Cher
Cher, Teacher
Experience:  Teacher, Tutor--35+ yrs. Masters Degree. Senior Internet Researcher
1470369

Question 21 of 34 2.0 Points Rex likes Karl, in part, because

Question 21 of 34
2.0 Points
Rex likes Karl, in part, because he thinks Karl is fun, smart, and energetic. When Paul points out to Rex that Karl is a terrible driver, Rex refuses to believe it. Perhaps Rex's perception is clouded by the

A. horn effect.

B. consistency effect.

C. pattern effect.

D. halo effect. Reset Selection

Question 22 of 34
2.0 Points
Alice thinks Professor Higgins has a strict attendance policy because students in his classes last semester had horrible attendance and as a result didn't do well in the class. Which of the following is Alice assuming to be the cause of Higgins’ actions?

A. circumstances

B. the person

C. culture

D. stimulus Reset Selection

Question 23 of 34
2.0 Points
Alice thinks Professor Higgins has a strict attendance policy because he is an old fogey with old-fashioned ideas. Which of the following is Alice assuming to be the cause of Higgins’ actions?

A. circumstances

B. the person

C. culture

D. stimulus Reset Selection

Question 24 of 34
2.0 Points
Sallyanne’s favorite meal each year is Thanksgiving dinner. She knows that the family will eat turkey, cornbread dressing, and a cranberry salad based on a recipe that has been in the family for years. Which principle does Sally’s family traditions illustrate?

A. ethnocentrism

B. acculturation

C. enculturation

D. indoctrination Reset Selection

Question 25 of 34
2.0 Points
How would a culture that values achievement, assertiveness, heroism, and material wealth probably be classified?

A. masculine

B. tolerant of uncertainty

C. feminine

D. collectivistic Reset Selection

Question 26 of 34
2.0 Points
Which of the following statements about race is true?

A. There are vast genetic differences between people assigned to different racial categories.

B. There are more genetic differences between racial groups than within racial groups.

C. There is more genetic variation within racial groups than between racial groups.

D. Race is primarily important for its biological meaning. Reset Selection

Question 27 of 34
2.0 Points
Which of the following statements about ethnicity is false?

A. Ethnicity is a social classification.

B. Ethnicity is the same as race.

C. An ethnic group is a group of people who have labeled themselves based on a variety of factors that may or may not include race.

D. Ethnicity is a socially constructed category. Reset Selection

Question 28 of 34
2.0 Points
Which of the following statements about gender differences in communication is true?

A. Women often communicate to report.

B. Men tend to approach communication from a content dimension.

C. Women tend to talk to complete a task.

D. Men often communicate to establish rapport. Reset Selection

Question 29 of 34
2.0 Points
Jamal is visiting Norway as a Rotary exchange student. During his third week in the country, he began to experience a sense of confusion, anxiety and stress. He began to question the wisdom of committing himself to this exchange. Based upon Jamal's reaction, what is he most likely experiencing?

A. culture shock

B. ethnocentrism

C. mindfulness

D. enculturation Reset Selection

Question 30 of 34
2.0 Points
A confirmation class from the local Methodist church visited a nearby synagogue to experience worship from a different perspective. The synagogue provided the group with a guide. The guide explained what would happen during the service, showed them where to sit and how to respond at different times in the service, and made himself available after the service to answer any questions they might have about the service, the synagogue, or Judaism. The synagogue's response to this visit demonstrated their commitment to which strategy for improving intercultural communication?

A. developing knowledge

B. developing motivation

C. developing skill

D. developing critical evaluations Reset Selection

Question 31 of 34
10.0 Points
Briefly describe a recent interpersonal communication exchange you’ve had with someone. What were some explicit rules that governed or influenced the conversation? What were some implicit rules that were evident in the conversation?

(Maximum number of characters: 60000)
Show/Hide Rich-Text Editor

Question 32 of 34
10.0 Points
Briefly describe a recent interpersonal communication exchange you’ve had with someone. Which communication model best captures the nature of that exchange, and why? Analyze the exchange, identifying the components of communication discussed in Chapter One (1). How important was feedback in the communication? What kinds of feedback were shared? Were you and your partner experiencing the communication simultaneously? What was the context? What were sources of internal and external noise? To what extent did you or your partner have problems encoding or decoding each other’s messages?
Category: Homework
Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and welcome back to Just Answer.

By when do you need this assignment completed?

Is there a title and/or number for this exam?

Thanks,
Cher
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes i do... communication
Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hi again, and thanks for your reply.

Communication is the title and from which school is it?

What is your deadline?

Thanks,
Cher

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ASAP... Alabama state university
Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hi again, and thanks for your additional information.

I can help you with the multiple choice questions, but the last two questions (31 and 32) require essay type answers and it would be better if you posted them separately in our Writing Homework Category.

Is that acceptable?

Let me know and I will begin working on it immediately.

Regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes
Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
Hi again,

Great! I'll have this for you as soon as possible. I'll post back when it is completed.

Regards,
Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Cher, Teacher
Experience: Teacher, Tutor--35+ yrs. Masters Degree. Senior Internet Researcher