Sandhya
Sandhya, Tutor
Experience:  I have several years of teaching experience.
14910578

How close to the fixed charge does the particle get before it comes to

A positive charge of 5.30 μC is fixed in place. From a distance of 4.60 cm a particle of mass 5.60 g and charge +3.30 μC is fired with an initial speed of 80.0 m/s directly toward the fixed charge. How close to the fixed charge does the particle get before it comes to rest and starts traveling away?
Kindly indicate dead line for replying this question.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Actually as soon as possible.

OK. I will reply it shortly.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you Sir.
Answer: 0.737 cm
Please try and let me know.
Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Can you send me some details of the calculations please ? thxs
Sure, I will send. Is answer correct or not?
Let me know.
Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Oh well ok I will let you know but a bit later because I am doing this for my friend who is not online at the moment ;-) I will let you know as soon as I know :)
okay, I will wait
Answer by Sandhya seems to be correct as we have to consider potential energy in beginning also.

Thanks.

I will send detailed solutions by morning time. Please check the answer! A positive charge of 5.30 μC is fixed in place. From a distance of 4.60 cm a particle of mass 5.60 g and charge +3.30 μC is fired with an initial speed of 80.0 m/s directly toward the fixed charge. How close to the fixed charge does the particle get before it comes to rest and starts traveling away? Answer: 0.737 cm Please try and let me know. Thanks

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Sandhya, Tutor
Experience: I have several years of teaching experience.