akch2002
akch2002, Engineer
Experience:  Home work expert

Hi, help with the following would be appreciated: 1. One mole

Hi, help with the following would be appreciated:
1. One mole of carbon dioxide has a volume of 24 dm3 at room temp and pressure.
A reaction makes 33 600 dm3 of carbon dioxide at room temperature and pressure, how many moles of carbon dioxide are made?

2. One mole of oxygen molecules occupy a volume of 24 dm3 at room temp and pressure.
-0.0025 moles of oxygen are made in an experiment, calculate the volume that 0.0025 moles of oxygen molecules occupy at room temp and pressure:

Number of moles = mass (g) ÷ molar mass (RFM)

How many moles are present in 34 grams of Cu(OH)2?

2. How much carbon dioxide is made, in grams, when 88g of propane is burned in oxygen?

C3H8 + 5O2 ---> 3CO2 + 4H2O

3. In the same reaction, how much water is made when 160g of oxygen is used to burn propane?
Number of moles = concentration x volume

You carry out a titration to neutralise sulphuric acid using:
• 25.0 cm3 of dilute sulphuric acid in the beaker
• sodium hydroxide solution of concentration 0.100 mol / dm3 in the burette.

The hydrochloric acid is exactly neutralised by 20.0 cm3 of this sodium hydroxide solution.
Look at the balanced symbol equation for the reaction.
NaOH + H2SO4  Na2SO4 + H2O
Calculate
The number of moles of sodium hydroxide in 20.0 cm3 of a
0.100 mol /dm3 solution
b) The number of moles of sulphuric acid that reacted with this
amount of sodium hydroxide
c) The concentration, in mol / dm3, of the sulphuric acid.
Category: Homework
Expert:  akch2002 replied 1 year ago.
I can help you with these questions. Kindly indicate deadline for replying these questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Really needed within the next half an hour. I thought the replies would be almost instant!
Expert:  akch2002 replied 1 year ago.
I hope you want answers only. Kindly inform.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Actually need help to understand the workings as well
Expert:  akch2002 replied 1 year ago.

Here are answers marked in dark below each question. I will give working in next 30 minutes.

33600/24=1400 moles

24*0.0025 = 0.06dm^3

34/97.5 = 0.3487 moles

C3H8 + 5O2 ---> 3CO2 + 4H2O

264 gms

72 gms

Na2SO4 + H2OàNaOH + H2SO4
Calculate
0.100 mol /dm3 solution

0.002 moles
amount of sodium hydroxide

0.001 moles

0.04 moles per dm^3

Kindly give rating to these answers. BONUS and POSITIVE feedback will be appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks but could you give a step by step breakdown of the last two questions as shown below:

amount of sodium hydroxide
0.001 moles
0.04 moles per dm^3

Thank you in advance
Expert:  akch2002 replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
akch2002, Engineer
Experience: Home work expert