Susan Athena
Susan Athena, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience:  10+ yrs teaching & tutoring. AP essay grader. 2 masters degrees. English, IT, business.
12809769

just my answer 1. The first step anyone should take in building

just my answer

1. The first step anyone should take in building a database is to:

a. determine the version of Access to use.

b. determine the number of tables that will be required.

c. determine the purpose of the database.

d. run and ERD analysis of the data information.

2. A data entry such as the last name of a customer should be:

a. hosted in a single record in a single table

b. hosted in two separate record in tow separate tables.

c. hosted in a separate record in two separate tables.

d. input as a text file entry into a single table.

3.How does access identify each record within a database?

a. By the first field created for each record

b. By its primary key

c. By the table number

d. By the table's tabular chart ID

4. You are creating a series of fields for your customer database. You want to make sure that the data entry person always inputs a last name for each field. What is the most effective way to do this?

a. Format the field to a different background color than the other fields.

b. Make it the first field in the table.

c. Make it the last field in the table.

d. Set it as a required field.

5. You need to configure the properties of a field that will list the hiring date for each employee so that the date is always displayed in the same format. Which tab ribbon do you access to accomplish this?

a. Design tab

b. Format tab

c. Database Tools tab

d. Description tab

6. You have a database comprised of thousands of records, each record representing a purchase by a customer. There is a field in the database that displays the shipping charge applied to each purchase. You have only three shipping charges, $5, $10 and $15. You want to ensure that your data entry person inputs only one of these three numbers. You can accomplish this by setting _____ the field.

a. the format property of

b. the caption property of

c. a validation rule for

d. a default value for

7. Now that you know how to use Access 2007, your boss wants you to convert many of the Excel Worksheets you used to create for data information to access Databases. How do you do this?

a. Import the Excel Worksheets by clicking the Office button and selecting Import.

b. Click the Excel button in the Import group on the External Data tab ribbon.

c. Click the Excel button in the Conversion group on the External Data tab ribbon

d. Click the Excel button in Office Application group on the Design tab ribbon.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Susan Athena replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Experience: 10+ yrs teaching & tutoring. AP essay grader. 2 masters degrees. English, IT, business.