Mijcar
Mijcar, Teacher
Experience:  Taught 40 years College & HS * MS in Math * Published Writer
66358889

Brittany or ANY PROFESSIONAL

I have a scenerio and the thoughts and opinions of the team that needs to be complied.

Here are the details

Category: Homework
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I am a Moderator for this topic. I sent your requested Professional a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online. If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for getting back to me. Is this open for all experts or just Brittany?
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Would you like the question to be open to all Professionals?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes please

Expert:  Mijcar replied 2 years ago.

I read your original need:

I have a scenario and the thoughts and opinions of the team that needs to be "complied."

*

Did you mean "compiled", put together?

*

Do you need to create a single recommendation out of all of these?

*

How much explanation do you want?

*

And when do you want this by?

Expert:  Mijcar replied 2 years ago.

I read what appeared to be the managerial conclusion at the end. Is this your input? Do you want input on it?

*

I think it is pretty good, but does not really address one vital item: The deadline.

*

The problem with the managerial strategy is that it doesn't deal with what happens if the team conflict continues?

*

With so little time left to go, a complete plan of action is needed. One of the team must have precedence. Will Jan (or the manager) get to determine the ad campaign if a compromise is not reached? And then Mark will be assigned to create a slogan to fit Jan's campaign.

*

Or vice-versa. Will Mark (or management) be allowed to select a slogan and then Jan must fit a campaign around it?

*

I have no problems with one last meeting with the team and manager present seeing if they can brainstorm to something all are happy or at least comfortable with. I think Sally must be part of this, having input, but not as a decision-maker or this would unbalance the team.

*

But they need to know at the start, that a decision will be made - hopefully arrived at by them, but if not, by you as manager.

*

A campaign can survive without a slogan, but a slogan has nowhere to go without a campaign. To me, then, the decision about a campaign must be made and you may have to make it; or the team may have to vote on it with Sally as tie-breaker. There is a good logic in that, because Sally in a sense can represent the person-in-the-street and be responding to the choices as "this is what would move me." Or if you don't want to put her on the spot, you can make the deciding vote.

*

Once the campaign has been chosen, Mark still needs to feel valuable and he should be told that you are relying on him to develop a slogan. With the campaign selected, Sally could start working on design possibilities - they must be in place and ready to go. Mark needs an early deadline and respect for what he can bring to the team; but if he refuses to participate, then Sally and Jan can be assigned to work together. Mark needs a long sit-down talk on helping a team even when he disagrees with a major component, but that may have to wait.

===========================

So there you have my contribution, but it may not be what you were looking for.

*

Give us more info if you are looking for something different.

Best,

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Here is the instructions:

Read the scenario and discuss with your team strategies to resolve the conflict in the scenario to achieve the desired goal or objective.

Look at it from the perspective of the manager.

Prepare a 350- to 1,050-word paper detailing the findings of your discussion.

Format your summary consistent with APA guidelines.

Expert:  Mijcar replied 2 years ago.

===

I assume these are the thoughts and opinions you presented.

*

*

===

I assume this was the final paragraph. Do you want to modify it after reading my comments or do you want to leave it the way it is?

*

*

===

Do you want this done for you? If so, I will opt-out and let another expert in right away.

*

Or do you want a summary you can work with, polish, and bring up to class standards? I'll be glad to help.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please modify
Expert:  Mijcar replied 2 years ago.
I am working on it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks! Does it make sense?
Expert:  Mijcar replied 2 years ago.
Yes, it does.
Expert:  Mijcar replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Mijcar, Teacher
Experience: Taught 40 years College & HS * MS in Math * Published Writer