Kathy
Kathy, Teacher
Experience:  Elementary teacher for 16 years Bilingual Spanish English and with a Psychology Masters
49749778

Hello Kathy.....Here are my exam questions....Thanks! 1. Which

Hello Kathy.....Here are my exam questions....Thanks!
1. Which of the following statements is true regarding gender equality in Southeast Asia?
A. Traditional Confucian views no longer maintain the inferiority of women.
B. Japan's nationalists support female succession to the Chrysanthemum Throne.
C. South Korea is the only Southeast Asian country that supports absolute gender equality.
D. Mao Zedong declared that "Women hold up half the sky."
2. Toyota's remarkable growth as a multinational company is uniquely associated with which of the
following?
A. Kaizen and chaebols
B. Chaebols
C. Kaizen and jidoka
D. Jidoka
3. Until the mid-1900s, most Chinese cities were
A. small towns.
B. market and administrative centers.
C. very few in number.
D. nonexistent.
4. The earliest Chinese civilization along the lower valley of the Yellow River was based on the cultivation
of
A. wheat.
B. wheat and rice.
C. millet.
D. rice.
5. Which of the following statements is true of population and population density in Southeast Asia?
A. Around 70 percent of Japan's population lives in the region between Tokyo and Osaka.
B. More than half the population of Mongolia lives in Ulan Bator.
C. In the Koreas and Taiwan, population densities are found in eastern coastal areas.
D. Population policies caused the population in China to decline during the 1950s.
6. Which of the following ethnic groups have suffered a long history of discrimination in Japan?
A. Xinjiang
B. Uygurs
C. Falun Gong
D. Ainu
7. With respect to major rivers, the Mekong is to Vietnam as the Irrawady is to
A. Laos.
B. Thailand.
C. Myanmar.
D. Cambodia.
8. Which of the following cities is located on the most densely populated island of Indonesia?
A. Kuala Lumpur
B. Bangkok
C. Jakarta
D. Manila
9. In China in the 1980s, commune-based agriculture was replaced by the _______ responsibility system.
A. household
B. community
C. cultural
D. Confucian
10. The Filipinos call it the Luzon Sea and the Vietnamese call it the East Sea, but however it's named, the
_______ Sea is the world's largest sea body after the five oceans.
A. Philippine
B. South China
C. Java
D. Celebes
11. According to a 1993 World Bank report, East Asian economic growth in the late twentieth century was
due, in part, to
A. relatively weak laissez-faire government policies.
B. strong governments that maintained business stability.
C. governments that favored import substitution over export competitiveness.
D. educational programs focused on free higher education.
12. The visit of an influential nuclear physicist to a population symposium in 1979 led to
A. the one-child policy in China.
B. new nuclear-power safety measures in populated areas in China.
C. the two-child policy in China.
D. the election of Deng Xiaoping in China.
13. Which of the following statements about Vietnam is true?
A. Vietnamese farmers have long specialized in the production of Arabica coffee.
B. Hanoi is the main center of Vietnam's marketplace economy.
C. Vietnam is no longer a communist country.
D. Vietnam's current level of rice exports challenges that of India.
14. Which of the following is not among the four main islands of Japan?
A. Honshu
B. Edo
C. Shikoku
D. Hokkaido
15. In terms of GNI PPP, excluding Singapore, the wealthiest nations of Southeast Asia are
A. Cambodia and Laos.
B. Thailand and Malaysia.
C. Indonesia and the Philippines.
D. Indonesia and Vietnam.
16. From 800–1200, the Khmer and Mon peoples moved into the northern regions of
A. Cambodia.
B. Thailand.
C. Vietnam.
D. Myanmar.
17. Which of the following statements is true of Singapore?
A. Singapore is a major manufacturer of computer hard drives.
B. Singapore finally became self-governing in 1965.
C. Singapore is member of the Federation of Malaysia.
D. Singapore's government condemned U.S. military actions in Afghanistan.
18. The Demilitarized Zone between North and South Korea was established in
A. 1953.
B. 1945.
C. 1911.
D. 1963.
19. Founded in 1967, ASEAN did little to foster economic cooperation until _______ proposed a free-trade
area in 1991.
A. Singapore
B. Malaysia
C. Thailand
End of exam
D. Indonesia
20. With respect to human rights issues in Southeast Asia, which statement is most accurate?
A. The Khmer Rouge leaders have never been brought to trial.
B. Both Cambodia and Vietnam carried out ethnic eradication programs against hill people.
C. Chinese merchants living in Cambodia and elsewhere have carried out vendettas against hill tribes.
D. The leaders of the Khmer Rouge fled fro
Category: Homework
Expert:  Kathy replied 2 years ago.

Kathy :

I got your questions I will post the answers promptly. Thanks (I notice these questions are different than the ones you previously posted) Are you also posting them separately? Thanks

Customer:

Yea I think so....I am so sorry but I was confused on how to post them. Once you gave me instructions, I then posted a new set of questions. I would like the answers for both set of questions if you don't mind. I am so sorry for any confusion on my behalf. Once again thank you so much and I really do appreciate all of your great efforts of support!!!

Kathy :

No problem I will post your answers promptly. Thansk

Kathy :

Thanks so sorry

Customer:

:-)))))))

Kathy, Teacher
Experience: Elementary teacher for 16 years Bilingual Spanish English and with a Psychology Masters
Expert:  Kathy replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.