Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Experience:  Master's Degree, strong math and writing skills, experience in one-on-one tutoring (college English)
22285537

world geography penn foster

Customer Question

Which of the following was the main purpose behind the formation of the Arab League in 1945?

A. To unite Arab opposition to the founding of Israel

B. To create a Pan-Arab economic bloc to counter Western hegemony

C. To unite all Arab countries under a single Pan-Arab state

D. To establish a homeland for the Palestinians

Monotheism, a religious doctrine that recognizes a single supreme god, first arose in Southwest Asia around _________ BC.

A. 2500

B. 1000

C. 600

D. 230

The last great empire centered in Southwest Asia was the _______ Empire.

A. Ottoman

B. Byzantine

C. Roman

D. Mongol

After the Iranian Revolution of 1979 brought the Ayatollah Khomeini to power, fundamentalist Islamic sharia law was infused into Iranian government policies. In reaction to this development, most

A. Muslim countries also adopted sharia law.

B. Sunni Muslims rejected sharia law, because most Iranians are Shia.

C. Muslim countries turned to terrorism to further Muslim interests.

D. Muslim countries rejected and suppressed Islamic fundamentalists.

In a/an _______ economy, the production of a wide range of manufactured products becomes more economically important than primary production and a service sector begins to develop.

A. international

B. developing

C. production

D. diversified

In India, the government favors the building of dams in order to

A. invite foreign investment.

B. provide systematic irrigation.

C. reverse the effects of salinization.

D. reduce dependency on irrigation.

Which of the following global religions arose in India?

A. Jainism

B. Buddhism

C. Hinduism

D. Sikhism

Which of the following statements is true with regard to Pakistan?

A. General Pervez Musharraf seized power in 1999 to establish a democratic government.

B. Between 1980 and the early 2000s, literacy rates increased only slightly.

C. U.S. sanctions imposed on Pakistan after its nuclear tests were dropped in late 2001.

D. Former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto was elected president in 2008.

In 1997, the year the Kyoto Protocol was endorsed by more than 120 countries, the top carbon dioxide emitters included Persian Gulf states such as Qatar and the United Arab Emirates. Among the top 10 emitters, which country ranked seventh?

A. Kuwait

B. Bahrain

C. United States

D. Saudi Arabia

In the United States, as of 2009, which of the following was the largest and fastest-growing immigrant group?

A. Asians

B. Western Europeans

C. Hispanics

D. Eastern Europeans and Russians

Regarding tropical rainforests, the term evapotranspiration refers to the fact that

A. deforestation causes a loss of soil fertility due to water evaporation.

B. deforestation causes a decline in atmospheric oxygen.

C. trees absorb carbon dioxide and "exhale" oxygen.

D. the humidity of rain forests can produce local and regional precipitation.

The only Central American country with a long history of democratic government is

A. Nicaragua.

B. Belize.

C. Guatemala.

D. Costa Rica.

Which of the following is the primary subsistence crop in Latin America?

A. Wheat

B. Corn

C. Beans

D. Potatoes

Among the northern Andean countries strongly involved in the illegal coca and drug trade, __________ is now the predominant coca producer.

A. Ecuador

B. Colombia

C. Peru

D. Bolivia

On Caribbean islands with mountains, the windward slopes facing the trade winds force air upward, causing rainfall. As a result, areas immediately to the leeward of the mountains have a microclimate with sparse precipitation called a/an

A. ENSO.

B. rain shadow.

C. drought shadow.

D. slope shadow.

The Alternative for the Americas agreement of the early 2000s is primarily aimed at

A. inviting foreign investment from Asia.

B. creating a Latin American Union.

C. excluding the United States from Latin America.

D. improving ties with the European Union.

In the post-industrial era, an edge city is a/an

A. urbanized development that is an extension of a megalopolis.

B. large suburban development mainly occupied by commuters.

C. merger of several residential suburbs into one entity.

D. complex of warehouses, shopping malls, and offices located along traffic routes

Which of the following statements about Southern South America is true?

A. The Argentine economy was devastated by the end of 2001 due to multiple factors.

B. Influence of Roman Catholicism has sharply declined in Argentina.

C. Uruguay has the lowest level of urbanization of any mainland Latin American country.

D. Paraguay is the smallest country of the subregion 

Category: Homework
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I’m a Moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes i am
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for your reply. Sometimes, finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There were some answers I have answered that are wrong that you also gave me that is wrong it makes me second guess the other answers
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

A. 2500

B. 1000

C. 600

D. 230

A. Ottoman

B. Byzantine

C. Roman

D. Mongol

A. international

B. developing

C. production

D. diversified

A. invite foreign investment.

B. provide systematic irrigation.

C. reverse the effects of salinization.

D. reduce dependency on irrigation.

A. Jainism

B. Buddhism

C. Hinduism

D. Sikhism

A. Kuwait

B. Bahrain

C. United States

D. Saudi Arabia

A. Asians

B. Western Europeans

C. Hispanics

D. Eastern Europeans and Russians

A. Nicaragua.

B. Belize.

C. Guatemala.

D. Costa Rica.

A. Wheat

B. Corn

C. Beans

D. Potatoes

A. Ecuador

B. Colombia

C. Peru

D. Bolivia

A. ENSO.

B. rain shadow.

C. drought shadow.

D. slope shadow.

B. creating a Latin American Union.

D. complex of warehouses, shopping malls, and offices located along traffic routes.

Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.

Hello, and thanks for the question.

I just logged on and got your reply. You mentioned that some of the previous answers were incorrect. If you can specify exactly which answers were incorrect, I'll be happy to take another look at those.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
A. Ecuador
B. Colombia
C. Peru
D. Bolivia (wrong answer)

C. To unite all Arab countries under a single Pan-Arab state (wrong answer)

A. 2500 (wrong answer)
B. 1000
C. 600
D. 230

A. Muslim countries also adopted sharia law. (wrong answer)

Expert:  Chris M. replied 2 years ago.

Hello, and thanks for the reply,

Sorry if four of the answers were incorrect. I can understand if you choose not to "accept" the answer. Apparently some of these question are too text-specific to be answered without the book.

-Chris M.