Dr. Steve
Dr. Steve, Tutor
Experience:  Ph.D., M.A., B.A.

Dear Dr Steve i need your help with a project u have been very

Customer Question

Dear Dr Steve i need your help with a project u have been very helpful in the pass i hope u can come through for me this time.Preschool Observation Choose two preschool children of the same chronological age _either two 3-years-olds or two4-years-olds.Observe each of these children for at least 30 minuts per child using the five developmental categories_physical,cognitive, social,emotional, and language.use the chat at the end of the this assignment to record two to four observations under each category for each child. to maintain confidentiality,identify the children by age and number only, such as ofllowing; '"Child 1 _Two years of age" and "Child two 2_Two years of age. "After you gathered notes of your obseverations and have edited and proofread them, prepare a net copy for submission. Part 1 Narrative Summary Summarize your observations in a narrative form for each child per each developmental category. Identify the differing abilities between the two subject and provided a possible explanation for these developmental differences. Part 2 Activity plan plan and implement an activity thats appropriate for both children in your field setting.(1)Name and brief description of the activity (2) Purpose/Objective of the activity.(Concepts, skills, attitudes that you've designed this activity to teach or develop. Why is this activity appropriate for both children?) (3) Space and materials needed (4) Procedure. (Step-by-step description of the activity.Describe how you'll get started, what you'll be doing sequentially, how you'll end the activity, how you'll help the children make a smooth transition to the next activity) (5) Guidance. (Establish necessary limits for behavior and boundaries of activity. Anticipate problems that may occur during this activity and consider ways to handle them.(6) Evaluation and follow-up.(How will you evaluate whether or not your activity was effective? List any follow-up activity that tou might want to provide to the children.)
Category: Homework
Expert:  Danielle-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I am a Moderator for this topic. I sent your requested Professional a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online. If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.
Expert:  Dr. Steve replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your request. Hope all is well. Please let me know when the project is due.

Best regards,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
sorry i didn't get back to u sooner. its due next week friday also i have 2 more project i hope u can help me with thanks i will post them and u can work on it when u finish the first one thanks again for ur help. and yes all is well thank for asking
Expert:  Dr. Steve replied 2 years ago.

Is there a total word count that you have in mind for the project? There a appears to be quite a few steps and different procedures involved.

Speak to you soon,
Expert:  Dr. Steve replied 2 years ago.
Below is the question I sent regarding this posting:

Speak to you soon,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no just that the answer for observations has to be written in a Narrative form.
Expert:  Dr. Steve replied 2 years ago.
I will be sure to do so.

