judybailey52
judybailey52, Bachelor's degree
Experience:  20 years teach mathematics and 20 years of tutoring

Please provide responses for each of the items that follow.

Customer Question

Please provide responses for each of the items that follow. Please be sure to number your answers. Do your best to communicate the pairs of word(s) that are synonyms. If you cannot provide an answer, please indicate that by responding with "No Answer".

First, as a reminder, provide your research topic here.

Next, establish a thesis statement based on your topic. A good thesis statement keeps you focused and thus saves you time and effort. Your thesis statement should be a single, complete sentence.

Examples:

Topic
Example Thesis Statement

Digital Diploma Mills
Digital diploma mills are a growing problem in higher education and will require tougher legislation to stop.

Computer Forensics
Computer forensics experts will become increasingly important in catching criminals.

Write out 2 or 3 additional sentences describing your topic. Don’t worry about content here – any facts, thoughts or ideas related to the topic will be helpful.

Go back to your sentences in 2 and 3 above and underline the important words. Important words include those that help identify precisely what your topic is about. (Most if not all of these words are likely to be nouns.)

Create a list of the keywords and phrases that you underlined in 4 above.

Think of any other related terms you think might be helpful and add them to you list of terms you came up with in step 4.

List any synonyms (words that have the same or similar meaning) you can think of for your words and phrases from steps 5 and/or 6.

List any alternate spellings, abbreviations, or acronyms for any of your terms identified above (if there aren't any, that’s fine, just say so.)

Identify and list any words above that belong together in a certain exact order as phrases. For example: the words “affirmative” and “action” alone don’t have the same meaning and won’t give you the same search results as the phrase “affirmative action”.

Optionally, identify and list words that are broader in meaning than your original terms. For example, if one of your phrases was “undergraduate”, a broader term might be “college student” or even “student”.

Optionally, identify and list words that are narrower in meaning than your original terms. For example, if one of your phrases was “undergraduate”, you might include “freshman” or “sophomore”.
My topic
Second Part
You work for Ryers Associates, a business consulting company that helps small- and medium-sized businesses organize or restructure themselves to be more efficient and profitable. You are one of six senior consultants who works directly with clients. To prepare for an upcoming meeting with executives at ComSystems, a mobile phone communications company, you create a brief presentation outlining Ryers' typical investigative and reporting techniques, past results versus the competition, and the company's business philosophy.

The following is a sample of the type of work you perform as part of your duties at Ryers: You usually investigate a client's business practices for two weeks and analyze all relevant records. Once the initial investigation stage is complete, you submit a client recommendation report to your boss that describes the known problem areas, the consequences of the problems, the reasons for the problems, the recommended solutions, the anticipated results for each solution, the anticipated cost to the client for each solution, and Ryers' final professional recommendation. After your boss approves the client recommendation report, you prepare a full report for the client. If the client approves the plan, you develop a maintenance schedule (usually one year or less) to make sure the plan is implemented correctly.

Download the file PPT F-S.ppt from doc sharing to your local machine, open it and then save it as Ryers.pptx [basically you'll be finishing this presentation; you only need to work on slides 3, 4, and 5]

Think about the results you want to see, the information you need, and how you want to communicate the message outlined above. Sketch or otherwise plan out how you want your presentation to look.

Create charts on Slides 3 and 4 using one of the charts available in the Illustrations group on the ribbon. Use the information provided in the description above to show the various stages of investigation and reporting.

Create a Graph chart on Slide 5 that shows how Ryers compares with two competitors. For example, you might illustrate the satisfaction level of Ryers clients compared to its competitors' clients or Ryers' consumer rating. (You’ll need to make this data up; try to make the
imaginary data as realistic as possible).

Format the graph you created in step 4 above and add additional chart elements using the skills learned in this unit.

Change the chart type of the chart on Slide 5 to Column with a 3-D cylinder sub-type.

Open the Format Axis dialog box for the Value axis, use your critical thinking skills to make selections, if needed, for the Major and Minor units that enhance t
Category: Homework
Expert:  judybailey52 replied 2 years ago.
Hi! If this is your question, you don't have to post it again. I can work from this posting.

Judy Smile
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok
I have questions about this one.

First, when is your answer due?

Second, what is your research topic?

Third, have you developed a thesis statement?

Fourth, how do I download the file PPT F-S.ppt?

The rest seems ok for now.

JudySmile
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

By 9pm and the topic is Ecotourism and no to the thesis statement PPT F-S.ppt

I'm still not sure about the PPT F-S.ppt, but will take another look at it tomorrow.

Is that 9 p.m. eastern standard time ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes
I understand that PPT F-S.ppt is a powerpoint, but there are many under that heading. do you have any other information about it?

Also, is that 9 p.m. June 3 that this is due or June 4 ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thats all the information I have and tonight 10 pm
I'll do my best with what you have given me.

Here are your answers. There are two files.

Click here to retrieve your Word document.

Click here to retrieve your powerpoint document

Let me know immediately if you are unable to retrieve your file.

PLEASE NOTE: Responses here are for information/education only. They are to provide guidance and samples for your use. The information contained here is a resource – the same as a Website or your text and should be combined with your own thoughts. Consider any information provided as a model response.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

judybailey52, Bachelor's degree
Experience: 20 years teach mathematics and 20 years of tutoring
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Could you help me out with this assignment
After the work you did in the pre-search analysis exercise, you should be in good shape to do some searching using both the web and the library. In this exercise you will document the resources that you have identified in your searching and describe each one briefly.

First, if you have not done so already, do your searching. Be sure to use both the publicly accessible Web and the Peirce Library databases. Use the words and phrases you came up with in the previous research exercise.

Next, identify at least 5 sources that you feel will be useful in helping you prepare your project and prepare an annotated bibliographic entry for each. Your annotated bibliography will include the MLA citation for the source as well as a brief description of the content of the source and how useful it is for your research project.
A few example annotated bibliography entries follows for your reference:

Aspray, William, Frank Mayadas, and Moshe Y. Vardi. “Globalization and Offshoring of Software: A Report of the ACM Job Migration Task Force.” ACM Job Migration Task Force. Association for Computing Machinery, 2005. Web. 28 Oct. 2010. .

This lengthy paper summarizes the ideas and opinions the computer and software industry, as represented by the ACM, has about offshoring. It is filled with good facts and figures and is a good source of information about the economic impacts of offshoring, but it is difficult to read in spots and some of the research is getting out of date.

Woodward, Kirk. "Implementing IT Outsourcing." April 2007. Faulkner Advisory for IT Studies. Web. 28 Oct. 2010.

I got detailed, practical advice for how to set out to implement an outsourcing operation from this article. It included best practices, traps to avoid and other tips. It’s brief but thorough, easy to read and very up-to-date.

· Prepare your annotated bibliography in accordance with the example above. To receive full credit for your work your bibliography must include the following:

1. At least 5 sources in total
Dictionaries, Encyclopedias and Wikipedia are NOT permitted as items for the bibliography (or the final Works Cited).

2. At least 2 sources that were obtained from the Peirce Library databases (visit http://ezproxy.peirce.edu/login and login to access the databases)

3. All sources formatted according to the MLA standard (see http://library.peirce.edu/MLA.aspx for formatting help and useful examples)

4. An annotation for each source detailing the following:

the standard, MLA formatted works cited entry along with a brief description of the following information about the resource:
A brief overview of the content of the article
How useful you think the information will be
Any limitations the information has (For example, the material may be too basic, too technical to understand easily, somewhat out of date, etc.)
Save your annotated bibliography to a single file and upload it to the proper dropbox.
Do not plagiarize.
Thanks for asking for me. I'll get back to you later today.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok
Smile
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Could u help me out
Yes, I can help.

Sorry, I got busy and didn't get back to you.

When did you need this?

Judy Smile
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
By Saturday
That's fine.

I'll check back if there are any further questions.

Judy Smile
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Great let me know
Smile
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is everything ok
Thank you for checking. We're good. Saturday is when you wanted this, right?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes
Smile
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is the assignment done
As soon as I finish I will forward it to you.

I am currently writing the annotations.I am using Proquest to find , and want to be sure that you have this on your library server. If not, we need three of the sources to be from your server. The articles are good, but they all seem to be from the same source.

I will look for other servers on my library and include them.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
judybailey52, Bachelor's degree
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Could you help me with my assignment
Would this be a new assignment? If it is a new one, I would be happy to look at it as soon as you accept this answer. I provided an answer for you here that you have not accepted.

Please let me know what you want to do.

Judy Smile
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Because this week's PowerPoint assignment requires that you
refer to images of charts and diagrams and recreate them in your own slide
presentation, you'll need to refer to the pdf file "Week5_PPT_HW109.pdf" that can be found in document sharing. You'll need the Adobe
Acrobat Reader installed to read the file (most students will already have this
software but if you do not, go to http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html to download the free reader application).

• Recreate the slides contained in the Week5_PPT_HW109.pdf file
    as a PowerPoint presentation and upload your presentation to the week 5
    PowerPoint dropbox.
  • Week5_PPT_HW109.pdf

PART 2

After putting
together an annotated bibliography in part 3 of the research project, you should
have a handle on one half of the research documentation process. In this step
of the project you will practice the second half of the process - in-text
citation. Complete this part of the research project as follows:

• Write a one or two
    paragraph summary of your research topic (additional paragraphs are fine, but do
    not make your sumXXXXX XXXXXer than one page)

• Identify at least
    three important pieces of information - NOT found in Encyclopedias, Wikipedia, or
    Dictionaries - that you obtained from your reference sources

• Include those
    pieces of information in your summary and cite them with appropriately formatted
    MLA in-text citations (be sure to consult http://library.peirce.edu/MLA.aspx
    for
    help on in-text citation, including specific examples). An example summary with
    citations is provided below.

• Save your summary
    to a single file and upload it to the "Week5: Project Part 4: In-Text Citation"
    dropbox.

• Please place your
    name and the page number in the header section in the upper-right corner of each
    page. In addition, double-space the lines, use 1" margins
    (top/bottom/left/right), use the Times New Roman font, and indent the first line
    of each paragraph.

Information
Technology Offshoring

According
to Aspray, Mayadas and Vardi, it is inevitable that globalization generally and
offshoring particularly will continue to grow in the foreseeable future. The
factors that they attribute this fact to include improvements in technology such
as inexpensive broadband networks, changes in work processes that lend the
ability to offshore discrete portions of processes, the rise of companies who
exist specifically to facilitate the offshoring process for others, and the
improvements internationally in technical education (9).

Woodward
claims that with careful planning and execution, offshoring initiatives can
result in reductions in cost of up to 20 percent (1). Aspray, Mayadas and Vardi
are more skeptical and caution that "offshoring magnifies existing risks and
creates new and often poorly understood or addressed threats to national
security, business property and processes, and individuals' privacy" (8). The
botXXXXX XXXXXne for information technology workers in the United States is that
offshoring is transforming the marketplace for their skills. "IT professionals
who understand how to interweave their IT skills with new business know-how have
the best chance of weathering this transformation" (Benjamin and Smith
94).

Works
Cited

Aspray,
William, Frank Mayadas, and Moshe Y. Vardi. "Globalization and Offshoring of
Software: A Report of the ACM Job Migration Task Force." ACM Job Migration Task
Force. 2006. Association for Computing Machinery. 7 July 2007.

Benjamin,
B. Shao, and David XXXXX XXXXX. "The Impact of Offshore Outsourcing on IT
Workers in Developed Countries." Communications of the ACM 50.2 (2007):
89-94.

Woodward,
Kirk. "Implementing IT Outsourcing." April 2007. Faulkner Advisory for IT
Studies. Peirce College Library. 4 June 2007
<http://www.faulkner.com/products/faulknerlibrary/pdf/00018886.pdf

PART 3

As
you well know, just because you read it on the World Wide Web doesn't mean it's
true. You may have heard the expression "caveat emptor" meaning "let the buyer
beware"; here you'll be applying the rule of "caveat lector", or "let the reader
beware". This exercise is intended to step you through some questions that
will help you evaluate the credibility, authority and usefulness of web
sources.

