FiveStarLaw
FiveStarLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer, Accountant and Researcher
9968427

I need the below Public Speaking questions answered. If the

I need the below Public Speaking questions answered. If the answers are good, I have more questions that I will pay to be answered.

Question 1

Breath control, pitch control, and articulatory control are all ways to

control your rate of speech.

improve your speaking voice.

adapt nonverbal behaviors.

work on pronunciation.

Question 2

Proxemics, movement, facial expressions, and gestures are all types of

cultural behavior.

nonverbal behavior.

verbal behavior.

public speaking behavior.

Question 3

In some speaking situations, it is appropriate to sit on the edge of the table and address the group.

True False

Question 4

The Greek idea of kairos refers to

appropriateness of topic.

appropriateness for time and place.

appropriateness of appearance.

appropriateness for audience.

Question 5

Volume, rate, enunciation, and pronunciation are elements of

intelligibility.

variety.

intelligence.

dialect.

Question 6

Saying the entire alphabet in one breath is a good way to improve

nonverbal control.

articulatory control.

breath control.

pitch control.

Question 7

A word that suggests the transfer of information, understanding, and/or advice on how-to-act from person to others is

speech.

culture.

delivery.

orality.

Question 8

Although some define nonverbal communication as all nonlinguistic aspects of interpersonal communication, this course refers to nonverbal communication more specifically as

physical behavior in communication settings.

communication which occurs in public speaking.

behavior related to both verbal and nonverbal communication.

verbal behavior in the classroom.

Question 9

When speeches gather together a host of commonly shared notions, they are exhibiting the oral trait of

agonistic/invitational.

aggregative.

relational.

situational.

Question 10

Kallia uses tongue twisters to warm-up before giving speeches. This shows that she knows how to:

practice nonverbal behaviors

improve her breath control

improve her pronunciation

work out her pitch control

Question 11

A speech that arranges and interprets information gathered in response to a request made by a group is a(n)

speech of instruction.

oral briefing.

lecture.

speech of definition.

Question 12

The advertising slogan for the state lottery is, "What would you do with a million dollars?" Which motive appeal is most likely being used?

personal enjoyment

creativity

perseverance

pride

Question 13

It is vitally important that speeches of definition include motivational appeals in the introduction, explicit statements that indicate how the information can affect the audience.

True

False

Question 14

Denise's decision to quit college and move to Paris to become an artist is probably a reflection of which type of motives?

achievement

esteem

affiliation

power

Question 15

Motives which are related to the intrinsic or extrinsic desire for success are labeled as

achievement motives.

power motives.

biological motives.

affiliation motives.

Question 16

Motives involving activities in which influence over others is the prime objective are labeled as

power motives.

biological motives.

achievement motives.

affiliation motives.

Question 17

As a physics major you have been asked to explain the difference between a meteor and an asteroid, focusing on the significance of one or the other hitting the earth. Your talk will probably take the form of a speech of definition.

True

False

Question 18

If I were to describe a local politician as arrogant, exploitative, and abusive, I would be using the concept of attribution to influence attitudes.

True

False

Question 19

Jacob will be attending a the National Communication Association convention this year to present a paper on the role of the media in modern society. This would most likely be called a(n)

definitional speech.

speech of explanation.

instructional speech.

oral briefing.

Question 20

In the early fall, TV weather persons will often spend some time during one of their segments to explain the conditions under which a tornado will form and the differences in the strength of tornados. This information would most likely be presented as

a speech of definition.

a speech of explanation.

instructions and demonstration.

an oral report.

Question 21

All pictures can:

create impression that will intensify the words being spoken or focus on the wrong message.

be faked.

be altered to say things that are not true.

all of the above.

Question 22

Three things to consider in color selection for making slides and other visuals are:

background, mood, and contrast

colors, words, and mood

mood, contrast, and color

background, foreground, and text

Question 23

Which type of visual aid would be most helpful if you wanted to explain each stage of development for a particular product?

a flipchart

a pictograph

a flowchart

a table

Question 24

In making the choice to use only black, green, and purple on his PowerPoint slides, Tom considered which tip?

be contrasting

be smart

be consistent

be judicious

Question 25

When is the best time to distribute photographs to be passed through the audience?

when you address this material in your speech

after your speech is finished

before you begin your speech

Photographs should not be circulated through the audience.

