCOs 1, 2, 4, 6) What concept within ethics is applied

20. (TCO 1) What is the moral ideal of justice? (Points : 5)

Acts of mercy beyond what is required
Making decisions in order to build friendships
Meeting legal requirements
Evaluation of situations according to their merits
Meeting the terms of the Social Contract

Category: Homework
Expert:  Bizhelp replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for the question.

The answer is

Hope this helps!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I need all questions answered not just one
Expert:  Bizhelp replied 2 years ago.
I only see one question above. How many did you have? Please provide all the questions.
Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

1. (TCOs 1, 2, 4, 6) What concept within ethics is applied in the following sentence: "Our duty is to follow rules that we could consistently consider to be universal laws—that is, rules that we would be willing to have followed by all people in all circumstances." (Points : 5)
Ethical Egoism
Utilitarianism
Kant's Categorical Imperative
Social Contract Theory
Objectivism

2. (TCOs 1, 2, 4, 6) Ayn Rand's Theory of Objectivism claims status as a theory of ethics because of what factor? (Points : 5)
It describes realistically what happens around us
It is a scientific description of human behavior
It attaches our actions to those of other people
It tells what we should do
It tells how we relate to the physical world

3. (TCOs 1, 2, 4, 6) "We ought to do whatever will promote the greatest happiness for the greatest number." This is an example of what? (Points : 5)
Ethical Egoism
Utilitarianism
Kant's Categorical Imperative
Social Contract Theory
Gilligan

4.
(TCOs 1, 2, 4, 6) John Locke, as a Social Contract theorist, is said to have been the most influential person who was not actually present at the table when what document was written?
(Points : 5)
The Articles of Confederation
The Declaration of Independence
The Magna Carta
The Constitution
The Treaty of Westphalia

5. (TCOs 8) Animal sentience is demonstrated by all the following except which one? (Points : 5)
Consciousness
Awareness
Response to external painful stimuli
Animatedness
Emotive response

6. (TCOs 5, 6) The single criterion for making decisions in deontological ethics is what? (Points : 5)
The best interest of the person making decisions
The development of personal habits
The benefits that accrue to community
The rule or principle to be applied
To account for all possible outcomes

7. (TCOs 3, 4) Kant said that the only thing "good without qualification" is what? (Points : 5)
The best interests of all concerned
Acts of mercy
The amount of happiness produced
Personal virtues
A good will

8. (TCOs 1, 5) Syllogisms in formal deductive logic are called "sound" when the premises are true and the syllogism: (Points : 5)
is written in the present tense
can then be declared "valid" in form.
includes the word "therefore."
has already been determined to be "valid" in form.
follows a standard form.

9. (TCOs 3, 5, 7) Ethical dilemmas are difficult and painful primarily because of what? (Points : 5)
Choices are unclear or confusing.
Consequences of choices are unclear or unknown.
The costs of choosing wrong are often very high.
By choosing one option, the others are lost.
So many people are afraid of choosing wrongly.

10. (TCOs 2, 3) What is the role of conscience as Thomas Aquinas sees it? (Points : 5)
To teach ethical principles
To disclose and build religious faith
To enable rational thought about consequences
To align personal ethics with those of others
To guide actions through a view of right and wrong

11. (TCOs 1, 5) Prescriptive language in ethics is often characterized by what common word? (Points : 5)
Right
Proper
Best
Possible
Should

12. (TCO 7) In personal or organizational conflict, what benefits accrue to all parties when a leader or consultant employees one of the ethical conflict resolution models of Week 6? (Points : 5)
Objectives of what winning the conflict means get refined and better understood
Conflict management gets slowed down and settled.
Conflict can be handled in a sequential, step-by-step manner
Parties can be reconciled without solving the issues
Personal relationships can be separated from issues

13. (TCO 2) The Social Contract theorist whose troubled childhood was most clearly reflected in his theories was who? (Points : 5)
Thomas Aquinas
Thomas Jefferson
Jean-Jacques Rousseau
Thomas Hobbes
John Locke

14. (TCOs 4, 6) Aristotle's Ethics of Virtue have found modern application for business and industry through what practice? (Points : 5)
Resolution models applications
Goals and objectives
Core values of organizations
Business models
Professional codes of discipline

15. (TCOs 5, 8) The idea that the assisted suicide of terminally ill patients should be allowed or assisted for the greater happiness of all concerned reflects what type of ethics? (Points : 5)
Aristotle's Doctrine of the Mean
Kant's Categorical Imperative (in the 2nd Formulation)
Thomas Aquinas's concept of conscience
Rand's concept of self-interest
Mill's Principle of Utility

16. (TCO 7) Professional societies with codes of ethics and conduct enforce what standard on members beyond the paying of dues? (Points : 5)
Not to engage in other businesses for profit outside of the profession
Personal standards of behavior for family members
Pricing structures for services
Non-competition among members
Meeting ethical and competency standards in order to practice within a jurisdiction

17. (TCO 2) Aristotle's Ethical Doctrine of the Mean measured personal virtues on a scale that included the virtue itself, the excess of it, and the deficiency of it.
If the virtue is GENEROSITY, and the excess is WASTEFULNESS, what is the deficiency?
(Points : 5)
Carefulness
There is no deficiency
Being broke (having no money)
Stinginess
Moderation

18. (TCOs 4, 6) The Latin term a priori describes the origin of knowledge developed rationally, and the term a posteriori describes knowledge developed through observation and experience. What is produced through a priori rational thought that applies to ethics? (Points : 5)
Analysis systems
Principles of ethics
Concern for outcomes
Emotions
Subjective sense of identity

19. (TCO 4, 5) One of the common errors in Ethics is that of the double standard. Double standard consists of what? (Points : 5)
Discriminating in the application of ethical criteria based on our own preferences
Setting aside ethical criteria in special cases
Taking steps to avoid condemnation of others
Using one set of criteria for judging cases concerning ourselves and another for all others
Suspending judgment when concerned that the consequences would be too severe

Acts of mercy beyond what is required
Meeting legal requirements

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can you please send me what answers you have in 15 mintues? Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My time is running down. Can you please send the answers you have right now?
Expert:  Bizhelp replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Bizhelp, CPA
Experience: Bachelors Degree and CPA with Accounting work experience
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can you answer 5 and 8?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have 8 minutes left
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
6minutes.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
3 minutes.if you have an answers going head and send it. Thank you. the answers helped
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
1minute
Expert:  Bizhelp replied 2 years ago.
OK,

5. animatedness

I'm not sure about #8.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How do I pay you?
Expert:  Bizhelp replied 2 years ago.

Thanks but I have already received credit for this work since the rating was a 3 or better. So you don't need to do anything else.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank you