Shawn P Adamo
Shawn P Adamo, Retired CPA
Experience:  Answering these question for decades.
15641319

anatomy and phsyiology exam 2

anatomy and phsyiology exam 2 1. A 67-year-old man is diagnosed with cancer and subsequently undergoes chemotherapy. As an expected side effect of chemotherapy, his bone marrow stops functioning. What is a potential consequence of this loss of function? A. His calcium levels will decrease. B. He’ll suffer bone fractures even after minor trauma. C. His potassium levels will increase. D. He’ll have inadequate levels of blood cells. 2. What is the best available treatment for hypothyroidism? A. Increased dietary iodine B. Supplementary thyroid hormone C. Avoidance of certain drugs D. Thyroid gland transplantation 3. Which one the following bones is part of the appendicular skeleton? A. Occipital bone B. Ulna C. Maxilla D. Sternum 4. Identify the concept behind the negative feedback system. A. A low level of a hormone causes the gland to increase secretion of the hormone. B. A low level of a hormone causes the gland to decrease secretion of the hormone. C. A low level of a hormone causes another gland to secrete a similar hormone. D. A low level of a hormone prevents the kidneys from excreting the hormone. 5. What is the medical term for the kneecap? A. Tarsus B. Femur C. Tibia D. Patella 6. A 63-year-old man has become progressively hard of hearing. He’s a retired airplane mechanic. He also notices a lot of wax in his ears. What kind of hearing loss is this man likely to have? A. Conductive B. Infectious C. Conductive and sensorineural D. Infectious and sensorineural 7. A simple movement of your hand requires coordination of which three body systems? A. Respiratory, muscular, skeletal B. Muscular, endocrine, respiratory C. Nervous, muscular, skeletal D. Endocrine, circulatory, skeletal 8. Which part of the ear is normally filled with fluid to aid in the transmission of sound waves? A. Auditory canal B. Cochlea C. Semicircular canals D. Malleus 9. How long can cardiac muscle be deprived of oxygen before the cardiac muscle cells start to die? A. 30 seconds B. 40 seconds C. 1 minute D. 2 minutes 10. A person with an injury to the extrinsic muscles of the eye would find it difficult to A. focus light onto the retina. B. interpret visual input. C. move the eyeball. D. control the amount of light entering the eye. 11. A seven-year-old boy breaks his tibia and requires immobilization by a hard cast for six weeks until the break heals. A potential consequence of this therapy is atrophy of the A. pectoralis major. B. serratus anterior. C. gastrocnemius. D. trapezius. 12. A young man happens to spot an ex-girlfriend he’s trying to avoid. Why does his mouth become dry? A. His cervical plexus overrides the parasympathetic stimulation for saliva production. B. His cranial nerves shut down saliva production. C. His central nervous system shuts down saliva production. D. His sympathetic nervous system overrides the parasympathetic stimulation for saliva production. 13. What process describes how a signal travels from one end of a neuron to the other end? A. Hormonal regulation B. Muscle coordination C. Membrane excitability D. Neurotransmitter release 14. A 15-year-old gymnast falls and suffers an injury to her brachial plexus. What action might now be difficult for her? A. Extending her neck B. Extending her wrist C. Flexing her knee D. Flexing her foot 15. A man is shot in the head, and the bullet stops just outside the dura mater. What is the innermost layer that the bullet has penetrated? A. Skin B. Bone C. Fat D. Periosteum 16. The portion of the nervous system that controls involuntary activities is a subdivision of the _______ nervous system. A. sympathetic B. central C. peripheral D. parasympathetic 17. The hypothalamus considered the “brain of the brain” because it A. controls voluntary movement. B. produces cerebrospinal fluid. C. regulates vital body functions. D. Imaintains balance. 18. Which part of the brain is responsible for the maintenance of muscle tone and the coordination of muscle movements? A. Midbrain B. Hypothalamus C. Hippocampus D. Cerebellum 19. The three membranous coverings that protect the brain and spinal cord are called A. sulci. B. meninges. C. pons. D. gyri. 20. A 60-year-old woman is diagnosed with a tumor in her left temporal lobe. The surgeons remove the tumor along with a large portion of her temporal lobe. After surgery, the woman might have difficulty with A. moving her arms. B. speaking fluently. C. sensing pain. D. detecting odors. 21. Impairment of the vagus nerve may affect the ability to move the A. throat. B. eyes. C. tongue. D. face. 22. A 36-year-old woman has a disease that affects the levels of acetylcholine in her synapses and neuromuscular junctions. What is a potential consequence of this disease? A. Deterioration of the sodium-potassium pump B. Abnormal conduction of signals from neurons to muscles C. Inability of neurons to depolarize D. Malfunction of the myelin sheath 24. In addition to the nucleus, cytoplasm, and cell membrane, a single neuron possessesA. several dendrites and one axon.B. one dendrite and several axons.C. many nuclei and one neurilemma.D. one nucleus and many neurilemma.25. A problem with the _______ plexus may cause pain in the posterior part of the thigh.A. sacralB. lumbarC. cervicalD. brachial26. Muscles are attached to bones byA. ligaments.B. nerves.C. cartilage.D. tendons. 27. Which one of the following is the correct sequence of structures through which visualstimuli are sent to the brain?A. Cornea, pupil, lens, retina, optic nerve, and occipital lobeB. Pupil, cornea, lens, retina, optic nerve, and occipital lobeC. Cornea, pupil, lens, retina, optic nerve, and parietal lobeD. Pupil, cornea, retina, lens, optic nerve, and occipital lobe28. The muscle contractions that propel food through your intestines are controlled by the_______ nervous system.A. centralB. autonomicC. peripheralD. voluntary29. Which one of the following is the correct sequence of structures through which soundwaves are sent to the brain?A. Pinna, auditory canal, middle ear, eardrum, cochlea, vestibulocochlear nerve,temporal lobeB. Pinna, auditory canal, eardrum, middle ear, vestibulocochlear nerve, cochlea,temporal lobeC. Pinna, auditory canal, eardrum, middle ear, semicircular canals, vestibulocochlearnerve, temporal lobeD. Pinna, auditory canal, eardrum, middle ear, cochlea, vestibulocochlear nerve,temporal lobe30. When you do a push-up from the floor, what kind of movement describes the motion ofyour elbow?A. AbductionB. RotationC. ExtensionD. Flexion31. A 6-year-old boy is noticeably taller than his classmates. He stands 5 feet, 7 inches tall.What glandular problem do you suspect he may have?A. Dysfunction of the thyroid glandB. Accessory pituitary glandC. Accessory thyroid glandD. Dysfunction of the pituitary gland32. Three pairs of our ribs are called “false ribs” becauseA. the cartilage connects them to another rib instead of to the sternum.B. they’re attached to the anterior of the vertebral body.C. they’re attached to the posterior of the vertebral body.D. they’re not connected to the costal cartilage or the sternum. 33. A 50-year-old woman reports in her medical history that her mother has hypothyroidism,so the woman is concerned about having the condition as well. Which of the followingsymptoms would suggest that she does indeed have hypothyroidism?A. She often feels hot even when the room is cool.B. She continues to gain weight despite a rigorous diet and exercise program.C. Her breasts are secreting milk spontaneously.D. She suffers from increased blood pressure and heartbeat.34. The formation of blood cells is calledA. hemopoiesis.B. mitosis.C. meiosis.D. diaphysis.35. The __________ gland regulates the function of many other endocrine glands.A. thymusB. pituitaryC. thyroidD. adrenal
Category: Homework
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I’m a Moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm still waiting for an answer thank u
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your reply. Sometimes, finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
Expert:  Shawn P Adamo replied 2 years ago.

Hello. My specialty is focusing on YOUR Financial needs. Financial Planner/Business Owner for 20 years. CPA,PFS,QFP,GMMA.

I'm working on this. Is there a deadline

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
there is no deadline
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Shawn P Adamo, Retired CPA
Experience: Answering these question for decades.