Question 26

You want to show your audience how many aluminum cans your workplace recycles in comparison to other corporations. What is the best choice of visual aid for this purpose?

videotape

flowchart

pictograph

chalkboard drawings

Question 27

To best show how his weight has been affected by a certain diet over the past year, Todd should use a line graph.

True

False

Question 28

Dominic wants to show how birth rates have declined in the United States over the past century. What type of graph should he use?

pie graph

bar graph

pictograph

line graph

Question 29

Which of the following is an example of an abstract representation?

a model of a snake's habitat

a photo of a snake bite

a snake noose

a snake

Question 30

The use of a flip chart is best to use when you want to show changes of a phenomenon over time

True

False

Question 31

Makers are focused on expression through their own creations rather than on purchasing.

True

False

Question 32

Forewarning your audience against potential counter arguments to your position is also known as:

counterpersuasion

influence

persuasion

innoculation

Question 33

People who are bound by strong moral codes which define their commitment to family, religion, and community are classified in the VALS program as

strivers.

makers.

experiencers.

believers.

Question 34

Persuasive speeches that aim to change beliefs should seldom stress appeals to uniqueness.

True

False

Question 35

The term "lifestyle" refers to

the choices we make that are not dictated directly by society.

the defining characteristics of a segment of the population.

systemized ways of believing and acting in the world.

an individual's background, including his/her ethnicity, religion, gender, etc.

Question 36

With which group would a actuation speech of reinforcement be the best approach?

those who doubt the value of the action and who are uninformed and uninvolved

those who actively rally against an idea or action and who doubt your credibility

those who believe in an idea or action but who are lethargic about doing anything

those believe in an idea or action but are unsure of how to do something about it

Question 37

A speech that attempts to increase the audience's adherence to values they already hold is a speech of

deliberation.

reinforcement.

actuation.

modification.

Question 38

Speakers must often attempt to appeal to different segments of an audience.

True

False

Question 39

Two strategies of protecting your audience against attempts at counterpersuasion are:

innoculation and increasing knowledge

increasing knowledge and resistance

ignorance and innoculation

forewarning and innoculation

Question 40

In the VALS program, people who have strong commitment across all three "primary motivations," and who are blessed with both resources and a willingness to try new ideas and experiences are referred to as:

experiencers

thinkers

innovators

achievers

Category: Homework
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I’m a Moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I still need the answers
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your reply. Sometimes, finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Professional with the right expertise to come online. Please let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a Professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please keep searching
Expert:  Seanna replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and thanks for using JustAnswer! I am afraid when you pasted the questions onto this page, the formatting went wrong and it's very difficult to read all the questions. Would you be able to upload the file via mediafire, or repost them again here and see if the formatting improves?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

"FOR ANGELA" See attached

Attachment: 2012-06-08_135341_speech-3.docx

Expert:  FiveStarLaw replied 2 years ago.

It appears that Angela has opted out of answering your question. Would you like me to answer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
YES PLEASE
great – I will work on your questions this morning

I am currently working on your questions and I realize that I misjudged the time involved. I cannot answer your questions on either page for the agreed price. I will give you the answers that I have completed thus far. I am willing to complete the questions for a bonus of $30 for this page and a bonus of $30 for your other page of questions. If that is not acceptable, I will open your question to the other experts.

1 improve your speaking voice.
2 nonverbal behavior.
3 true
4 appropriateness for time and place.
5 dialect
6 breath control.
7 delivery
8 communication which occurs in public speaking. (? I did not take the course?)
9 agonistic/invitational.
10 improve her pronunciation
11 oral briefing.
12 personal enjoyment
13 true
14 Achievement Motive

Please let me know how you would like to continue - you have not been charged thus far
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will give you a $30 bonus for each if you answer all of the questions please
thank you I will continue working
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
FiveStarLaw, Lawyer
Experience: Lawyer, Accountant and Researcher
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Answers were a little off