Bizhelp
Bizhelp, CPA
Experience:  Bachelors Degree and CPA with Accounting work experience
23848519

1. (TCOs 1, 2, 4, 6) What concept within ethics is applied

Customer Reply

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

1. (TCOs 1, 2, 4, 6) What concept within ethics is applied in the following sentence: "Our duty is to follow rules that we could consistently consider to be universal laws—that is, rules that we would be willing to have followed by all people in all circumstances." (Points : 5)
A. Ethical Egoism
B. Utilitarianism
C. Kant's Categorical Imperative
D. Social Contract Theory
E. Objectivism

2. (TCOs 1, 2, 4, 6) Ayn Rand's Theory of Objectivism claims status as a theory of ethics because of what factor? (Points : 5)
A. It describes realistically what happens around us
B. It is a scientific description of human behavior
C. It attaches our actions to those of other people
D. It tells what we should do
E. It tells how we relate to the physical world

3. (TCOs 1, 2, 4, 6) "We ought to do whatever will promote the greatest happiness for the greatest number." This is an example of what? (Points : 5)
A. Ethical Egoism
B. Utilitarianism
C. Kant's Categorical Imperative
D. Social Contract Theory
E. Gilligan

4.
(TCOs 1, 2, 4, 6) John Locke, as a Social Contract theorist, is said to have been the most influential person who was not actually present at the table when what document was written?
(Points : 5)
A. The Articles of Confederation
B. The Declaration of Independence
C. The Magna Carta
D. The Constitution
E. The Treaty of Westphalia

5. (TCOs 8) Animal sentience is demonstrated by all the following except which one? (Points : 5)
A. Consciousness
B. Awareness
C. Response to external painful stimuli
D. Animatedness
E. Emotive response

6. (TCOs 5, 6) The single criterion for making decisions in deontological ethics is what? (Points : 5)
A. The best interest of the person making decisions
B. The development of personal habits
C. The benefits that accrue to community
D. The rule or principle to be applied
E. To account for all possible outcomes

7. (TCOs 3, 4) Kant said that the only thing "good without qualification" is what? (Points : 5)
A. The best interests of all concerned
B. Acts of mercy
C. The amount of happiness produced
D. Personal virtues
E. A good will

8. (TCOs 1, 5) Syllogisms in formal deductive logic are called "sound" when the premises are true and the syllogism: (Points : 5)
A. Is written in the present tense
B. Can then be declared "valid" in form.
C. Includes the word "therefore."
D. Has already been determined to be "valid" in form.
E. Follows a standard form.

9. (TCOs 3, 5, 7) Ethical dilemmas are difficult and painful primarily because of what? (Points : 5)
A. Choices are unclear or confusing.
B. Consequences of choices are unclear or unknown.
C. The costs of choosing wrong are often very high.
D. By choosing one option, the others are lost.
E. So many people are afraid of choosing wrongly.

10. (TCOs 2, 3) What is the role of conscience as Thomas Aquinas sees it? (Points : 5)
A. To teach ethical principles
B. To disclose and build religious faith
C. To enable rational thought about consequences
D. To align personal ethics with those of others
E. To guide actions through a view of right and wrong

11. (TCOs 1, 5) Prescriptive language in ethics is often characterized by what common word? (Points : 5)
A. Right
B. Proper
C. Best
D. Possible
E. Should

12. (TCO 7) In personal or organizational conflict, what benefits accrue to all parties when a leader or consultant employees one of the ethical conflict resolution models of Week 6? (Points : 5)
A. Objectives of what winning the conflict means get refined and better understood
B. Conflict management gets slowed down and settled.
C. Conflict can be handled in a sequential, step-by-step manner
D. Parties can be reconciled without solving the issues
E. Personal relationships can be separated from issues

13. (TCO 2) The Social Contract theorist whose troubled childhood was most clearly reflected in his theories was who? (Points : 5)
A. Thomas Aquinas
B. Thomas Jefferson
C. Jean-Jacques Rousseau
D. Thomas Hobbes
E. John Locke

14. (TCOs 4, 6) Aristotle's Ethics of Virtue have found modern application for business and industry through what practice? (Points : 5)
A. Resolution models applications
B. Goals and objectives
C. Core values of organizations
D. Business models
E. Professional codes of discipline

15. (TCOs 5, 8) The idea that the assisted suicide of terminally ill patients should be allowed or assisted for the greater happiness of all concerned reflects what type of ethics? (Points : 5)
A. Aristotle's Doctrine of the Mean
B. Kant's Categorical Imperative (in the 2nd Formulation)
C. Thomas Aquinas's concept of conscience
D. Rand's concept of self-interest
E. Mill's Principle of Utility

16. (TCO 7) Professional societies with codes of ethics and conduct enforce what standard on members beyond the paying of dues? (Points : 5)
A. Not to engage in other businesses for profit outside of the profession
B. Personal standards of behavior for family members
C. Pricing structures for services
D. Non-competition among members
E. Meeting ethical and competency standards in order to practice within a jurisdiction

17. (TCO 2) Aristotle's Ethical Doctrine of the Mean measured personal virtues on a scale that included the virtue itself, the excess of it, and the deficiency of it.
If the virtue is GENEROSITY, and the excess is WASTEFULNESS, what is the deficiency?
(Points : 5)
A. Carefulness
B. There is no deficiency
C. Being broke (having no money)
D. Stinginess
E. Moderation

18. (TCOs 4, 6) The Latin term a priori describes the origin of knowledge developed rationally, and the term a posteriori describes knowledge developed through observation and experience. What is produced through a priori rational thought that applies to ethics? (Points : 5)
A. Analysis systems
B. Principles of ethics
C. Concern for outcomes
D. Emotions
E. Subjective sense of identity

19. (TCO 4, 5) One of the common errors in Ethics is that of the double standard. Double standard consists of what? (Points : 5)
A. Discriminating in the application of ethical criteria based on our own preferences
B. Setting aside ethical criteria in special cases
C. Taking steps to avoid condemnation of others
D. Using one set of criteria for judging cases concerning ourselves and another for all others
E. Suspending judgment when concerned that the consequences would be too severe

20. (TCO 1) What is the moral ideal of justice? (Points : 5)
A. Acts of mercy beyond what is required
B. Making decisions in order to build friendships
C. Meeting legal requirements
D. Evaluation of situations according to their merits
E. Meeting the terms of the Social Contract

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
My time is running down. Can you please send the answers you have right now?
Expert:  Bizhelp replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Bizhelp, CPA
Experience: Bachelors Degree and CPA with Accounting work experience
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Okay, thank you!