Best regards,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank u
Expert:  Dr. Steve replied 2 years ago.
You are welcome.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dr Steve here project #2 The subject is A Guidance Approach for the Encouraging Classroom Part 1: the Learning Environment (1) How do i get my class to sit quietly during circle time?(2) Why do the children always run around in the classroom?(3) Why do the children grab materials from each other? (4)why are he chldren so restless> Or exhausted? Or listless? (50 why are the children fight so much in my classroom Carefully read the following scenario and the classroom diagram: You're the lead preschool teacher in a daycare center. the daycare facility where u teach is expanding. It has recently hired another preschool teacher to run a sac and classroom. It's his first year teaching, and you;ve volunteered to be his mentor. After creating his classroom-management plan and organizing his environment, he ask if you have any advice for him. After reviewing the diagram that fallows, compose a 150-200 word essay respond offering at least three appropriate changes to the room layout. Be sure to fully explain why you would make the changes you suggest. there is the layout of the classroom diagram draw a square to top left there is a circle that say Circle time right below it there is a small square that say Writing center right under that there is a another big square that say Carpeted area Art Center Sand and water table in the middle top there is a sink are the Block area is right to it and that id the Dramatic Play under that is the Computer center anger that is the Toys and games to the right is the Library opposite that is Music and movement under the library is the Cubbies under the Music and movement is the Discovery center under that is Cooking which is nest to the entrance. Part 2: EXPECTATIONS the sam new preschool teacher has posted the following set of rules and has prepared the following procedure notice to be provided to parents. after reviewing both his rules and procedure,prepare a note to your olleaggue offering at least two appropriate changes to each The new teacher Classroom Rules (1) No hitting. (2) No running. (3)No talking in the Quiet centers. (4) no unkind words. There will be several laminated signs like this hung up around the classroom to remind children of the rules.Also, the following notice will be sent to parents of children enrolled in the class: Dear Parents, it has been my experience that clearly providing you with the expectations and procedures of my classroom help to make the class run much more effectively and smoothly. Please review the procedures outlined below with your children before the first day of school. CLASSROOM PROCEDURES: (1) Student need structure. A daily schedule will help the student to fit into a routine. If students know that snack follows centers every day, they can often better accept clean-up time. Routines help the day run smoothly. (2) Transition times can prove to be the most difficult for preschool children. To assist students in making smooth transition from one activity to another, I will use a timer to help student prepare. I will also have a clean-up song that will be play during clean0up time. Our goal is to finish cleaning up by the end of the song. (3) Unacceptable behavior wont't be ignored. Children will receive one war ing if they break one of our classroom rules. After the warning, they'll be placed in time out.The length of time they spend in time out will correlate with their age. For example, if a child is four years old. he or she will remain in time out for four minutes. After the appropriate time spent out of the group. children will be allowed to return to the activity they were involved in. PART 3: PROBLEM SOLVING Read the scenario below and prepare a respond of 200-300 words in essay format. David, a student in your preschool classroom, is playing in the dramatic-play area. After a Five-minut warning, clean-up time begins,but David continues to play in the kitchen. Roger approaches David and inform him that it's time to clean-up. David becomes angry and throw a plastic hot dog on the ground. yelling that Roger in not the boss of him. Using the intervention considerations, what would your response be? Knowing that david has the tendency to have trouble transiting, how else could you manage your classroom transitions to be more effective for David. The intervention consideration is in chapter 11 in my tex book let me know if u need it or can get it online.thank in advance
Expert:  Dr. Steve replied 2 years ago.
Yes, thank you. I think any information related to the project from your text would be very helpful.

