Owen
Owen, Attending Physician
Experience:  I teach medical students and residents with title of Asst. Professor
18703594

this is for a medical paper. Question 1, a person complains

this is for a medical paper.

Question 1, a person complains of bad pain in the lower abdomen, they cannot urinate and vomiting a number of times.
How would you describe the person condition using medical terminology and anatomical references.
Question 2, a person who has crushed 3 fingers of his right hand, suffered burns and a possible fracture to the sameforearm nearest the wrist. the upper sufaces of 2nd, 3rd, and 4th digits are badly bruised and grazed with possible fractures. the lower surfaces are lacerated into the muscle tissue under the pads of the fingers, his breathing is very fast, his pulse is also fast and complaining of a headache behind the eyes extending over to the top of his head.

Many thanks Greg
Category: Homework
Expert:  Owen replied 2 years ago.
1.
This is a 50 year old with lower pelvic pain / abdominal pain with anuria and emesis multple times. This is a serious medical condition such that when there is anuria (no urination possible) then this is usually due to a blocked urethra or possible due to a neurogenic bladder, and hence an urinary catheter must be placed within the urethra into the bladder to relieve the stress of the distended bladder so there is no retrograde flow of urine towards the kidneys.

2. This is a person who has received severe trauma to the hands, arms that is possibly causing severe anxiety, possible excess blood loss and hence this person's is having tachypnea (fast breathing) which can also result in Tachycardia (a fast heart rate), and the Neuralgia (headache) can be due to blunt force trauma such that hemorrhage may be apparant on a CT scan. And, the eyes could be injured causing an esotropia (eye positioning).

I hope this helps
IF you need more - I would need more specifics of what you are looking for.
Please click on Excellent smile face feedback
thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The anatomical references is also required for my home work for both answers, please
Expert:  Owen replied 2 years ago.
Can you tell me what you are specifically required to do - I need a little more guidance here - do you want me to make up some physical exam that includes anatomical references - like I would write a physical exam when I see patients?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the paper that i need to write,has to include anatomical references to each part of the body that has been injured, from a ambos report to an ED,(emergency department).
Expert:  Owen replied 2 years ago.
What do you mean by ambos?
that is not a term that I have ever heard?
Expert:  Owen replied 2 years ago.
Also, you need to clarify what you want - these are too generalized instructions - I need more specifics - because what is already on the question is fairly complete - so I am trying to figure out what you want and need?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ambulance officer, or E.M.T
Expert:  Owen replied 2 years ago.
For
1. YOu can add there is 'Midline' lower pelvic pain secondary to anuria - (there really is little else given the information you have given me).

2. For this - add:
there is a Crush injury to the DORSAL aspect of the 2nd, 3rd and 4th digits of the right hand, along with a possible Compound FOSH - Fracture of Outstretched Hand - with compounded fractures (open fractures which expose the under lying tissue - bones, ligaments and muscle). You can add that to what I have given you already - this is essentially what anatomic means....

If you have more questions, please ask
I am very willing to help you.
Owen, Attending Physician
Experience: I teach medical students and residents with title of Asst. Professor
Expert:  Owen replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Owen, Attending Physician