HelpfulHomework
HelpfulHomework, Teacher
Experience:  Involved in education in the sciences but hoping to help in any way possible
20314402

RA - CE

Customer Question

1.) a patient is brought to the hospital by ambulance after falling from a ladder while painting his two-story home. his wife said the he struck his head and was unconscious for approcimately 20 minutes. on examination, he was found to have an open skull fracture with cerebral lacerations and contusions. the skull fractur was debrided and reduced. he was on the intensive-care unit for five days and on the medical floor for five days after that. on day 10, he was discharged in good condition. code and sequence the appropriate diagnosis and treatment codes for this case.

2.) a patient was admitted to university hospital because of suspected carcinoma of the colon. an exploratory laparotomy was performed, and a large mass was found in the anastomosis. the pathology report confirmed adenocarcinoma of the sigmoid colon. code and sequence the diagnosis and procedure codes for this inpatient case.

3.) a 16-year old male was fishing and accidentally fot the fishhook stuck in the back of his hand. after being examined in the emergency room at university hospital, the physician clipped the protruding section of the fishhook and then pulled the hook out of the skin with a hemostat. the wound was irrigated, a dressing was applied, and the patient was discharged home. what are the ICD-9-CM and/or CPT procedure codes for this case?

4.) a newborn is being held as an inpatient for observation of possible jaundice. what are the range CPT codes that the physician could use for the initial hospital care and the subsequent hospital care?
Category: Homework
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I’m a Moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes, i am still waiting for an answer
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your reply. Sometimes, finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thx
Expert:  Shawn P Adamo replied 2 years ago.

Hello. My specialty is focusing on YOUR Financial needs. Financial Planner/Business Owner for 20 years. CPA,PFS,QFP,GMMA.

Are you looking for the medical codes?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes the codes and the correct sequence

NP. Give me 24 hrs pls.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok
np
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
all the questions should be coded with ICD-9-CM and/or CPT , editions 2011
ok
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Will I get the answers,today
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
will u still answer my questions
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
it was promised to me to get the answer in 24 hours, which would have been yesterdau 11 am, now it is 11.10am a day after (so 48 hours)
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I’m a Moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find another Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes i am still waiting for an answer
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Expert:  HelpfulHomework replied 2 years ago.
Hello. I'd be happy to assist if you still require assistance. I will have the answers for you momentarily.
DM
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

the coding sequence is wrong, the E code has always to be at the end.

and there are codes missing for the stay ing the hospital and for some diagnoses and treatments. just one example - open skull fracture with cerebral lacerations
and contusions (not specifying base or vault) unconscious appx 20 min will be coded as 803.62.

and the fourth answer should be somewhere in the 9000 codes

please look over it again!!! thanks