Kathy
Kathy, Teacher
Experience:  Elementary teacher for 16 years Bilingual Spanish English and with a Psychology Masters

Hello there Kathy.....Here is my final question. Swooooo Thanks

Hello there Kathy.....Here is my final question. Swooooo Thanks so so much AGAIN for all your help!!!
1. In the 1950s, 40 percent of the U.S. workforce was engaged in manufacturing. By the 2000s, fewer than
________ percent of U.S. workers were employed in manufacturing.
A. 15
B. 1
C. 5
D. 7
2. Which of the following is the primary aim of the Parti Québécois?
A. Improving economic opportunities for French-speaking Canadians
B. Garnering higher income from the operation of the St. Lawrence Seaway
C. Establishing Quebec as an independent country
D. Secession from Canada in order to become a Department of France
3. Among the northern Andean countries strongly involved in the illegal coca and drug trade, __________
is now the predominant coca producer.
A. Ecuador
B. Colombia
C. Bolivia
D. Peru
4. Which of the following were the main proponents of NAFTA?
A. Environmentalists
B. Large corporations
C. Labor unions
D. Human rights groups
5. _______ is one of the first Latin American countries to have a separate ministry of tourism with
dedicated funds within its federal governmental structure.
A. Mexico
B. Guatemala
C. Chile
D. Paraguay
6. Regarding tropical rainforests, the term evapotranspiration refers to the fact that
A. deforestation causes a decline in atmospheric oxygen.
B. the humidity of rain forests can produce local and regional precipitation.
C. deforestation causes a loss of soil fertility due to water evaporation.
D. trees absorb carbon dioxide and "exhale" oxygen.
7. _______ refers to a series of vertical zones with distinctive climate and vegetation regimes.
A. Temperature inversions
B. Altitudinal zonation
C. Urban expanses
D. Sedimentation
8. The two largest metropolitan areas in Canada are Toronto and
A. Ottawa.
B. Vancouver.
C. Edmonton.
D. Montréal.
9. In the post-industrial era, an edge city is a/an
A. complex of warehouses, shopping malls, and offices located along traffic routes.
B. large suburban development mainly occupied by commuters.
C. urbanized development that is an extension of a megalopolis.
D. merger of several residential suburbs into one entity.
10. Which of Canada's Atlantic Provinces has jurisdiction over mainly uninhabited Labrador?
A. Prince Edward Island
B. Nova Scotia
C. Newfoundland
D. New Brunswick
11. In Brazil, the indigenous population was around 3.5 million before the arrival of Europeans. Today, the
indigenous population is around
A. 500,000.
B. 200,000.
C. 2 million.
D. 1.5 million.
12. In the South American Andes, the altiplano between the Cordillera Oriental and the western Cordillera
Occidental is widest in
A. Peru.
B. Chile.
C. Ecuador.
D. Bolivia.
13. Immigration currently accounts for about _______ of U.S. population growth.
A. three-quarters
B. a quarter
C. one-third
D. one-half
14. In Mexico, the expression Porfiriato refers to
A. the end of the political dominance of the PRI in July 2000.
B. the revolution of 1911 that overthrew Diaz.
C. any kind of authoritarian political oppression.
D. the oppressive rule of Porfirio Diaz.
15. Which of the following is the primary subsistence crop in Latin America?
A. Beans
B. Potatoes
C. Wheat
D. Corn
16. In the United States, as of 2009, which of the following was the largest and fastest-growing immigrant
group?
A. Eastern Europeans and Russians
B. Western Europeans
C. Asians
D. Hispanics
17. Which of the following is not a leading urban center in Venezuela?
A. Maracaibo
B. Valencia
C. Salvador
D. Caracas
18. Which of the following statements about Southern South America is true?
A. Uruguay has the lowest level of urbanization of any mainland Latin American country.
B. The Argentine economy was devastated by the end of 2001 due to multiple factors.
C. Paraguay is the smallest country of the subregion.
D. Influence of Roman Catholicism has sharply declined in Argentina.
19. To avoid risks associated with tornadoes, lightning, and hurricanes, in the United States you should
steer clear of
A. Nevada.
B. Minnesota.
End of exam
C. Florida.
D. Pennsylvania.
20. In the Caribbean, Puerto Rico and Jamaica are islands of the
A. Windward Islands.
B. Greater Antilles.
C. Lesser Antilles.
D. Leeward Islands.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Kathy replied 1 year ago.

Kathy :

Thanks for the questions I will complete them promptly.

Kathy, Teacher
Experience: Elementary teacher for 16 years Bilingual Spanish English and with a Psychology Masters
Expert:  Kathy replied 1 year ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Kathy replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Kathy, Teacher
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks so so very much....Smile