You'll
evaluate the following websites:

For
BOTH of the above sites answer questions 1-14 below. Please be sure to
number your responses, and do not combine your reviews the two sites together.
Please keep them separate.

• Author and
    Publisher

1. Identify, if
    possible, the author of the site.
  2. If the author is
    listed, provide any biographical information about the author, either from
    within the site ("About Us", "Background" "Biography", etc.) or better still, by
    doing a separate search as well. Does the author appear to be an authority?
    How well are you able to tell?
  3. Even if the author
    is not listed, the organization responsible for publishing the site often is.
    What organization is responsible for this site? (Try clicking examining or
    clicking on the copyright notice for help finding the publisher).
  4. What are the author
    and/or publisher's credentials? Can you verify these credentials from other
    sources? Does the author seem well qualified, and why or why not?
  5. Does the URL of the
    site tell you anything about the credibility of the site? What is the top level
    domain of the site (.com, .org, .edu, etc.)? What (if anything) does this tell
    you about the authority or credibility of the site? Does the site appear to be
    someone's personal page? How can you tell? (Visit http://www.library.jhu.edu/researchhelp/general/evaluating/url.html
    for help decoding urls.)
  6. Who owns the domain
    name in question? (Go to http://www.easywhois.com/ and type the domain name into the
    form there to find out.) Note that the information you find here may help you
    with answering 3 and 4 above.
  • Content

1. Who is the intended
    audience for the information? Is it primarily for medical doctors, academic
    researchers, consumers, the general public, experts, etc?
  2. What is the site's
    purpose? Is it to inform, to explain, to persuade, to sell, to
    entertain?
  3. How balanced and
    objective is the site's information? Does it appear that the author has a
    political, commercial or philosophical agenda?
  4. Is the information
    up-to-date? Are you able to tell? How important is currency given the subject
    matter?
  • Verification

1. Does the source
    provide a bibliography or links to other sources that support the information
    provided? Are you able to view these sources? Are the sources themselves
    credible and authoritative?
  2. What sites link to
    the source? You can find out by using the "link:" feature in Google, like this:
    "link:www.peirce.edu" to find which sites link to Peirce's homepage. What kinds
    of sites link to the source and how many? What does this say about the
    credibility of the site?
  3. Can you find at
    least 2 other reliable sources either from the library or the Web that
    support the information provided by the source?
  • The Bottom
    Line

14. Under what
circumstances, if any, would you be confident using the information provided by
the site? Why? In particular, would you reference the site in a research paper
for school? Why or why not?

PART 4

At this point in the project you
should have already researched your topic thoroughly, created an annotated
bibliography, put together a written summary of the main points of your
presentation and provided in-text citations in the text of that summary
indicating where and how you used the sources listed in your annotated
bibliography. In the fifth and final portion of the project you'll pull the
information you've gathered into a polished PowerPoint presentation. The
PowerPoint presentation is to to be a clear, well written, informative,
carefully documented, attractive 10-15 slide presentation summarizing the
research you've conducted in the class.

You'll be graded on the content of
the presentation, the research you did and the way that you documented that
research in your presentation, and your use of PowerPoint, as well as on grammar
and spelling.

Add your name as footer
text.

Be sure to consult the
detailed grading rubric below for the things you'll need to do to receive a good
grade on your final project!

Note: Encyclopedias,
Wikipedia, and Dictionaries should NOT be included as sources for the Works Cited
list.

Sunday by 7pm

I will look at this new question after you accept the previous one on this posting. You asked two questions and only accepted one.

After you accept this posting, you will need to create a new post to my attention. I will look at it then.

If you have questions, please let me know.

Judy Smile
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I already accepted both questions the last time
Thank you. I just received notice of your payment.

This question will need to be posted separately from the others.

Post it to my attention and I will look at it and get back to you.

If you have questions, please ask.

Judy

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Where do I post it I normal just post it here
You need to begin a new post instead of adding it on here. Thanks.

Post it to my attention FOR JUDYBAILEY