1. A nonpituitary gonadotropin useful as a follicle stimulant in horses, cattle, sheep, and swine is
follicle stimulating hormone (FSH).
pregnant mare serum gonadotropin (PMSG).
On searching net and relevant texts, it is found that
B.pregnant mare serum gonadotropin (PMSG).
is correct alternative.
A synthetic hormone used as a growth promotant in cattle is
zeranol. C. progesterone.
testosterone. D. Cisplatin.
3. Which of the following is a diuretic drug that has been used in horses to prevent respiratory
digitalis C. nitroglycerin
furosemide D. atenolol
4. Which of the following drugs is useful to treat cancer of the central nervous system in animals?
prednisone C. ivermectin
levamisole D. anthrax vaccine
5. Which of the following antibiotics is a penicillin?
erythromycin C. cephalexin
amoxicillin D. oxytetracycline
6. As a veterinary assistant, you're on a house call to a farm with a veterinarian. There you notice a
horse experiencing acute muscle spasms. The veterinarian informs you the spasms are due to a
neurological problem. Which of the following drugs will she administer to the horse?
nandrolone C. methocarbamol
tubocurarine D. ibuprofen
7. A veterinarian is treating a dog with the anthelmintic thiabendazole. From your study of worm parasites
and the drugs that treat them, you know the veterinarian is treating the dog for a nematode
roundworms. C. flukes.
cestodes. D. tapeworms.
8. The dose of a drug is 2 mg per kilogram body weight. How many mgs should be given to a patient
weighing 154 pounds?
2 mgs C. 70 mgs
40 mgs D. 140 mgs
9. Which of the following is a heart condition characterized by an abnormal heartbeat and reduced
vasoconstriction C. CHF
thromboembolism D. arrhythmia
10. A parenteral dose form of drug which provides a prolonged action after administration is a(n)
intramuscular injection of drug in an oily vehicle.
aqueous intravenous solution given through a tubule.
11. When drugs are dispensed by the veterinarian, which of the following must be on the label?
The LD50 value of the drug C. The ED50 value of the drug
The address of the animal D. Directions for use
12. Standards for drugs used in veterinary and human medicine in the United States are found in the
Therapeutic Index. C. United States Pharmacopeia (USP).
Compliance Policy Guide. D. Abbreviated New Drug Application (ANDA
13. The Latin abbreviation written on a prescription that means "take medicine four times daily" is
q.i.d. C. q.d.
q.4.h. D. t.i.d.
14. In order to prescribe controlled substances, the veterinarian must register with the
United States Department of Agriculture. C. Food and Drug Administration.
Drug Enforcement Administration. D. American Veterinarian Association.
15. Which amendment to the Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act required that a drug must be safe for animal
Amendment of 1972 C. Controlled Substances Act of 1970
Amendment of 1974 D. Federal Food and Drug Act of 1906
16. The need for a protective agency, such as the FDA, became clear when more and more people
observed the toxic effects of ergot, quinine, and
penicillin. C. hydrocortisone.
aspirin. D. digitalis.
17. Which type of drug is injected into the tendon sheath of horses to treat lameness?
Cephalosporin C. Corticosteroid
Antifungal D. Antiviral
18. A pet owner enters the veterinary office with a dog convulsing uncontrollably. According to the veterinarian's
diagnosis, the dog is having an epileptic seizure. Which of the following drug types can the
veterinarian prescribe to prevent future epileptic seizures in this dog?
Analgesics C. Sedatives
Anticonvulsants D. Tranquilizers
19. Which of the following is a gastrointestinal drug that's useful as a gentle laxative in cattle and pigs in
order to soften and lubricate the fecal mass?
Epsom salts C. Diphenoxylate (Lomotil)
Glycopyrrolate D. Mineral oil
20. The process by which drugs are used to increase the volume of urine excreted by the kidneys and
promote the release of water from the tissues is called
edema. C. diuresis.
hypokalemia. D. polyuria
I THANK THE ANSWER IT