Yours truly,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok i will read throughout the chapter and post it for u later thanks
Expert:  Dr. Steve replied 2 years ago.
Okay, thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dr Steve here is what in the intervention Considerations from chapter 11 in my tex book which is for Part 3: Problem Solving Intervention Consideration The second dynamic in a boy-friendly classroom is an intervention approach with conflicts that is responsive to boys.King(2004) also provides guidances
approach with conflicts that is responsive to boys experience conflicts. Adapting that material here, 11 guidance intervention techniques (some familiar to the reader from previous chapter) are listed. Specific suggestions for using the techniques the fallow: (1) Diagnose the conflict as best you can. Honestly determine if you know what happen or if you need more information .(sometimes accident happen during active play) Decide what level of firmness you need to use and how to show worth with firmness Boys-like all of us-do not respond well to coercion (loud scolding, threats, criticism, force removal). Ty to be authoritative rather than authoritarian in responding to conflict. The teacher will need to decide: Is this a situation that call for a guidance talk, conflict management, or a requested choice with follow-up? Teachers make these decisions quickly, sometime too quickly. Remember that the professional teacher learns even while teaching, both in the moment and in later reflection. (2) Defuse the situation. If emotions haven't hit the boiling point, the teacher work do downplay the conflict. (Using a calm voice is key) Sometimes the situation is accidental, or at least not totally intentional. The teacher points this out and informally mediates: "Denard, Epharm didn't mean to knock over your tower. He feels badly about it. I wonder how you can fix it. Maybe the two of you?" The teacher identifies and accepts emotions, so the child knows the teacher cares. Example: "Julian, it is all right to cry. That hurt when you fell over Noah's leg. You have a real owie on your knee. Let's get a band-aid for that and see how Noah is doing." (3) Use humor , the great tension reliever. Humor suggests that the adult is "in charge enough not to get up-tight," and tells boys they don't have to get "worked up" either. For example, the teacher kneels down to where two boys are quarreling and says with a smile. "You guys sound like gorillas with stomachaches over here. How about taking some tummy medicine and getting your friendly faces back on? Humor takes thinking on your feet and, for many of us. actual practice. The "jock" doesn't have o be hilarious-just enough to bring smiles-but it does have to be friendly, not laughing "at" but laughing with." (4) Calm everyone down. Neither adults nor children can resolve conflict when emotions are high. A first step is for the teacher to get calm, then help the child or children to cool down. often in boys, being upset gives way to anunwilllingness to talk; time is needed for them to calm down. sometimes the fast pace of the classroom does not allow boys the extra time they need. A "timed silence" an alternate term is "cooling-down time') provides the boy time so that he can process the upsetting event without adult interaction. When the teacher feels he is ready, she supports the boy by acknowledging his feelings, which help him feel accepted and regain composure. Again, remember that a boy may need time to "check in" with his feelings and regulate his response to the situation before resolution can happen. (5) talk in a private maker. The teacher may want to remove the boy to a private space in the classroom. private interactions protect the child from critical self-feelings as a result of being ashamed boys are likely to respond negatively to adults when they are criticized in front of their peers. For lesser conflicts, the adult might just get down to the child's eys level and speak in low tones.Speaking calmly reinforce the ideas that the child is not being made an example of and the conflict can be worked out cooperatively.(6) Stay away from threats. Threats set up power struggles that negatively affects both the teacher-child relationship and the likelihood of successful (win-win) resolution of he conflict situation. Instead, request choices that the child must make. In requesting choice, the adult poses the more desirable alternative as positively as possible, but accepts the "out-choice: if the boy makes it. TO illustrate, the adult does not say, "martin, you choose, share the counting cards, or find an activity in another area. Which will it be?" Remember that if the boy is upset about the choice, or if the boy thinks that the choice in unfair, he may leave the area. The teacher needs to be ready to accept the decision that the boy makes, and follow up with guidance talk. (7) Follow through. It is important for teachers to follow through when responding to a boy's mistaken behavior. Boys seem to be sensitive to whether or not adults do what they say they will do. When adults do not fallow through. they lose boys' respects. Boys may feel they do not have to listen because the adult appears powerless or doesn't really care. As an example, don't shout across the room for Mitchell to behave and then go on to something else. walk over, establish your presence, diagnose, and interact. Give Mitchell choices. Correct by direction> Stay with it (8) Use guidance talk, mediation, and class meetings. after emotions have cooled, the adult implement guidance talk, conflict mediation, or class meetings depending on the situation. In any of these interventions, the adult practices the five steps os social problem solving: calm everyone down, agree what the problem is, brainstorm solution, agree on one and try it. Follow up with guidance and reinforcement-informally is fine.(9) Teach boys to manage their impulses. Many young boys are impassive. When force with a difficult situation or a conflict, a boy might react by acting out. Build your relationship with the boys so he will be more apt to listen in conflict situations. a helping method is to teach the child exactly what he can say and do instead of acting out. With coaching, one child might say loudly," I am angry!" (The teacher is then over that quickly.) Another child might leave the conflict and report his feelings to the teacher ("He is making me mad") or go to a "peace island" (an area of the room set up for when a child-or adult-need a self-selected break.) Self-removal is not a cure-all, but it can help in teaching individual children to manage strong feelings. (The Responsive classroom model uses self-removal as an impulse control technique.) (10) Talk with boys about their emotions. It is important for adults to talk with boys about their emotions. Sometimes when boys appear to be angry, they are masking feelings of pain, embarrassment, or fear. Encourage boys to develop a large repertoire of labels for emotions they are feeling. Clearly, teaching about emotions and their expression goes beyond conflict intervention by teachers. The curriculum needs to have social-emotional intelligence as an educational priority-basic to learning democratic life skills.(11) Nurture boys. Boys want and need emotional connectiveness. Boys need to be cuddled, held, and responded to with kind words. They need unconditional personal regard from their teachers. When they fall or when a friend uses unkind words when talking to them, boys need the teacher to respond in a warm, caring, and nurturing manner. Even when a boy is defiant or has hurt another child, we need to let that child know he is still a fully ed to work to on a few things and it is our job to help.accepted and value member of our class. He just n
Expert:  Dr. Steve replied 2 years ago.
Thank you -- and have a good evening.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi DR steve can u let me know when my project will be ready thanks
Expert:  Dr. Steve replied 2 years ago.
Good evening,

