Kathy
Kathy, Teacher
Experience:  Elementary teacher for 16 years Bilingual Spanish English and with a Psychology Masters

Hello Kathy!!!! i was told to post one by one as a new question,

Hello Kathy!!!! i was told to post one by one as a new question, so I have two questions left....Here is the forth question!! Thank a bunch:-))
1. About what percentage of the Indian population lives in the lower and middle Ganges river basin?
A. 50%
B. 40%
C. 70%
D. 60%
2. In 1997, the year the Kyoto Protocol was endorsed by more than 120 countries, the top carbon dioxide
emitters included Persian Gulf states such as Qatar and the United Arab Emirates. Among the top 10
emitters, which country ranked seventh?
A. Bahrain
B. Kuwait
C. United States
D. Saudi Arabia
3. The entire region of Northern Africa and Southwest Asia is dominated by
A. climates in which the evaporation exceeds precipitation.
B. desert climates.
C. climates in which rainfall is either abundant or all but entirely absent.
D. steppe climates.
4. The center of the largest film industry in the world, "Bollywood," and Dharavi, the largest slum in India,
are both located in
A. Chennai.
B. Kolkata.
C. Mumbai.
D. Delhi.
5. Monotheism, a religious doctrine that recognizes a single supreme god, first arose in Southwest Asia
around _________ BC.
A. 2500
B. 600
C. 1000
D. 230
6. The North African Maghreb states, dominated by the Atlas Mountains, do not include
A. Libya.
B. Morocco.
C. Algeria.
D. Tunisia.
7. Medinas capture the unique historical character and social patterns of cities in North Africa and
Southwest Asia. Labyrinths of winding alleys and many kinds of souks are typical features. What are
souks?
A. Commercial areas
B. Sacred sites
C. Ethnic quarters
D. Bordellos
8. After the Iranian Revolution of 1979 brought the Ayatollah Khomeini to power, fundamentalist Islamic
sharia law was infused into Iranian government policies. In reaction to this development, most
A. Muslim countries also adopted sharia law.
B. Sunni Muslims rejected sharia law, because most Iranians are Shia.
C. Muslim countries rejected and suppressed Islamic fundamentalists.
D. Muslim countries turned to terrorism to further Muslim interests.
9. With regard to British influences on India, which of the following statements is true?
A. The British East India Company ruled India after a sepoy rebellion in 1867.
B. The British Indian Army was not expected to serve British interests beyond India.
C. A primary objective of British rule was attaining food self-sufficiency for Indians.
D. The common name for the British Indian Empire was the "British Raj."
10. Among the countries on the margins of the South Asian region, population growth and fertility are
highest in
A. Nepal.
B. Afghanistan.
C. the Maldives.
D. Sri Lanka.
11. OPEC was formed in 1960 in order to
A. enhance oil and natural gas production technologies among member states.
B. create a cartel that would control global oil supplies.
C. coordinate the interests of producing countries by regulating oil prices.
D. negotiate the interests of OPEC member countries within the United Nations.
12. The 1959 Nile Water Agreement between Egypt and _______ led to the construction of the Aswan
High Dam.
A. Syria
B. Libya
C. Saudi Arabia
D. Sudan
13. Among Hindus, members of the lowest caste are commonly referred to by the term dalit, which means
A. "disadvantaged."
B. "despised."
C. "oppressed."
D. "segregated."
14. Mohandas Gandhi adopted his creed of nonviolence and respect for life from the religious doctrines of
A. Jainism.
B. Buddhism.
C. Sikhism.
D. Islam.
15. In India, the government favors the building of dams in order to
A. reduce dependency on irrigation.
B. provide systematic irrigation.
C. invite foreign investment.
D. reverse the effects of salinization.
16. Which of the following global religions arose in India?
A. Hinduism
B. Jainism
C. Buddhism
D. Sikhism
17. With regard to the Indo-Pakistan dispute over Kashmir, which of the following statements is most
accurate?
A. At independence in 1947, the Kashmiris voted to be part of Pakistan.
B. After a 1948 ceasefire ended a Pakistani invasion of 1947, Pakistan returned captured Kashmiri territory to India.
C. The Simla Agreement of 1972 established the current line of control between Pakistan and India.
D. The British sold the rulership of Kashmir to a Muslim prince.
18. Sudanese violence against non-Arab peoples in the western province of Darfur has introduced the
world to the term Janjaweed. What does this term translate to in English?
A. "Paramilitary assassin"
B. "Rapist assassin"
C. "Devil on horseback with a gun"
D. "Criminal bandit"
End of exam
19. Which o
Category: Homework
Expert:  Kathy replied 2 years ago.

Kathy :

I will complete your exam promptly.Thanks

Customer:

Thanks Big huggggssss!!!!! How can I rate you on this site?

Kathy :

Once I complete each question you can provide the feedback

Kathy, Teacher
Experience: Elementary teacher for 16 years Bilingual Spanish English and with a Psychology Masters
Expert:  Kathy replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.