I had scheduled the first project to be completed on Friday (tomorrow) -- and the second project completed by this Sunday. For Project 1, you had instructed me to have the assignment completed by Friday; therefore, I planned for about two additional days for project 2 (to be completed this Sunday). Will this work for you?

Speak to you soon,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thank u so much for helping me talk to u later i will try to post project #3 for u tomorrow so u can work on it when u finish with #2
Expert:  Dr. Steve replied 2 years ago.
I will keep an eye out for your post.

Yours truly,
Expert:  Dr. Steve replied 2 years ago.
I am just dropping a line to let you know that I am continuing the work on your report and should have it posted within the next 3 hours.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok I'm posting project #3 for you subject is Creating Environments for Learning. Project is LEARNING CENTER DESIGN. A learning center is a self-contained area with a variety of hands-on materials organizes around a specific curriculum area. Learning centers can also be referred to as learning stations, interest areas, activity areas, or work stations. Almost every early childhood classroom is arrange to accommodate learning centers. we choose this form of room arrangement because the use of learning centers is consistent with early childhood philosophy. having these centers readily available in the classroom provides an environment conducive to preschool learning. For this project you will design a learning center that could be used in a preschool classroom. You'll select one of the following areas- Manipulative,block, or Dramatic play-and create a high-quality learning center to use in an early childhood classroom. Your design must meet the following criteria: (1) Is the purpose of the center evident to targeted children? (2) Is the center inviting and aesthetically pleasing? (3) is there an abundance of materials-enougth so that children don't have to wait or get stymied in their attempts to create? (4) Are materials developmentally appropriate, providing challenges but not being so difficult that children become frustrated? (5) Are the materials for a wide range of developmental levels? (6) If the materials are closed ended, are they self-correcting? (7) Do the materials reflect cultural diversity? (8) Are there materials that reflect the lives of children with disabilities?(9) Are materials anti-biased? (10) Are materials readily available and in reach of the children? (11) Are materials organized? (12) Are shelves labeled so children can find items and know where to put them away? INSTRUCTIONS 1 Create a diagram of the classroom indicating where the center will be located 2 Begin designing your center. including the center assessment checklists provided for the chosen area. 3 Create a list on materials that you plan tin cloud and a basic diagram of the layout of your center. 4 Write a 500.- word. essay(minimum) about your learning center design. Include the following points in your essay: which center you choose to develop and why what items are included and why they are included How materials are displayed How materials are stored Your plan for changing and updating learning materials in the center.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
for project # XXXXX they say u can in cloud a photo of a class room if u design one i have some photo from the classroom where i did a two hours i can email that for u if u want u can give me a email address and for the assessment checklist provided i will go throughout my tex book and send you a list a litter later let me know that
Expert:  Dr. Steve replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the new posting. I will have the first project completed within the next two hours at the latest.

Speak to you soon,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok thank u again take your time no rush
Expert:  Dr. Steve replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Dr. Steve, Tutor
Experience: Ph.D., M.A., B.A.
Expert:  Dr. Steve replied 2 years ago.
Thank you very much for the additional bonus; it is truly appreciated. If you have downloaded the document successfully. I will now delete the link for privacy per you standing order to do so.

Speak to you soon,